TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bigfoot to get the boot!

There has been rumors lately, on Screamscape that Bigfoot river rapids

will be taken out soon. Well today I was at Knotts, and the main Q house was gone! Could this be the beginning of dis-constrution?

I hope not this would make Knotts lose more of the charm that Silver Bullet and the new Mack spinner have took or taken away.

If you have any information please post. Thanks

--Jay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it doesn't go. A good intamin coaster would be cool and all, but not at the expense of Big Foot Rapids. It's a great ride because riders from all demographics can enjoy it. I would understand if they were planning to expand into the backstage area a bit, but to start removing bits of the ride now for it would seem like they're starting at the wrong place. After all, they would first have to have an adequete building already up to relocate the stuff inside the whare houses to. We'll see. Hopefully they won't destroy it or I'll have no choice but to steal a crap load of money so I can become the majority shareholder in the company set things right with knotts.

^ Have you smelled the velcro restraints on it recently? The smell like a rank/moldy-ass gym bag full of acer socks. I say good riddence.

Does Mack make raft rides? The one at Europa was pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind an upgrade. Raft tech has come a long way since, what, 1988? How old is this ride anyway?

In my opinion the ride has been gone since the bigfoot in the tunnel moved to the desert and started working street corners. It's been a long, slow death.

RIP my wookie friend.

-Don

There has been rumors lately, on Screamscape that Bigfoot river rapids

will be taken out soon. Well today I was at Knotts, and the main Q house was gone! Could this be the beginning of dis-constrution?

I hope not this would make Knotts lose more of the charm that Silver Bullet and the new Mack spinner have took or taken away.

If you have any information please post. Thanks

--Jay

Do you have any pictures of the site of this q-building?

So I went to knotts...totally crowded! Any way, Big foot didnt open till 12, I had to leave at 12. But I decided to wait anyway. So I roamed around the park and got in line for it at like 11:50. Waited till 12, didnt open. Waited till 12:15 didnt open. I had to leave. But I have seen what they are doing back there already. Imagine a 4X4 piece of wood sticking out of a cement floor cut at a 45* angle. Now imagine a lot of them and a large pile of wood. What has already been is not what you would do if you wanted to save it. I also asked some on my contacts at the park about the ride. They all said that the next time that Big Foot has a major break down that it will not be fixed. It will be removed. But I was not told if they were ust going to replace it with another rapids ride or remove it totally.

Long line

Many, many years ago when CF took over I was told that Bigfoot Rapids was the place they were looking at for a big Millennium Force style hyper coaster. Now, that was a long time ago, probably about 5 years, so who knows what's been changed since then.

All I know is that this doesn't surprise me. The Bigfoot Rapids area was one of the nicer looking areas of the park so there is NO WAY it was safe!

Just one more step to this park's death....oh, who are we kidding, it died years ago!

--Robb "At least XLR8R is still fun!" Alvey

Many, many years ago when CF took over I was told that Bigfoot Rapids was the place they were looking at for a big Millennium Force style hyper coaster. Now, that was a long time ago, probably about 5 years, so who knows what's been changed since then.

All I know is that this doesn't surprise me. The Bigfoot Rapids area was one of the nicer looking areas of the park so there is NO WAY it was safe!

Just one more step to this park's death....oh, who are we kidding, it died years ago!

--Robb "At least XLR8R is still fun!" Alvey

Even if they changed their mind about the coaster CF has to be crazy to think they could fit somthing like that there.

--Dallas

There actually is some room back there if they take out Mystery Lodge as well.

Wonder if they will use the KOD building for the station.

Plus, we all know Knott's will just build it high enough to tower over everything anyway.

I'm still shocked most of Ghost Town is still there.

Why don't they just change the parks name to Boardwalk because the whole park is starting to look like the Boardwalk area anyway.

After all the years that I have been going to knotts, I fanally went on the Mystery Lodge the other day. It was cool, but really it takes up a lot of space. If they take out BFR and dont replace it for a while, the area will instantly die! Mystery lodge and the Wilderness Scrambler are not going to bring anybody to that part of the park.

Sorry wes, I really do like that area.

If they take out Mystery Lodge they take out the best maze at Haunt (13 Axe Murder Manor). Well, I really just hope they redo the ride, not completly tear it out. Or they could add more water so you actually get wet.

---Brent

Not really. That entire maze is backstage, they could easily find a way to make it work.

Personally i didn't like BFR when i went a couple years ago all our raft did was float down the river and no one in our raft got wet so maybe a replacement might be good. a replacement of another rapid ride would be the best but maybe a spinner would be really cool. also mystery lodge was pretty cool but i agree it is way to big so maybe they should make it smaller and expand the river rafts so that people will actually get wet. a raft ride like the one at lake compounce would be great cause that raft ride gets everyone except one person soaking wet.