TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^A tickited event? What's that?

SEFK looks AWSOME so far!

Anyone have an idea how popular SEFK & GL will be compared to X2, Tatsu. Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse?

No one wants to answer my question?

A ticketed event is one that park viewers can attend if they pay for it.

And as atem said, how can we predict it's popularity? Most of the GP will probably end up comparing X2 and GL based on the fact that both rotate, much like much of the GP thought Terminator/Apocalypse was Psyclone remade because both were wood and stood in the same location...

For future reference though, for the most part, there will be a reason why your question goes unanswered. Either nobody knows or you'll find out eventually.

Even though the concept of a rotating car is similar between the Zac-spin and 4th Dimension, I don't think anyone will confuse Green Lantern or X2 any more than Batman and Deja Vu (as both of those are inverted coasters). It is understandable, though, how some people confuse Apocanator (Termilypse?) because they're both wood and about the same color and location.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are a few people out there who'd confuse Goliath and Gold Rusher because both rides start with "G-O-L..."

Eric

^ Brings up a funny story I remembe,r one day in line for Goldrusher these two girls keep saying how they couldn't wait to ride Goliath, well the trains come rollling in and they both look at each other and say this doesn't look anything like what they show on the commercial. I politely say b/c it not the Goliath they show on the commercial, Goliath is the huge ORANGE coster that has the huge letters spelling out Goliath in front of it. How could you miss that? This the Goldrusher family coaster, they both look at me rolls their eyees with evil look and leave the que insearch of a huge orange coaster lol with huge lettesr spelling Goliath in front of it wonder if they ever foud it lol

^

I'm thinking about going out to SFMM this Sunday. It's been awhile and I could use a trip out there. One final viewing of the Terminator pre-shows before the Apocalypse arrives, since most likely I won't get out there till after January 8.

Eric

^^^A tickited event? What's that?

SEFK looks AWSOME so far!

Anyone have an idea how popular SEFK & GL will be compared to X2, Tatsu. Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse?

No one wants to answer my question?

A ticketed event is one that park viewers can attend if they pay for it.

And as atem said, how can we predict it's popularity? Most of the GP will probably end up comparing X2 and GL based on the fact that both rotate, much like much of the GP thought Terminator/Apocalypse was Psyclone remade because both were wood and stood in the same location...

For future reference though, for the most part, there will be a reason why your question goes unanswered. Either nobody knows or you'll find out eventually.

GL willbe the first Me-Spin (My name is Zachary) in the U.S. X2 had HUGE crowds it's opening day. Odds are that SFMM will open SEFK, GL, and LF on the same day. GP would think, "OMG! OMG! Superman is backwards!", and for GL, "OMG! OMG! It's X2 but better!" Can't someone use theese facts and try to imagine there wait to X2, Tatsu, Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse, etc.?

^ I'm pretty sure that Superman is scheduled to open before Green Lantern.

Why does it matter to you what people think the lines are going to be like for Green Lantern? When it opens we will all find out! Regardless, my guess would be that the lines will be pretty long considering how unique Zac-Spins look.

Can anyone tell me the approx month or date superman and green lantern will open. I live in pittsburgh and i think it would be great to go to Magic Mountain to escape the harsh winter. However, i would prefer for the new coasters to be open, at least Superman. So i'm trying to decide which month I should go I'm hoping sometime by February or March.

Can anyone tell me the approx month or date superman and green lantern will open. I live in pittsburgh and i think it would be great to go to Magic Mountain to escape the harsh winter. However, i would prefer for the new coasters to be open, at least Superman. So i'm trying to decide which month I should go I'm hoping sometime by February or March.

From what I've heard at several different places, Green Lantern will open Memorial Day weekend. I have also heard that Superman will be ready by Spring Break. I don't know if it is true or not, but the expected date one site gave (can't remember which unfortunately) was the weekend WCB will most likely be on, so if that ends up being true that will be a real treat. If you want to ride Superman and don't mind dealing with crowds, your best shot would probably be last week of March or first week of April. If you want to ride Green Lantern, you are best off waiting until Summer.

