TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Simpsons rip on COASTER ENTHUSAISTS!!! LMAO!!!!

That loop looked very random in there with all that wood, hee hee.

We just watched a taping of it, from last night.

Very nice.

Now why wasn't Stealth @ Thorpe called that, HMMM???

Zoooooooomeratorrrrrrr. (immediate sound of bird being squelched on impact)

I like it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a version of the episode online. Kind of funny how Homer jumps into the car and pulls a lever in the station to dispatch the train and that Marge climbs over the coaster attempting to repair the "track", which doesn't make room for upstop wheels (maybe it's a side-friction with an inversion!)

http://www.allsimps.com/index.php?season=18

And we all know that while Robb and Elissa didn't marry on Colossus, they did propose on it

Found a version of the episode online. Kind of funny how Homer jumps into the car and pulls a lever in the station to dispatch the train and that Marge climbs over the coaster attempting to repair the "track", which doesn't make room for upstop wheels (maybe it's a side-friction with an inversion)

Only an enthusiast could have made this post. Hilarious.

Yeah, there's tons of theme park references in The Simpsons:

Mount Splashmore

Blockoland (spoofs Legoland)

Epcot

Efcot

Magic Kingdom

Disney's California Adventure

Diz-Nee Land

Duff Gardens (spoofs Busch Gardens)

Praiseland (spoofs Holyland Experience)

Itchy & Scratchy Land and Euro Itchy & Scratchy Land

etc.

:lmao: Holy freakin' God that's hilarious. I don't even know what to say. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Matt Groening has been to a few ACE events. He's had to have at least watched his fair share of Travel Channel specials. That's too awesome.

While in no way taking credit for the 'jab' in the Simpsons, I have to say I *wonder* if my constant coaster enthusiasm around the writing and producing staff of the show during my long two year stint at Fox in some way contributed to them noticing our little coaster community. The timing would be about right, since it takes around 18 months to make an episode. I quite vocally spoke about "ACEers" and the general uniqueness of theme park fans in general, and am totally guilty as being one myself. (I even got totally made fun of by some of the staff at the 'weirdness' of flying somewhere just to ride a unique coaster.) I know my constant unflattering conversations about Disney’s California Adventure did actually make it on the show (twice I believe), but the Simpsons’ writing staff also has a particular fondness for ripping Disney Parks in general.

Next time I'm on the lot, I'll have to drop by the Simpsons hangout and ask a few folks, but if I actually influenced an episode in some way I'm so geeked out now with excitement! Even if it's a happy coincidence, this *REALLY* made my day...

And, to answer the quoted text, Matt isn't a member of ACE (that I know of, at least) but is most certainly a *HUGE* theme park enthusiast... less of the coasters... I think... then more of the general quirky Americana parts of them. As you could probably imagine, he's a pretty hip dude.

• 3 months later...