TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Portal 2 is on sale on Amazon.com right now... $30 for PC version, $35 for consoles.

GAH, it's so tempting, but I don't think my parents will let me buy it, since I just bought Halo Reach this past month and have barely even touched games like Disgaea, Guild Wars, Borderlands, etc. that I bought a while back.

UPDATE: Got it. If anybody plays the PC version, hit me up in 5-8 days!

Edited by onewheeled999

^^

Holy crap... excellent find... I was contemplating getting Portal 2 (I only JUST got the 360 and have been playing Portal:Still Alive quite a bit... and LOVE IT!) and now this just gave me a boost I needed to buy the 2nd... thanks for the tip...

I'm sick of these lame NFS games like Shift and Hot Pursuit (and now "The Run"). They need to bring NFS Underground back.

In my opinion, the only racing game that's going to be worth it is Forza 4.

I agree with you, Most Wanted was an awesome game and the rest that followed are not that great. They need one like underground again with free roam and lots of customization options and SUV races again. Make it night time again or maybe even one that goes on a day/night system. As for tthe cops I do like them in the game but they need to add more of a challenge to outrun them.

So Portal 2 finally arrived today, and as soon as I got home and unpackaged it I began installing it.

Wow. I've only played about an hour and a half of the single-player campaign, but I'm already loving it. It has the same charm as the original, while being funnier, in my opinion more challenging (and therefore more satisfying), and just as much fun. I'd say it's worth the eight days it took to ship from Amazon.

^^

I too am loving Portal 2... I also am about an hour and a half in... maybe 2 hours total, really... but I must have lucked out... my copy from Amazon took 5 days... either way, Portal 2 rocks... I'm not sure I share your feelings about it being funnier... I prefered GLaDOS' dry humor more-so in the first... that isn't to say she isn't entertaining to me, but I found her to be more surprising in the first... I do, however, agree about the degree of difficulty... it has ramped up much quicker in this game, when compared to the original... can't wait to try multiplayer too... either way, Portal 2 is a must have game, just like the first... a "system" seller, if you will...

^ Well, the thing about the first game is that it was kind of a surprise that her humor was so dry and dark. Now that the secret is out that she's a sarcastic, homicidal robot that finds amusement in putting test subjects through rigorous, often deadly experiments, the focus of the jokes kinda had to change to a more silly tone. Which I enjoy.

Like the "Say 'apple'." line.

Update: THIS GAME IS BLOWING MY FLIPPIN MIND. I'm in chapter 7, at the first room that uses only the white gel. Just... wow, this is amazing.

Edited by onewheeled999

I bought the new Motorstorm last week, Motorstorm: Apocalypse. It's a really good game, incredibly fun! Now if only PSN would come back online so I can try the multiplayer out. Rumors are swirling that it won't be back until May 31 at the earliest...bummer.

Edit: A little update after I have played the game more. It's still a great and a really fun game, but I still think the original Motorstorm is better than both this one and Pacific Rift. I don't know what it is exactly, these past two (especially Apocalypse) have felt very arcade-ey.

Yeah, I agree with Maximo here. I actually enjoyed Portal 1 as much as the 2nd despite it's short length. The twist was surprising, and the dry humor was much more mature and cynical. I still love the second one though, but the first was so cool. It looked like your normal "side-game" packaged with Orange Box, and then there were moments amidst the "standard testing with robot". Things got weirder, GLaDOS was getting funkier, and then when you were supposed to die, you escape and finish with a bang.

Portal 2 feels less mature in that it feels like it's "trying to make me laugh", which is fine in some cases, but I think that was the Portal 1 charm. It was dry, dark, and cynical.

Still, I feel that Portal 2 was with the money, and honestly, I couldn't think of a better way to try and "keep up" with the first game. However, the first game (to me) has an unbeatable/unrepeatable "genius" quality in it that sequels won't be able to keep up with fully because it's already been done.

Sony released a system update that will require users to change their password.

Also, they have begun restoring PSN:

They are going to restore services, starting with online multiplayer functionalty, by region. They have even provided a map that will supposedly light up as each state is restored. They have already begun restoring some states, and the entire country will be fully restored "in several hours."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...on-begins-now/

Also, a video statement from Kaz himself.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-announcement/

In the video he says a "welcome back package" will be offered to all users for being patient. Details will be "announced in the coming days."

Oookay, Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD is a terrible game if you're really jumpy like I am. The enemies come out of nowhere, and although they don't look very good, it still terrifying to turn around and have some of those things right in your face.

It's really not the kind of game I can play for hours at a time, it's more like 20-minute bursts in between Portal 2 and Disgaea sessions.

Speaking of, I finally beat Portal 2 the other day, and am in the middle of my second playthrough. And DAMN, is the game good all the way to the end.

I am loving the new MK. I just wish the Playstation store would come back up, so that I could buy the rest of the retro outfits.

I don't really game online, because when I try it, I really suck at it. I can't figure out human opponents the same way I can with CPU opponents. Any advice from the experts on here would be greatly appreciated.

^ I wish the Playstation store would come back up so I can get my free games!

By the way, there isn't any DLC for Mortal Kombat yet, and it's still up in the air if the retro costumes will even be offered as DLC at all. Right now the only thing that's really confirmed is the new characters, Kenshi, Skarlet, and possibly Fujin...but they haven't been released yet, and the release date is still unknown.

Right now the general consensus is that they *might* release them as DLC, but it sounds like they most likely will eventually. The developers have said that as long as the game is still being played, DLC will still be released. Also, I can't remember if it was Twitter or Facebook, but when announced that DLC is indeed in the works to be released soon, people were asking about the possible release of retro costumes. Their response was simply "ask and you shall receive." So it sounds promising.

^ well, that's good to hear. I much prefer Reptile as a disguised ninja than as a fully exposed lizard-thing, even though his design has improved a bit in this version of MK. Ermac, I definitely prefer as a red ninja, rather than this black mummy-like creature they've made him now.