TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's Wood Coaster Poll - VOTE NOW!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did my fairly short list too. I've got to ride more woodies. What's sad is I last rode my two favorite woodies in 2002.

But what's good about having so few coasters is that doing the poll is much easier. I can actually rank all these from best to worst. I can't do that with my steel list, which is at 98, I think. Maybe I'll do the 1 for good, 5 for bad thing for the steel list. Last year I was able to do the ranking all method, but I think I rode about 20 new steel coasters since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reminding me, Robb. Sadly, I end up actually filling out the ballot and sending it in only about every third time it comes up. I've got mine in this year, though!

Should be interesting to see how Voyage places. Best in the US, I wonder...?

Thanks for reminding me, Robb. Sadly, I end up actually filling out the ballot and sending it in only about every third time it comes up. I've got mine in this year, though!

Should be interesting to see how Voyage places. Best in the US, I wonder...?

I read through the ballots like a week ago. Voyage is doing quite well. I didn't, however, check too closely into how it compared with Balder and El Toro.

I've personally got Voyage at #3, behind favorite steel (#1) and Avalanche at Timber Falls (#2). I have yet to ride El Toro or Balder, though.

OK, cool. I'd hate to not have my dumb opinions counted.

I've been on 98 different wood coasters. The best? Balder. The worst? Son Of Beast. Oddly enough, I had a much harder time picking the worst coaster than I did the best. Far too many contenders for the Spine Destroyer Award...

dt

^That's funny Dave, I had the same problem!

I think the issue is that there are far more Horrible Bad woodies than good ones so it makes the end of the list much harder to rank!

Guess what Dave...you'll have two new horrible woodies in contention for your worst after next summer!!!!