TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hi, guys,

I was wondering if there were any of you guys going to be at the Job Fair this Saturday?

I just submitted my online application .I have a preference for ride operator/attendant.

Regarding the job fair, is business attire mandatory and is the inperson interview the first of many interviews? What may be asked at the in person interviews?

(Never had a job before so I'm nervous and not sure what to expect).

I think it's always a good idea to go to a job interview in business attire, regardless of the position. It shows your prospective employer that you're serious about working for them. You certainly can't go wrong with at least a shirt and tie and a nice pair of slacks.

And remember a few things too---a nice, firm handshake and good eye contact. And ask questions about the position. They'll know that you are at least interested.

Good luck to you.

Eric

Hi, guys,

I was wondering if there were any of you guys going to be at the Job Fair this Saturday?

I just submitted my online application .I have a preference for ride operator/attendant.

Regarding the job fair, is business attire mandatory and is the inperson interview the first of many interviews? What may be asked at the in person interviews?

(Never had a job before so I'm nervous and not sure what to expect).

I don't work at Magic Mountain but I'm assuming its job fair will be pretty similar to Gadv's job fair. There will be a ton of people in hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, you name it. But like the poster before me said, it's always good to look your best and make a good impression. Be friendly and express interest in the job you applied for, ask questions pertaining to your responsibilities as a ride op. Oh, another important thing to remember is that the job fair will be PACKED. Just be ready to wait, and wait, and wait before you're called.

Gadv was my first job as well and I think my interview last season at lasted a total of 5 minutes. I'm afraid to know how long I was waiting for. I was asked a couple questions relating to the department and asked more basic questions about working as a team, being a leader, why I wanted to work for them, etc. It's pretty simple but don't automatically think you have the job just by showing up. Do your best, be confident, relax and I'm sure you'll be attending a ride in no time. I would say coaster, but don't assume that either.

Thanks for your input, EBL and signaltwo.

I'm definitely going to wear the appropriate attire, just to give a better, great first impression anyway. Really looking forward to getting a job though and I really hope this is the one. I've wanted a job at SF for 3 years now. Finally had free time in my schedule and a summer free to finally do it.

Can't wait to one day be a ride attendant, or an operator at one of the big rides (namely, Goliath, which is my favorite), if realizing it will be possible sometime by the end of the summer.

Can't wait to one day be a ride attendant, or an operator at one of the big rides (namely, Goliath, which is my favorite), if realizing it will be possible sometime by the end of the summer.

It's definitely a different job. You'll probably got trained on at least 3 rides throughout the season if not more. Somehow I managed to only get trained on coasters so it's certainly possibly to only get the "big" rides.

I deserve this job because I'll kill anyone to run three trains without stacking on Tatsu.

I'm sure you'd have fun sprinting all day

TPR members probably aspire to make more than minimum wage with no benefits.

I don't know Joey, trying to find a job in Nevada, the state with the highest unemployment, may have me begging you for a job soon

In the email this afternoon:

Be First to Fly 100 mph, BACKWARDS!

"SNEAK PEEK"

TECHNICAL REHEARSALS

February 19-21

12pm - 5pm

Here's a 2011 Thrill Pass perk just for you! You are invited to be among the first to launch 100 mph BACKWARDS on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton. Technical rehearsals Feb. 19 - 21 from noon - 5pm. Limited capacity, available on first come, first serve basis, weather permitting. (Note: The ride will not operate in the rain; check for updates on Facebook or call Guest Relations at 661-255-4103)

Here's what you do:

• Print this email and bring it with your processed 2011 Thrill Pass, Combo Pass, or Xtreme Thrill Pass

• Check-in for available ride time* in front of SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton

• Launch 100 MPH, BACKWARDS!

GO BIG. GO FIRST.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all us passholders got that email. But its definitely weather permitting. And the only day that looks like its not going to rain this weekend is Monday. I'm waiting to see what the weather is like before I chance driving 2 hours.

I was planning to visit the park this Sunday, so hopefully I can get in! That would be amazing! Hope this doesn't mean that the park will be really crowded during my visit, I was hoping the rain would drive people away.

