TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Awesome pictures! Magic Mountian really looks like they know how to throw a press event. I need to get myself to Magic Mountian ASAP! Maybe I should take a second job for coaster money... Ride is looking too good, the new paint was a huge improvement as far as looks go.

Great stuff you guys. It was good seeing you both for a bit today. Did anybody ever figure out who the announcer guy was?

On the same note, was this Bonnie Rabjohn's first public appearance?

I'm very unimpressed with Bonnie. She is just the polar opposite of Jay IMO. She didn't mingle with the crowd of us "coaster freaks." Did anyone notice she wasn't wearing an name tag??? I guess she's special...

On a high note, the event was great today. Got a total of 10 rides right up until closing at 2pm. Good free pizza and salad.

Edited by coasternut

The ice podium? Great idea and a lot of effort, but they're not supposed to be outside I've seen dozens of those things where I work and they hardly last when they're indoors, with the AC on, over a bed of ice.

Great report! Those shirts are awesome!

And the ACE pictures? Priceless. Like you said, they just could not have been staged any better than that!

We ran into these freaks after riding...seriously backwards shirts, come on guys pay attention...oh wait, I GET IT!!!

I felt like such an idiot when I couldn't figure out why people were wearing their shirts backwards and inside out. Maybe SFMM is trying to start a new trend? Even more sad is that I worked at a silk-screener for 2 years in HS/College.

They had setup lunch in Laughing Dragon which was awesome to see open! I asked Neal if we could expect to see this location open this summer with the crowds heading to Superman and he told me not likely. =(

I hadn't been in the Laughing Dragon in years, it's very nice inside. I really do wish they would open it.

Hey Robb how come ACE was recognized but not TPR??? You and Alyssa were right near the podium. That's too bad, you guys do a lot for us members. IMO a lot more than ACE.

ACE gave the ride a "10 out of 10" to the press and will only say positive things, will never say anything honest, negative, or constructive about any ride. Some parks out there would rather give recognition to organizations that kiss their asses instead of groups that are honest in their reviews.

I'm fine with this. I'd much rather have our integrity and not sell out and be fake to get recognition during a presentation.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^Come on, Robb, we all know rides like Son of Beast are a smashing success and a thrill to be on! But let's not forget epic creations such as Windjammer, that was truly a spectacular piece of coaster engineering! And Rattler! Oh boy! Rattler is such a marvel to look at and ride, the giant helix on the cliff delivers an intense and hair-raising ride to be remembered for years to come!!!!

Ok, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

^ And with that I'm sure you can see why I'd rather keep my integrity than to sell out to be recognized at parks during a presentation. Here's the reality - I don't care if parks recognize us...I care if our MEMBERS recognize us. I don't do the events, the trips, the videos, the updates, etc, for the PARKS...I do them for the website and for our members.

^ And with that I'm sure you can see why I'd rather keep my integrity than to sell out to be recognized at parks during a presentation. Here's the reality - I don't care if parks recognize us...I care if our MEMBERS recognize us. I don't do the events, the trips, the videos, the updates, etc, for the PARKS...I do them for the website and for our members.

You do a great job there buddy. It's too bad Bonnie couldn't recognize TPR. Again another point that doesn't impress me about her.

Hey Robb how come ACE was recognized but not TPR??? You and Alyssa were right near the podium. That's too bad, you guys do a lot for us members. IMO a lot more than ACE.

Imagine how many Anti TPR fanboys would even have more hate towards TPR if they saw TPR get mentioned/recognized at the media event...followed by false rumors that they paid for their recognition.

Back to Superman: Escape from Confetti, now this ride looks promising. I mentioned before that I was let down completely when I rode it in 2001. It seemed like we only made it halfway up the tower, only 1 side worked and the overall experience was 'meh' which made me glad I only waited 15 or so minutes for it. I'm sure it's not the best experience ever but it looks like a ton more worth riding now than it was... as long as the Discovery Channel doesn't get a hold of the ride again and over hype it like they did in the past.

There should be races against ACE members and TPR members! Wait no... that wouldn't be fair. Great Report! Im trying my hardest not to watch pov's of the ride so I can be completely surprised on WCB!

Well, honestly, think about a POV for Superman.. it would be, well, backwards. There wouldn't be any point to it until it shows the descent into the station.

From what I've seen on youtube videos and local news videos, it looks like a pretty awesome launch! If there's not too much craziness during the regular operating hours at WCB, I might try to catch a ride on it.

But then again.. so much to do, so little time.. X2 has been calling my name for a long time now.

ACE gave the ride a "10 out of 10" to the press and will only say positive things, will never say anything honest, negative, or constructive about any ride. Some parks out there would rather give recognition to organizations that kiss their asses instead of groups that are honest in their reviews.

I'm fine with this. I'd much rather have our integrity and not sell out and be fake to get recognition during a presentation.

--Robb

Good for you Robb! Stick it to the man screw ACE.We tell truths about rides hey and maybe we will get interviewed for Green Lantern Press Release.

One last thing I noticed today leaving the Mountain after the media day event. The crane with grinder and welder were at Goliath on the lift hill. They've moved off of X2. I guess they're putting finishing touches on all the rides in preparation for the season to begin.

Wow wow wow, i haven't kept up with Magic since last year and had no clue about what was going on. The last few days i have been catching up with this thread thinking "I wonder what's new this year? A few trash cans? New show? Fix up the kiddie area?"

Green Lantern is going to be great! Sierra Sidewinder is higher on my list than it should be simply because it spins! Make a ride spin and it's instantly 10X better! Maybe this should be called "the X effect"?

At first i thought the new Superman color scheme would be hideous, but it actually looks pretty slick, hats off to SFMM

I'm sure i have ridden S:TE at 100 before, but it was so long ago i don't remember what it was like! Can't Wait for WCB!

I feel sorry for the ACErs! Every time i say "Man they can't be that bad, just stereotyping" and every time i cringe when you see a picture Was one of them wearing a cape? *facepalm*

Yeah, I kind of had to laugh a bit at the sky writing. It's so windy today none of us could figure out what it said. Their facebook page says it was: Ride Superman sdarwkcab

Maybe it was just practice for tomorrow, cause or else it was a big waste of time and money.

They were also writing over Disneyland and Knotts yesterday.

Sierra Sidewinder is higher on my list than it should be simply because it spins! Make a ride spin and it's instantly 10X better!

I agree - it's basically a kiddy coaster, but it has an adult element.

I am wondering how extreme GL will be.. it's not a controlled spin like X2 so I'm guessing it will be a crazy ride!

Yeah, I kind of had to laugh a bit at the sky writing. It's so windy today none of us could figure out what it said. Their facebook page says it was: Ride Superman sdarwkcab

Maybe it was just practice for tomorrow, cause or else it was a big waste of time and money.

They were also writing over Disneyland and Knotts yesterday.

Awesome!! I commend SFMM on their efforts to expose the new Superman - the skywritings, technical rehearsals, press events, and segments on news channels (I've seen two already!).

Sure, you'll never win-over the die-hard Disney fans (like the ones who wear costumes to the park [true story]), but still.. more visitors = more revenue = possibly more rides in the future! And, regardless of getting new rides or not, more money could potentially result in a better overall experience - (upkeep, etc.).