TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M question

Okay so I rode my first 2 B&M's which have this little drop before the first drop (Superman - Attracion de Acero and Batman - La Fuga). Now when you sit in the last row, you have the feeling the train stops when you went down that little hill, but then you're pulled down the big drop. You don't have this feeling in the front rows.

I thought about this but could't find an answer. So how is this feeling created?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're in the front seat going over this little hump, you're still engaged on the lift, in the back seat, you're basically thrown off of the lift at this point feeling like you have some extra speed. Don't kno whow it would feel like stopping, I feel a difference in ride from front to back seats but not THAT particular feeling you described.

I think the lack of the pre-drop is one of the few redeeming qualities on Hydra (along with the Jojo roll and the second little hop after the cobra roll). It gives great airtime in the back row. I much prefer B&Ms when they don't have it. Not that it ruins the ride. It works really well on inverts, Raging Bull, and Apollo's Chariot. But you get a more interesting drop in the back without it (again, if it's a straight drop - the lack of it on any invert would be useless).

I'm definitely pro-pre-drop, when it comes to B&Ms.

I'm curious, though about the bottom of AC's first drop, the way it totally flattens out (as does the drop in the same area on the return). Is there a reason behind this? And are any other B&M's built this way?

I'm definitely pro-pre-drop, when it comes to B&Ms.

I'm curious, though about the bottom of AC's first drop, the way it totally flattens out (as does the drop in the same area on the return). Is there a reason behind this? And are any other B&M's built this way?

I think it's so they could use the River better. Give you that feeling of flying sort of.

I alwyas have the feeling on Medusa Back row. The sudden acceleration the stopping then being whipped forward again always makes me sick.

On B&Ms the Pre-drop is good for loopers but on there megas it just doesn't seem right. I like how on Nitro you just leave the lift and start speeding down! airitme all the way down!

I alwyas have the feeling on Medusa Back row. The sudden acceleration the stopping then being whipped forward again always makes me sick.

On B&Ms the Pre-drop is good for loopers but on there megas it just doesn't seem right. I like how on Nitro you just leave the lift and start speeding down! airitme all the way down!

I really liked the predrop on Raging Bull, it was muy divertido.

The pre drop isn't just to make it so that the train isn't 1/4 way down the hill before the other part is off the lift, it reduces a LOT of tension on the chain, which means that they'll have to replace it a lot less often.

Andrew "Just thought I'd put my two bits of advice in" C.