TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WalMart blocked in San Diego....

BeemerBoy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm sure San Diego wanted a gigantic, obtrusive, dirty, trashy hellhole so rednecks could buy 8 pound bags of M&M's for $2.89.

I'm sure the city's 180,000 residents living under the poverty level would prefer a cheaper alternative to consumer goods, merchandise and food..

So what if Wal Mart doesn't pay too well or give benefits? if people are willing to work under those conditions, so be it! Obviously there are people out there that will work in those conditions or else Wal Mart wouldn't have 1100 stores nationwide. At least some one is willing to do the work that most Americans refuse to do, and our collective mentality is in large why so many people are moving here illegally and "taking our jobs"...

oh, and I'd rather have the government give monetary assistance to those who are actually working and trying to earn a living, rather than those who are just lazy

So what if Wal Mart doesn't pay too well or give benefits? if people are willing to work under those conditions, so be it! Obviously there are people out there that will work in those conditions or else Wal Mart wouldn't have 1100 stores nationwide.

There irony here being that Wal Marts put local stores out of business by offering things so insanely cheap. And of course Wal Mart is able to offer those products so cheaply because they deal with companies that manufacture in China and other countries with very little standard of work quality OR product quality. American manufacturers can't compete, thus they're out of business too!

All those workers are out of a job...thus they're forced to work at, yup, Wal Mart.

I work at a grocery store, where I have been for 3 years now...It's a union job, I get decent hours and benefits. A couple of years ago, a Wal Mart opened near us...now our entire chain is up for sale, and I have no clue whether or not I'm going to lose my job...

My family's been devestated by the sudden death of my father back in late August, and my mother hasn't worked since the late 1980's...I'm currently the only one with a job. I had plans to finally move out of my old home, but because of what happened, I need to put those plans on hold for now, for the sake of my mother and sister...my biggest fear, if I do get laid off, is that the only job I will be able to get, is at a place like Wal-Mart, where they will pay me even less then my current job, and offer no benefits, and obviously no union to turn to.

I think my all time favorite bumper sticker is one that says "A living wage is a moral value..." But of course, if you said that aloud these days, you're likely to be met with cries of "Communist! Communist!"

Yeah I'm sure San Diego wanted a gigantic, obtrusive, dirty, trashy hellhole so rednecks could buy 8 pound bags of M&M's for $2.89.

I'm sure the city's 180,000 residents living under the poverty level would prefer a cheaper alternative to consumer goods, merchandise and food..

So what if Wal Mart doesn't pay too well or give benefits? if people are willing to work under those conditions, so be it! Obviously there are people out there that will work in those conditions or else Wal Mart wouldn't have 1100 stores nationwide. At least some one is willing to do the work that most Americans refuse to do, and our collective mentality is in large why so many people are moving here illegally and "taking our jobs"...

oh, and I'd rather have the government give monetary assistance to those who are actually working and trying to earn a living, rather than those who are just lazy

And that's the difference between the East coast and the California coast.

^You know what's funny about that? I live in a upper middle class suburb of LA, and when we finally got a real shopping center...both Wal Mart and Ralphs are tenants, and both do quite well.

Our areas only complaint was we didn't want the auto-shop equation of the "big box" store concept, which Wal Mart agreed to.

But maybe that's just because we're a bunch of jews.

-Joey "can't personally complain about Wal Mart, but I can see why others do" Mandel

^^^ you know... i lived in northridge too... and i never shopped at that wally world... i was always at ralphs, or gelsons, or whole foods... or target. never wal-mart.

flash forward to my doing time here in America's wang... and i am practically forced to shop at wallys for some things...

I cant wait to move back to my beloved valley... April cannot come soon enough.

It's easy to hate such a successful company... I am sorry for the citizens of San Diego.

It's not really the success that is hated. It's their questionable labor practices and bullying of suppliers.

http://www.fastcompany.com/online/77/walmart.html

Walmart is a dump anyway. Target carries much nicer stuff. And if you're looking for a wholesale club, Costco is also far superior to Sam's Club in terms of the quality of goods that they stock. Oddly I'm currently a Sam's Club member. Costco is too damn far from where I live, and I hate driving.