TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think he was trying to make a joke, but it wasn't very funny because I'm from Kentucky and my June 27th visit to the park will probably be the only one I make...ever. So there's that.

I think he was trying to make a joke, but it wasn't very funny because I'm from Kentucky and my June 27th visit to the park will probably be the only one I make...ever. So there's that.

I'm there that week as well, through the 28th. I would assume it would be a good idea to stay away from SFMM on the 27th then? I'll probably try to go on the 25th and/or the 26th then. Is there any chance of a LL:DOD season pass holder preview on the 28th?

Finally went to the park yesterday (after a couple years). What a difference it was, to say the least. It was quite busy (kids out for summer in other areas). The crowds mid-morning at the entrance was a nightmare (figured alot of disarray amongst groups entering the park methinks). Once in, the lines for the rides at the front of the park meant 1 hour (or more) wait. We went straight for Tatsu (since there was an hour wait for Revolution (never saw that in 30 years of going to the park). Only took about 45 minutes to ride. Then we went to Apocolypse, Gold Rusher. Took a break to eat & then Jet Stream, Riddler's Revenge (by this time the lines started to fizz down- it was around 4). Went to the front of the park to activate my season pass (passing the remnance of Log Jammer (so sad to see that it's gone), went to Revolution (line was a walk-on at this point of the day and then made the mistake of going on Roaring Rapids (it was still quite warm out, so we thought a it would be a nice cool-off). OMG! We got completely soaked. I forgot about how wet you get. Much moreso than say, Grizzly River Run at DCA. We then went to tackle Green Lantern... Whoa! I have been a big fan of X2 myself, so I thought this would be childs play. Completely freaked us out!!! I actually had to close my eyes at one point. Never happened on a thrill ride in my entire life. We ended the day with Goliath. Good times!

^^Sounds like a good day! How long did you have to wait for Green Lantern, X2, and Goliath? I'm just trying to plan for my trip on Thursday. And that's strange that it was so busy! It was one of the deadest days I have ever seen last Wednesday.

We didn't go on X2 (my friend is terrified of it, but after surviving Green Lantern, she said next time we can tackle that fear for her). Green Latern was a 45 minute wait at 4 PM, not bad IMO for a new ride. Goliath was about 30-40 minutes. Have fun on Thursday! Just be prepared for discombobulated crowds, since summer crowds have officially begun.

I will be heading to SFMM or SFHH around 3pm (tues) ... anyone up for a walk around the park? ... or if you need a picture of something like a fried twinkie or soda cup let me know ... just no shots of LLDOD as I'm just using my IPhone and not such great shots

Not to quote myself ... but ...

Media Day for LL:DOD is NOT the 27th.

I think the confusion came from people hearing the 2013 announcement on the 27th, and then me saying that would be good timing because they could talk about it more with media 2 days later at media day. I think people got confused and thought I was saying that everything was the same day one the 27th.

So just to be clear for everyone, Media day is not on the 27th, extremely slim chance an announcement will be made on the 27th... maybe, don't hold your breath.

^Yes, my confusion definitely stemmed from a combination of your inferences and Gregg's use of the tongue-wagging-smiley-face. So I officially hate you both for life.

^Yes, my confusion definitely stemmed from a combination of your inferences and Gregg's use of the tongue-wagging-smiley-face. So I officially hate you both for life.

I'm... ok with that. My mission in life is to inspire hate. Muahahaha, mission acomplished.

When is media day for Lex? Are they doing it the morning of the 30th, or the day before on the 29th? I've just been assuming they are going to do the 29th and maybe a season pass preview after like SFA did for Apocalypse and SFDK is doing for Superman. But SFMM like to be a rebel so I don't know.