TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That could be a sign of improvement though. At least they're running both stations now. It might not last, but you never know...

Even if its only temporary... better than nothing.

That's ok, but at some point they're going to have to clean up their act, or the park is going to be so filthy and poorly run that people may stop coming, but that probably won't be for a while.

That could be a sign of improvement though. At least they're running both stations now. It might not last, but you never know...

That's ok, but at some point they're going to have to clean up their act, or the park is going to be so filthy and poorly run that people may stop coming, but that probably won't be for a while.

GP will still go. I mean look at their last coaster, promoted as YOLO

GP will still go. I mean look at their last coaster, promoted as YOLO

Yes, but there will be a point where it's so nasty and poorly run that the GP will find it to be unenjoyable. It's not happening anytime soon, though.

^^Most dual station coasters operate on the same principal of 1 block for the station. Exception would be Mr. Freeze coasters @ SFOT and SFStL.

Wouldn't it be considered two blocks since each side of the station has it's own brakes?

^^ It's 2 blocks only in the sense that each station can hold a train however Tatsu's track only has 4 blocks "programmed" into its PLC.

1 - Station

2 - Lift

3 - Block Brake

4 - Transfer (Station approach)

Same principal is used at California Screamin' in DCA and BTMR in Disneyland.

^^ It's 2 blocks only in the sense that each station can hold a train however Tatsu's track only has 4 blocks "programmed" into its PLC.

1 - Station

2 - Lift

3 - Block Brake

4 - Transfer (Station approach)

Same principal is used at California Screamin' in DCA and BTMR in Disneyland.

Awesome, that totally makes sense, thanks.

Hello. Long time fan of the YouTube videos, first time poster here. I'm planning on going to Magic Mountain on August 31st and I'm fully aware of how crowded it'll be. We're planning on purchasing the Gold Flash Pass. I've only been to Magic Mountain once and that was probably around four years ago. We'll be at the parks before opening. I'm not sure how we should hit the parks, especially on weekend during a major holiday. I've heard we should head over to X2 first, then grab our Flash Passes. I've tried Googling Touring Plans for hitting this park, but a lot of them is about 3-4 years behind. Could someone please provide any advice/tips/touring expertise that could guide us to the right direction?

Hello. Long time fan of the YouTube videos, first time poster here. I'm planning on going to Magic Mountain on August 31st and I'm fully aware of how crowded it'll be. We're planning on purchasing the Gold Flash Pass. I've only been to Magic Mountain once and that was probably around four years ago. We'll be at the parks before opening. I'm not sure how we should hit the parks, especially on weekend during a major holiday. I've heard we should head over to X2 first, then grab our Flash Passes. I've tried Googling Touring Plans for hitting this park, but a lot of them is about 3-4 years behind. Could someone please provide any advice/tips/touring expertise that could guide us to the right direction?

Going to X2 first is a good idea, it tends to get a long line VERY quickly. Back a few years ago, you could easily do the park in a circle, starting X2, then to Tatsu, then to Superman, and then do everything in the back until you make it to Goliath. But the additions of Drop of Doom and Full throttle messed that up, since they can also get lengthy lines fairly quickly. So I would suggest doing X2 and Full Throttle first, and then get your Flash pass, since those 2 are only on the platinum pass and cost extra to add.

Going to X2 first is a good idea, it tends to get a long line VERY quickly. Back a few years ago, you could easily do the park in a circle, starting X2, then to Tatsu, then to Superman, and then do everything in the back until you make it to Goliath. But the additions of Drop of Doom and YOLOcoaster messed that up, since they can also get lengthy lines fairly quickly. So I would suggest doing X2 and YOLOcoaster first, and then get your Flash pass, since those 2 are only on the platinum pass and cost extra to add.

Yolocoaster is also called FT, right? Or am I missing something.

Edited by Jello_Biafra

Going to X2 first is a good idea, it tends to get a long line VERY quickly. Back a few years ago, you could easily do the park in a circle, starting X2, then to Tatsu, then to Superman, and then do everything in the back until you make it to Goliath. But the additions of Drop of Doom and YOLOcoaster messed that up, since they can also get lengthy lines fairly quickly. So I would suggest doing X2 and YOLOcoaster first, and then get your Flash pass, since those 2 are only on the platinum pass and cost extra to add.

Yolocoaster is also called YOLOcoaster, right? Or am I missing something.

Yeah it is, this thread has filter that turns name "FT" into "Yolocoaster".

Thought something like it. Thank you again for the quick response and the helpful hints. Just curious, why is it called Yolocoaster?

Thought something like it. Thank you again for the quick response and the helpful hints. Just curious, why is it called Yolocoaster?

Back when the park announced the ride, there was little pop-up in the beginning of the trailer video that read "You only live once", take a look!

Edited by Andrewoplis

Back when the park announced the ride, there was little pop-up in the beginning of the trailer video that read "You only live once", take a look!

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue