TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^Don't be silly everything you read on the internet is 100% true!

I doubt they will be putting in anything next year besides the new Tony Hawk's Big Spehhn... I mean Roller Coaster. 2011 is sure to be a big year though

^I agree. I believe the gyro drop would have better capacity than our fabled spinning mouse ride. My experience with mouse rides in major theme parks has always been one with a very slow moving line. I mean, even at the county fair, the spinning mouse line is over an hour long every year.

Chris.

A good drop tower would work well at SFMM, especially something like Acrophobia because of its capacity. It'd be cool if somehow Intamin could design something with half standing/half seated riders.

Diana is out at SFMM as I write this, and she says it's not crowded at all.

Eric

There's actually a lot of different places that they could put such a drop ride... if it were me, I would probably put it on top of the hill though... like where the current Samurai Summit bathroom is. Move those restrooms across the way into the Laughing Dragon building (like it's ever open anyway).

This would drastically alter the skyline and, for that matter, would add a whole new level to the ride considering it would be up on top of the hill. Thus, it would increase the height factor.

I think where thrill shot is would be a good location because of its size, however I dont think it should go there. I think the perfect place for a drop tower would be on the mountain but excavate down about 30 to 40 feet so your droping down into a hole. The mountains hight would give it an illusion its taller than what it really is and the drop down into a hole would be a very cool effect!

-Brandon

The problem is is that there isnt too much room to place a drop tower up there, I just don't see enough space for the area it takes up (especially if it were a gyro drop) and the queue for it.

I did notice that there is a lot of space where Terminator's staging area for construction was though

^^That would be a cool idea but as Atem said not much room. As for taking out an upcharge attraction I would take out Thrill Shot over Dive Devil. Dive Devil seems to have peple on it whenever I go but Thrill Shot is either not operating or empty.

Andrew "I love Dive Devil" Iorio

Phew. Been at the park all day today and yesterday. Still getting used to the US timezone, got so distracted that I forgot to eat 'til about 6pm yesterday

Nothing was closed (except for Thrill Shot, which was either empty or closed) and I managed to get on everything I wanted so far. Still haven't been to Tatsu, X2 or Viper. I'm gonna go back later tonight to get a ride on them, and maybe a re-ride on Riddler's and Goliath.

Terminator was pretty much the only ride so far with a real wait, I think we waited around 40 minutes. A girl collapsed in the queue, and medic guys ended up taking her out :/

Overall, the park is awesome. Plenty to do and see, and those queue misters are a godsend. My only complaint is the ride ops. Goliath, Riddler's and Batman were all being consistently stacked, and from the Terminator queue it looked like Tatsu was taking ages to dispatch.

Aside from that, I'm impressed. I was prepared for the worst, (having spent the last year reading about SFMM on the internet ) but it was fine.

Anyone tried that Oxygen Spa stall near Bugs Bunny World? It was... interesting.