TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sooperdooperlooper?

I went to Hersheypark yesterday and it was closed. While inline for a ride I got talking to a girl behind me and she said she worked in that area and that it has been closed alot in the past 2 months. I read a few trip reports and it was closed in a few of the reports also.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screamscape has a little blurb on it being closed, as well.

(8/22/06 We’ve heard from a couple of readers that SooperDooperLooper is currently closed for an unknown amount of time due to some kind of technical problem. Anyone know more?

It's probably takes awhile for them to get a rarely needed spare part or something.. I really doubt they'd take it out..

But.. I would really like to see a Goliath'ish coaster run down the creek towards Chocolate World and back.. Hmmm.. would be better than the massive amounts of plastic/playskool looking water rides they are putting smack dab in the middle of the once nice looking Midway America.

I sure hope not. that ride is a classic!

Plus it is a lot of Kids first "Big" coaster in the PA. It is always fun seeing little kids think it is the greatest ride ever and they ride it all day.

JEFF

I hope not either, it's one of the only coasters around that goes upside down that my daughter can ride. I think it's like 42"(Hershey bar). It is a great coaster for someone who wants to try a coaster with a loop. Plus there is no OTSR...it's still lapbars.

It's probably takes awhile for them to get a rarely needed spare part or something.. I really doubt they'd take it out..

But.. I would really like to see a Goliath'ish coaster run down the creek towards Chocolate World and back.. Hmmm.. would be better than the massive amounts of plastic/playskool looking water rides they are putting smack dab in the middle of the once nice looking Midway America.

I think the water rides actually make a bigger difference in the GP's perception. Having family near Michigan's Adventure, many locals buy season passes just to hang out in the waterpark. Add in tube rental, sunscreen sales, and others and a waterpark is a good addition to any park. It also can keep people in the park longer, because when people get too hot in the rides park, they can go to the waterpark to keep cool during the hotter part of the day.

-James Dillaman

I think the water rides actually make a bigger difference in the GP's perception. Having family near Michigan's Adventure, many locals buy season passes just to hang out in the waterpark. Add in tube rental, sunscreen sales, and others and a waterpark is a good addition to any park. It also can keep people in the park longer, because when people get too hot in the rides park, they can go to the waterpark to keep cool during the hotter part of the day.

-James Dillaman

It also establishes a continious water area in the park, you have this "Dry Zone" between the spashdown ride and the rollersoaker area, now it will be all water in that area. It makes a lot of sense to do it that way. I'm kinda sad to see the tinkertoy zone in Midway America but with the parks centenial next year they had to do something big, one ride would not be enough.