TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I think that photo might be a teaser I'm stopping by the park for a few hours I really think your going to see a water park expansion Excalibur closing maybe that will be replaced by a giant frisbee included with the water park expansion. I did speak with the GM last week mentioned about adding a frisbee he told me that they are working on something for 2018.

So we could get the frisbee the same year?

I stopped by the park this morning for a few hours. I noticed when I rode Renegade you can see it from the top of the lift hill there are two new orange flags just to the right were the enterprise is sitting down in the employee parking lot. Can anyone else confirm this? Any photos? Those flags weren't there last night when I was on Renegade with Mike. Orange flags are survey markers?I'm going to Cedar Point staying at Hotel Breakers for a week this Sunday and Kings Island so I won't be at the park for 2 week's.

What one do u think is more likely in 2018? A frisbee or a boomerang

I have no idea. But, using the same visual aid I did before, but with maXair from CP, a frisbee could fit in a lot of places.

That frisbee looks way undersized. Valleyfair would definitely get a larger model and that does not look to size.

That frisbee looks way undersized. Valleyfair would definitely get a larger model and that does not look to size.

I used Google Earth images of CP and VF taken at the same eye altitude above ground in order to get the scale correct. That is maXair's actual size if it were placed in VF. Below is a composite of VF, CP, and CW, all taken from 17,335 feet above.

Composite-of-CP-CW-and-VF.thumb.jpg.0f2c16562c6787ec1a6b0a9420e46b94.jpg

From left: Valleyfair, Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland (to scale)

Edited by Drbcoaster

I would like to see a size like Max Air or Black Widow like at Kennywood that would fit perfectly and the ideal spot would be in Rip Tids location right next to Xtreme Swing and Power Tower. If Excalibur were to close I wouldn't mind seeing a huge frisbee to replace Excalibur. I would be happy if all we got was a frisbee for 2018 and I think it would be a crowd favorite.

I used Google Earth images of CP and VF taken at the same eye altitude above ground in order to get the scale correct. That is maXair's actual size if it were placed in VF. Below is a composite of VF, CP, and CW, all taken from 17,335 feet above.

Jeez, I otta' get my eyes checked. I've only been on maXair a couple times, sorry. I thought it would be bigger on maps lol

Jeez, I otta' get my eyes checked. I've only been on maXair a couple times, sorry. I thought it would be bigger on maps lol

No need for an eye exam. It's a big ride - but the size is mostly about height and the swing of the pendulum. As far as its footprint, it's surprisingly small.

Unfortunately, a HUSS giant Frisbee hasn't been built in this country since 2005, (I wish I knew why) so we have I think 4 Zamperlas (3 six flags and kennywood) here now and 2 Mondials (KD and Can Wonderland), so both of those models are slightly smaller than the HUSS ones, with the Mondial being the smallest of the 3. With the continuing relationship with Mondial, I would think that would be the best contender for a giant frisbee. I just don't think that will be the next ride, personally.

I'm reposting Donomike05's pictures. So can somebody circle on the google earth of where this all is?

I see you got a shot of the Knotts Riptide gondola.

1836725696_ScreenShot2017-06-17at9_50_28PM.thumb.png.7e21067c8d09af1322ad0831c67b520f.png

photo by Donomike05

628376132_ScreenShot2017-06-17at9_50_59PM.thumb.png.c35c8d6be1d172ddeef5e2148502fa98.png

photo by Donomike05

129034670_ScreenShot2017-06-17at9_51_25PM.thumb.png.9b71128cf6e10d270912e8896791233d.png

photo by Donomike05

I have a friend in rides who works riptide and he says they are lucky if it only closes once a day. What happens is the arms become kind of off-set a tiny bit and it just shuts down the entire system and they wait and get it back up and running.

Why would they put knotts berry farms riptide at valleyfair?

They are using it for parts.

Wdym by parts?

In a similar fashion that humans can donate organs after death, the ride gets torn apart until maintenance finds the part(s) they need to make the ride less of a The remainder is waiting to either donate parts or get shipped to a scrapheap.

Why would they put knotts berry farms riptide at valleyfair?

They are using it for parts.

Wdym by parts?

They will use parts of Knott's Riptide when parts on the one already at Valleyfair wear out and need replacing. This is quite common in the amusement park industry when a park closes a ride and no longer needs it.