Virgin America=Awesome

Jew

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't heard too much about Virgin Atlantic, but from what I see in that video, I really want to fly them. But for right now, it looks like I'll be stuck with American, Southwest, and US (PUKE).

-Zach "My school field trip to Philadelphia is on American; if we had to pay extra for jetBlue, so be it" Anderson

We have Virgin flying domestically in Australia and I fly them all the time. Their fares are great, service is good, and their stewardesses are hot!

They were successfully taken to court for discrimination because they won't hire any stewardesses over 35, I think they say they are looking for Virgin flair in their stewardesses which equals hot.

JetBlue also flies Airbus A320s, and they, too, have the video screens on the seatbacks. You can't order food or communicate with other passengers, but there's enough to watch during a routine flight.

Back in October, we flew jetBlue non-stop from Burbank to Orlando. They've since discontinued that route, but I'd fly jetBlue again if I could.

Eric

^This is a perfect example of why all the "legacy" airlines are failing! They do everything possible (including lobbying the government to create lame ass rules like this one) to protect their outdated business models instead of improving their service/fleet/pricing to give travelers the service they want!

They still fight to keep Jetblue and Southwest out of cities too through BS laws and FAA regulations.

^Southwest doesn't have assigned seating. It's the same as it ever was.

That said, I think they are one of the better airlines, period. But I realize every person has their own unique tastes and there's no one product that suits everyone in the world.

Now then, count me in for wishing to see Virgin America fly! I like their ideas and their style. Let's see them give it a shot.

^Southwest doesn't have assigned seating. It's the same as it ever was.

That said, I think they are one of the better airlines, period. But I realize every person has their own unique tastes and there's no one product that suits everyone in the world.

Now then, count me in for wishing to see Virgin America fly! I like their ideas and their style. Let's see them give it a shot.

My mom's coworker just flew on it the other day and they assigned him a seat prior to boarding, if I'm correct, it's a beta test for the new program to take effect in 2008

Why? Granted they finally have assigned seating

No, they don't. Last I knew they were still testing it. Actually, I like the open seating, because in most cases you can actually choose NOT to sit next to the fat smelly person, annoying kid, etc.

I will admit, I am biased, since Southwest is the only airline I've flown as of yet. But based on what I've heard about other airlines, I would still prefer these guys over everyone else for a few reasons. They have reasonable fares and their customer service is pretty damn good. Sure, being served a drink by some 50 year old lady is far from "hot". But at least they're nice about it. They do have some pretty hot flight attendants though (in rare cases; most tend to look like the aforementioned, or you get a gay dude...) and I'll have to say when I've come across some model-looking chick, she was a total b**ch. So I think I'd rather have the good service, thanks.

And like I said before, I actually like the open seating policy (except on the rare occasions when the flight is full and I get stuck in the C boarding group).

Maybe if someday I fly somewhere Southwest doesn't go, or feel like shelling out an insane amount of money for a 50 minute flight to Vegas, I'll see that that airline is better and change my mind. But I've never had a problem with Southwest, and for now, that works for me.

they are quite possibly the worst economy airline out there.

I answered your question, so now it's your turn: Why?

Southwest is pretty terrible!!!

For one thing, at this point they are no longer that much cheaper than a lot of the airlines! In fact we haven't flown them in a really long time in part because they're usually teh same price if not more money and stops!

I don't find their staff that 'fun or nice' anymore. Basically it seems like after 9/11 they cracked down A LOT and they're no different than the other airlines in that respect.

Scheduling. Their scheduling SUCKS! No redeyes. LAME.

Dirty, dirty planes. I always describe them as the 'Greyhound bus of the sky'. The planes are also borning with nothing to do on them.

Personally I don't like their open seating plan. Again, after 9/11 it went through some changes, for the worst. Since you could now get your boarding passes online you could get screwed if you were staying at a motel the night before, or if you don't want to show up 8 hours early and deal with having to stake out your claim. And if you have to switch planes you could get screwed due to the other plane already having people on it, or arriving late and being at the back of the pack.

I will still fly them if they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, but I haven't seen that in awhile. I've flown some of the low cost airlines in Europe and LOVE them and am hoping that Virgin America could bring that over here.

The last time I flew Southwest was in August of 2005. I was stuck next to some 20-something punk kid who looked like he wanted to beat me. I was flying alone, which is supposed to allow me to get on first, but Southwest *convienently* forgot to mention that, and when I inquired about it, I was told (in gentler terms) to shut up.

Don't even get me started on U.S. Air, though. I was nearly in tears after my experience was over.