TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Here's a few more images if Mean Streak from Friday. Looks like most of the lift hill and the overbanked turn over the lift is gone.

It's Frankenstreak...

They chopped the *bleep* out of it!! Can't see this taking 19 months to complete #team2017

Maybe it a launch coaster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a few more images if Mean Streak from Friday. Looks like most of the lift hill and the overbanked turn over the lift is gone.

It's Frankenstreak...

They chopped the *bleep* out of it!! Can't see this taking 19 months to complete #team2017

Maybe it a launch coaster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sort of wondering the same thing

For the next time anyone says Cedar Point is running out of room, refer to this very moment when there are three independent areas of major construction that are all capable of housing major attractions.

If you remove things of course you have space. They have little space to just add.

Edited by eugjackson

Yeah, but I think the point is, you have to remove things in order to get space at Cedar Point. The park ditched the SkyCoaster, Mean Streak, and Shoot the Rapids for more rides. BTW, I have a gut feeling that in 2020, for the park's 150th anniversary, they're putting something big into the Shoot the Rapids location. RMC Mean Streak is probably coming in within 1 or 2 years, and a slide complex is replacing SkyCoaster, so the STR space is the ideal location for a big 2020 project. Ideas, anyone?

Imagine if they replaced the wooden lift with a Goliath/Skyrush style structure to reduce carpentery costs/upkeep.

No thank you. Even if it isn't technically a wooden coaster, I want it to look like one.

And if they were doing that don't think they would be carefully removing the track, they would just tear the whole thing down.

Imagine if they replaced the wooden lift with a Goliath/Skyrush style structure to reduce carpentery costs/upkeep.

No thank you. Even if it isn't technically a wooden coaster, I want it to look like one.

I'm sorry but those steel lift hills on wooden coasters (Goliath, Wildfire) are f*gly.

I'm sorry but those steel lift hills on wooden coasters (Goliath, Wildfire) are f*gly.

I think the only purpose it serves on Wildfire is for easier disassembly.

I'm sorry that was far too soon

I think the only purpose it serves on Wildfire is for easier disassembly.

I'm sorry that was far too soon

unnamed-111.gif.b34ae5a256ec74f534c4b64660326ba5.gif

It's a good thing there's a difference between opinion and fact. I think they look cool.

It's not like appearance changes the ride experience anyways lol.

Edited by Cj1990

It's a good thing there's a difference between opinion and fact. I think they look cool.

Good for you lol

Feeling bummed.....

Been on magnum several times this summer in the rain, and now there is barley a sprinkle and it's closed down. Been a tradition to get the last ride of the season on magnum for years now.

Crossing fingers it reopens before the park closes in 25 min.