TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So how many people out there are ACEer's?

Are you a member of ACE?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of ACE?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined ACE for the ERT events this season but you'll never see me with patches/pins/fanny packs and the like at any point. There are a lot of awesome people I have met at some New England ACE events, and I hope those that take the club seriously don't take offense to the jokes... because that's all they are.

I like being an ACEr. Sure some of the members are a little weird, and some are more than a little big (broke the flying scooters at Screech Fest regional ace event we had a few years ago @ LeSourdsville Lake), but all in all I think it's very much worth it. There's the discounted tickets, the events which are usually very good, the magazine has some awsome pictures and some good articles about coasters in trouble. Speaking of coasters in trouble, the ACE preservation fund is a great idea and I'm happy that the organization is concerned about keeping the older rollercoasters from being torn down to build a new Old Navy Store or some crap like that. Say what you will about ACErs in jest, but anyone who says that the orginazation itself is bad should bite their tongue. The people in ace have the same interests as the people here at TPR. We should be glad that there are so many coaster clubs out there now, and for those of you in ace, bravo for putting up with all the wisecracks!

I'm in ACE, but I really have no idea why as I have never been to an event as I can never make them. Can't make most events from any group actually, but I do rather like the publications despite them being late and all that, I just like getting all the coaster stuff I can get.

ACE-free since about 1997! I had no desire to attend any further events, and the news was (is?) so slow, each mailing was like a history lesson.

The internet RULES for coaster/park news. News of any kind, for that matter. A toddler (or donkey?) could tell you that...

Yeah, I belong to ACE. The discount to Dollywood alone paid for this years membership. I eat like an ACER, only I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I love their preservation society. I gladly acknowledge being a member.

I'm one of their bad boys. I tend to bend a few of their by-laws.

I as well as the rest of my family are ace members. We just renewed our passes after debating if it was worth it.. And I can say for us, it was. It came in handy during 2 visits to Kings Dominion last year, and if it wasnt for ACE we wouldn't have gone to Cypress Gardens (got in free, Galaxy Spin media day). Hopefully the Florida chapter can get more stuff going this year, there weren't too many last year.

I like the magazines, so thats a plus too.

i'm an ACEr, but really it's just so I can have a card that says im obsessed with coasters, and receive the publications.. i try and get as much coaster stuff as possible.. and being an ACEr helps that along.. lol. and as far as buffets? psh, get me on the coasters! dont waste my time with food! hahah

Dang! I KNEW this thread had been posted before!

I used Search to try to find if this thread was already posted, as I was afraid it had. Oddly enough, it didn't show up when I typed in "are you an ACEer" or something like that in the Search. So I posted another poll with the exact same question. Result: My first locked topic.

Super "Guess I should be more careful about using Search from now on, huh?" Dasher

I've been in ACE for 13 years. It has some politics and some stereotypes I don't like but it's the only club I've stuck with for the long haul. I do like the magazine and I find more and more that I still like ACE News. They have enough intesting articles about club events and the news is a good summary with the Internet being such an overload of scattered info. I find it more worthwhile than Amusement Today for instance. The ACE Paramount 50% discount is a good perk for those looking for some value.

I've had some issues with the events recently but overall they are great. The conventions are usually very good events. It was hard to beat CP and SFGAm the past two years. I do find it funny how people think if they sign up for ACE they'll suddenly acquire all of the negative, stereotypical member characteristics but if they don't sign up they won't.

I haven't done any ECC events but I am a member. First Drop magazine is definitely top notch and it has details you can't even find on the Internet. Very good articles and pictures as well.

For years I said I was going to join ACE, but didn't do it until a month or so ago.

I haven't received much information on the benefits, such as the discounts that the various parks offer, other than the one park listed on web site (Holiday World).

I am planning to go to my first event this summer (Coaster Con XXIX). Can you give me an idea of what I should expect?.....How do the ACEers act, are they fun to be with, etc....

I don't think I'll ever join until I can travel and start utilizing all th e benefits ACE has to offer, even then... maybe I'll just remain an independent coaster enthusiest.