TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How crowded are weekends in November? I will be going either the 2nd or the 9th for the first time, any tips?
Sundays are pretty light and November is generally good cause its after Fright Fest and before Holiday In The Park.. but those are both Saturdays. Saturdays are always the busiest days relative to the rest of the week barring special events or holidays.

Another question. Are you able to bring a chain wallet into the parks (not a huge chain, but a small one)?

For me it was a no. I had a small chain last year for mine because I always lose the stupid thing, and they wouldn't let me in with it.

Thanks. That's good to know. I didn't see it on the rules on their website, but knowing Six Flags, I figured I should ask. I was thinking about bring a, god forbid, a fanny pack. I know, I know--totally lame. I was thinking since I don't want to lug my purse around and pay $20-30 to rent a stupid locker, since wearing a small fanny pack I would wear it on the rides with me. Has anyone had any issues where the rider operators wouldn't allow you to wear your fanny pack on the ride?

If you leave to go down the road to eat do you have to pay to park again? Or is all of the aforementioned restaraunts in walking distance?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't want to walk to BFE, but at the same time, I don't want to drive my car to find an alternative place to eat, go back to try to find parking.

And now there is a Big Wangs just down the street for some decent wings!

Big Wangs is best on Wednesdays when its "Wing Wednesday" and Wings are only a quarter.

Other times its best since its next to Lady Di's or Fatburger or the most generous portion Panda Express in the world.

How crowded are weekends in November? I will be going either the 2nd or the 9th for the first time, any tips?

A simple Google search for Six Flag's Magic Mountain November 09, 2013 or the 2nd shows 3 events on the 2nd and 1 event on the 9th. The one on the 9th I've heard legend stories about that seem to grow and grow each year.

No idea how many show to the schd events but plan on temps in the low 50's.

A simple Google search for Six Flag's Magic Mountain November 09, 2013 or the 2nd shows 3 events on the 2nd and 1 event on the 9th. The one on the 9th I've heard legend stories about that seem to grow and grow each year.

No idea how many show to the schd events but plan on temps in the low 50's.

Yea, the event on the 9th is pretty darn bad. It's "Fall Rally" for Key Club, which is a world-wide service organization. The local groups, including some that travel from Nevada (and I think like one from Hawaii) all come to the park and have a giant rally in the outdoor theater. I went in high school with my school's group, it's the most packed I've ever seen Magic Mountain.

Still waited only 10 minutes for Scream though.

^ Its actually not usually a problem. There are a lot of people that leave for lunch or just go in the morning and leave..every time Ive gone out for lunch Ive gotten a closer parking spot upon return

Oh, I wasn't sure because of Labor Day weekend.

^^ OMG Yes avoid the park on 11/9 at all costs if that's Key Club Fall Rally Day..that is absolutely the craziest busiest day of the entire year. Weird, I thought they usually do that earlier.

Looking closer 11/2 is a bad one too as it's Catholic Teen Day, which doesnt sound bad until you read the part that says it brings "thousands" of teens to the park. I would avoid both of those days but especially 11/9..Key Club day is pure hell unless you're actually in Key Club.

The really hellish thing is that it's not listed on the official events page..if you don't know to check for it you could easily end up there that day on accident. When someone tells me they ended up at SFMM (or SFDK) on KC Day my reaction is the same as though they told me a relative had died I'm like "Oh, I'm so sorry...is there anything I can do?" lol

Another question. Are you able to bring a chain wallet into the parks (not a huge chain, but a small one)?

For me it was a no. I had a small chain last year for mine because I always lose the stupid thing, and they wouldn't let me in with it.

Thanks. That's good to know. I didn't see it on the rules on their website, but knowing Six Flags, I figured I should ask. I was thinking about bring a, god forbid, a fanny pack. I know, I know--totally lame. I was thinking since I don't want to lug my purse around and pay $20-30 to rent a stupid fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, since wearing a small fanny pack I would wear it on the rides with me. Has anyone had any issues where the rider operators wouldn't allow you to wear your fanny pack on the ride?

When I was there is 2010 I was not allowed to wear a fanny pack on rides. Due to peer pressure I retired the fanny pack and just stuff everything I carry into cargo shorts pockets now instead of using a locker.

I dont care if it looks stupid or not, I'm all about the fanny pack! Its convenient, and your pants dont have to be weighed down. SFStL has lockers you can rent for a few hours for $1, so as long as that stays around, I'm sticking with my handy dandy fanny pack.

Thanks. That's good to know. I didn't see it on the rules on their website, but knowing Six Flags, I figured I should ask. I was thinking about bring a, god forbid, a fanny pack. I know, I know--totally lame. I was thinking since I don't want to lug my purse around and pay $20-30 to rent a stupid fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, since wearing a small fanny pack I would wear it on the rides with me. Has anyone had any issues where the rider operators wouldn't allow you to wear your fanny pack on the ride?

When I was there is 2010 I was not allowed to wear a fanny pack on rides. Due to peer pressure I retired the fanny pack and just stuff everything I carry into cargo shorts pockets now instead of using a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

I dont care if it looks stupid or not, I'm all about the fanny pack! Its convenient, and your pants dont have to be weighed down. SFStL has fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo you can rent for a few hours for $1, so as long as that stays around, I'm sticking with my handy dandy fanny pack.

That sucks that the park will not allow you to wear them on rides. As long as it doesn't affect the ride restraints.

Sling bag! I always use a sling bag when I go to amusement parks.

I'm trying to avoid bringing any bags because I don't want to deal with paying $20-30 on a locker. You would think that the parks would allow fanny packs.

Edited by Jello_Biafra

So I'm hoping to head for the park for a couple of hours tomorrow (Friday) evening after I get off work. How busy should I expect it to be? Are there any specific coasters that are better at night or that I would be wise to hit due to lower lines than I can expect to see Saturday?

Also, what's the recommended riding location for X2? (front/back/middle?, inside/outside?) How about Full Throttle? Any other coasters with highly recommended riding positions (or positions to strongly avoid)?

Thanks!