Little Flash, if you care, is supposed to open early May. This makes me think first weekend of May, but I don't know for sure.

GL willbe the first Me-Spin (My name is Zachary) in the U.S. X2 had HUGE crowds it's opening day. Odds are that SFMM will open SEFK, GL, and LF on the same day. GP would think, "OMG! OMG! Superman is backwards!", and for GL, "OMG! OMG! It's X2 but better!" Can't someone use theese facts and try to imagine there wait to X2, Tatsu, Termy (COUGH) Apocalypse, etc.?

No. I'll explain.

Tatsu and Apocalypse were both built by companies who already had a stellar reputation for incredible rides. At the time of their construction, both GCI and B&M had several installments (of their respective types), all of which proved to be quite successful and pretty popular. So when SFMM constructed Tatsu and Apocalypse, it wasn't that hard to estimate their popularity.

X was an entirely different story. Since when it first opened in 2001 (or 2002?), the ride achieved its popularity by mere fact that riders were amazed at the experience. But prior to X's construction, Arrow had never before built a 4D coaster, so neither SFMM nor Arrow had anything to rely on besides word of mouth to get both the ride's concept and the ride itself out to the public. Obviously, this time the prototype proved to be successful.

Green Lantern is more or less in the same place that X was. While most coaster enthusiasts (sp?) know of the European installments, most of the American population doesn't. GL has nothing to rely on outside of people making some comparisons to X2 ( ), which will only peak interest in the ride. The rest will have to wait until the ride actually opens.

And it was announced when the rides will open. Superman will reopen around spring-break, with the kiddie coaster opening sometime before that, and GL will open in May.

Are you talking about in price or what benefits you receive?

With a regular Q-bot, if Tatsu's line is 1 hr. and you want to ride it, you will queue it up and then wait 1 hr. before you can ride. You don't have to wait in the regular queue line and can do other things in the meantime.

With a gold Q-bot, if Tatsu's line is 1hr and you queue it up, you wait a significantly less amount of time (75% according to the website) so you would only have to wait 15 minutes or less. I think there are a few factors that affect how long you wait, but the gist is your wait times is a lot less than the regular one.

Of course, the gold Q-bot costs more than a regular one. I don't know the cost difference at SFMM but it is on their website.

FYI,IDK WTF most of this says, but if SFMM opens GL ASAP, then the GP will definitely be "OMG," or even "OMFG," and totally forget about X2. The wait could be longer if the ops go AWOL, or put up a BRB sign. BTW, IIRC, if everyone brings their BFF, then the lines could be huge, and you might need some TLC. You could also check out SFMM's FAQ page, or IMHO, just ask yourself WWJD? I just hope SFMM changes their policy to BYOB next season so I could get FUBAR.....as long as I don't get a DUI. But then again, DILLIGAS? Maybe I'm J/K though.

BeemerBoy FTW

FYI,IDK WTF most of this says, but if SFMM opens GL ASAP, then the GP will definitely be "OMG," or even "OMFG," and totally forget about X2. The wait could be longer if the ops go AWOL, or put up a BRB sign. BTW, IIRC, if everyone brings their BFF, then the lines could be huge, and you might need some TLC. You could also check out SFMM's FAQ page, or IMHO, just ask yourself WWJD? I just hope SFMM changes their policy to BYOB next season so I could get FUBAR.....as long as I don't get a DUI. But then again, DILLIGAS? Maybe I'm J/K though.

Not to be rude, but what does AWOL, IIRIC, TLC, IMHO, BYOB, FUBAR, DILLGAS, and J/K mean? Thanks for your input though.

Not to be rude, but what does AWOL, IIRIC, TLC, IMHO, BYOB, FUBAR, DILLGAS, and J/K mean? Thanks for your input though.

WOW. Just WOW.