TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mr. Freeze to turn RED!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really like the new paint job. So what if it doesn't fit the theme, I mean this is Six Flags were talking about. And who knows what the story behind this is, or what Six Flags has up their sleeves.

Looks Good!

Does any one see ...Superman wanted to mug the Snowy's Ice cream (thats the station) so the new color change hints he wanted to mug them..and then have a quick get away ..thus you board the linear induction escape vehicle , in doing so you blast out of the station , then uhh have to stop for gas and the idiot driving starts going in reverse getting you arrested upon return to station.

Sorry had to point my view of a retheme out..

• 2 weeks later...

^ Hi there eskater,

We already had a topic on Mr. Freeze's paint job so I have merged your topic into that one.

Please be sure to use the Search function when you're posting about coaster or park news. Chances are there's already a thread!

--Robb

Now that I see it with the colours, I think that it's pretty obvious that this is going to be a Superman themed ride. If it stays as Mr. Freeze I will be amazed.

It seems a shame that even a slightly original theme is being substituted by Six Flags generic ride theme no.1 . I could also see Six Flags advertising this as if it's a new ride.

But I have to say that it actually looks much better in this colour scheme than in pale blue which blended in with the sky. The ride needed a paint and it now has much more presence on the skyline

Why do you all keep thinking the are going to change the theme to Superman? Do you realize how much money it would cost to re-theme a ride? And how totally pointless that would be?

Think about it - reprinting signs, brochures, T-Shirts, etc, etc. It makes no sense at all.

I just think it's a poor choice of a new paint scheme.

--Robb

Because the colours used match exactly the ones used on all of the other Superman rides.

But I think that it's more to do with the fact that Six Flags can now say "Ride the new Superman *insert ending* at Six Flags over Texas" and sell it as a new ride. They obviously thought that there would be no point in repainting a ride if they can't make something out of it and I think that this would be a good move for any park.

As for merchandising, they can just use the same name as another Six Flags Superman ride and use the same merchandise

Because the colours used match exactly the ones used on all of the other Superman rides.

But think that it's more to do with the fact that Six Flags can now say "Ride the new Superman *insert ending* at Six Flags over Texas" and sell it as a new ride. They obviously thought that there would be no point in repainting a ride if they can't make something out of it and I think that this would be a good move for any park.

Yeah, but keep in mind they already did the "Ride the new Superman Tower of Power" but 3 or 4 years ago.

I don't really see there being much of an argument for it switching themes. I agree with Robb, and that it's just a poor choice of colors.