Facebook post

SFMM likes our FB friends so much, we have a special opportunity just for you. On February 26 & 27, noon - 5pm, with your paid admission (or Thrill Pass), you can attend a "sneak peek" of the technical rehearsal of Superman: Escape from Krypton. That means you can be the first to fly 100mph backwards! Only FB friends who bring a print out of this invite will get to ride. Check-in at the front of the ride. Space will be limited. First come-first served. Sorry we can’t help it if the weather doesn’t cooperate (rain = no sneak peek).

Yeah... I think I will be happy to wait until next month and all us TPRer's can ride it together. If its on facebook the park will be crowded. Depends if my brother wants to go or not though... was also considering a sledding trip this weekend to visit some snow (also a very crowded activity).

I'd only go if I were planning on hitting the park this weekend anyway (I'm not). I certainly wouldn't plan a trip around this unless I lived close. Too many varitables, weather, crowds, unpredictable "new" ride. Could be great, could also be a mess.

I just hope next month, TPR has the ride to ourselves!

In the email this afternoon:

Be First to Fly 100 mph, BACKWARDS!

"SNEAK PEEK"

TECHNICAL REHEARSALS

February 19-21

12pm - 5pm

Here's a 2011 Thrill Pass perk just for you! You are invited to be among the first to launch 100 mph BACKWARDS on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton. Technical rehearsals Feb. 19 - 21 from noon - 5pm. Limited capacity, available on first come, first serve basis, weather permitting. (Note: The ride will not operate in the rain; check for updates on Facebook or call Guest Relations at 661-255-4103)

Here's what you do:

• Print this email and bring it with your processed 2011 Thrill Pass, Combo Pass, or Xtreme Thrill Pass

• Check-in for available ride time* in front of SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton

• Launch 100 MPH, BACKWARDS!

GO BIG. GO FIRST.

I'm a passholder and didn't get this e-mail; can someone who received it, please forward it? Tyrebious@yahoo.com

Thanks!

The Coaster Guy Reported today 2/16/11:

JB's Smokehouse Barbeque Coming To Six Flags Magic Mountain

In 2010, Six Flags Magic Mountain opened up a new restaurant called Longhorn's BBQ. It was actually a second location for a local restaurant that was located in Castaic, CA. It was located in the restaurant building just in front of The Riddler's Revenge, the former home of Eduardo's Grill. I personally never had the chance to eat there, but I heard very good things about it. They had an open smoker they would setup just outside the building and smoke the meat on. The smells were delicious and radiated throughout the area. Unfortunately, Longhorn's went away just about the same time that Six Flags had announced that they were pulling the plug on several licensing deals, but the two events were unrelated. Longhorn's had simply fallen prey to the economy. Here is a notice that they had posted on their website:

We unfortunately have become the latest casualty of the bad economy we have all been facing for the last several years. Although we thought we had left the worst behind us we were unable to reach a workable rent with the landlord.

We want to thank all of you who came out to support us and rang the bell with gusto. We truly enjoyed serving you and letting you guys become familiar with the way we do things down Texas way.

The Longhorn's BBQ branding has been removed from the building, and you can now see the previous Eduardo's Grill name. Here is how the building sits today:

If you walk up to the doors today, you will now see this sign:

JB's Smokehouse Barbeque was a new restaurant for Six Flags that was supposed to be introduced in two parks in 2010: Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Great America. It only opened at Six Flags Over Texas but it was such a huge success that Six Flags decided to roll it out at other parks for 2011. Fortunately for us, it looks like Six Flags Magic Mountain will be one of those parks.

According to the Six Flags Over Texas website, JB's Smokehouse Barbeque offers BBQ sandwiches, burgers, turkey legs, chicken strips, fries, salads, and drinks. It's unclear what the "Blues" refers to in the above sign, but it's probably safe to assume it's the type of music they play. The press release that Six Flags put out last year announcing the debut of JB's said they wanted more than just a restaurant. They also wanted to make it more of a show, so they use outside smokers that allow the guests to watch the meat being prepared. An added bonus, as we already know from Longhorn's BBQ at Magic Mountain, is that the BBQ smell wafts throughout the area, making people hungry and wanting to eat there. I don't know about you, but my mouth is already watering. I can't wait to try it out this summer.

http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/2011/02/16/jbs-smokehouse-barbeque-coming-to-six-flags-magic-mountain/