TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

"I don't find anything fun about Mulholland at all!" (Calicoasters)

That's OK, to each his own.

The end of November will come soon enough; it's only, what, three weeks away? Even though I post here fairly often, I don't spend much time thinking about this when I'm not logged on here.

Eric

"...like having a machine randomly toss snakes in the cars" (coasterking2981)

Good idea; and throw some tarantulas in as a bonus.

Eric

Yes. And it'll be called:

Snakes and Tarantulas on a Family Coaster. And instead of having onboard audio, there will be randomly placed speakers with Samual Jackson saying, "I've had it with these *bleep* snakes and tarantulas on this *bleep* coaster!"

All joking aside, I'm just asking this for the sake of asking it, but might the new coaster be themed to one of 2010's movies (once again, without onboard audio or fire involved)?

^It's on the park's website. Under all the rides that are currently closed Scream! Roaring Rapids, Tidal Wave, ect... Goliath is the only one that is listed for painting.

Wow, thanks for that info. Haha, I never even knew they listed ride closures on their website. If that's new, then great job Six Flags! I just wish, as it has already been said, that they had a better way of doing it. Maybe where they list the hours of operation, they can also list what rides are currently down?

I think it's great the Goliath is getting a fresh coat of paint. I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Regarding the new coaster, I hope it's not a clone. But if it is, I just don't want it to have the same name as another coaster in the chain.

For what it's worth, when I was a kid back in the '80s, we would visit Magic Mountain more often than Disneyland (or even Knotts), even though we live in Orange County.

Sure, but Magic Mountain was awesome in the 80's.

/Then again, so was Knott's.

Yeah, it was fun back in the '80's. At least the part I can remember. But I think price was also a factor, being in a family of 6. And I am sure my dad and older siblings were much bigger fans of the rides Magic Mountain offered over the ones Disneyland did.

Regarding the new coaster, I hope it's not a clone. But if it is, I just don't want it to have the same name as another coaster in the chain.

I guess its fair to say it wont be an exact clone of any ride, depending upon where around Terminator and Deja Vu the new ride goes. For the record, could any cloned ride fit between that banked turn on Ninja and Deja Vu?

Calicoasters: Where on the website does it say what rides are down?

You have to individually click on each ride to find out it's status. Terminator Salvation The Ride is the only one with a NOW OPEN! Status.

I think it's funny how Knott's Website says Xcelerator is down until the 18th of December.

I was at SFMM over the weekend. Goliath is still pretty early in the painting process. They were pressure washing the portion just after the MCBR, and only about half of the track was sandblasted at the joints and such. Which come to think of it, do they really sandblast it or do they just primer over the spots?

And Scream was down, but seems like no one knows exactly why. The park was pretty busy Saturday, but Sunday was pretty dead, we waited no more than 20 mins for almost every coaster.

Anyone know how are the crowds usually on Veteran's day at the park? I'm heading out there Wednesday with some family and I was wondering how crowded it usually gets for that holiday?

Crowds will be light.