TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ As far as TT goes, don't have high expectations. SFDK's was very underwhelming, the small static sets and 3 minute ride reminded me more of some low budget story book land type ride. Can't believe anyone still builds sets that don't have some sort of animation to them, you just ride by static sets hoping the next set will do something. At least ours has the 2 kidde flats to make it more of an area, SFMM's sounds like it'll offer even less.

It was both confirmed over at Thrillnetwork that Deja Vu is NOT leaving and Thomas Town IS taking Granny Gran Prix's location.

But hmm, Goliath Jr. being refit to a Thomas Themed coaster doesn't sound all that crazy. Seems very possible. Since we all know when a coaster is changed at Magic Mountain it's considered a "new" ride.

Six Flags doesn't really care if it's one of a kind. Just because it's for sale, doesn't mean it has a future. Look at Shockwave at SFGAm. Sure there's two more copies (one being at MM , but they're all "hits" to say the least.

Anyways, I'd say Circus Wheel is the best looking flat they have at magic mountain. It's also pretty sad to say that state fair Yoyo's look nicer and safer that Magic Mountains's.

I sure hope that they replace circus wheels with something family friendly. Like I have said before there is already a lack of stuff for the younger kids to do when making "the lap" once you get past the gothom city area. Circus wheels is not just one of my 5 year olds favorite rides but my 10 year old and wifes favorites.

On another note I was there yesterday and it was one of the best days for lines I have ever seen. At opening I walked right on X and Tatsu but even in the middle of the day I practically walked on Goliath, Batman, Riddler, and Scream. It was a great day.

I wonder if Circus Wheel will every actually come out. It's not the first time I've seen a ride look as though it was on the brink of death, just to end up staying in the park. Anybody recall a few years ago when it was basically a sure thing that Atom Smasher was going to be removed? The ride is still (at least last time I checked) there.

Is Scrambler still in the park? I tend to recall that ride having a tree fall on it and it was strongly rumored that it was going to come out. I never did actually end up finding out what happened with that.

Anyone remember when the Circus Wheel was the Baile De Las Flores and was over in Baja Ridge? That ride has been at the park for a really long time!

I can't understand SFMM's aversion to flat rides. If Circus Wheel goes that leaves us with what...Atom Smasher, Gearworks, Sierra Twist, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler and Scrambler.

Now that I think about it, they haven't necessarily removed THAT many flats. Of the ones I can remember the original Circus Wheel, Reactor, Z-Force, and the Crazy Barrels are gone. Granted I would like to have Reactor and Z-Force back, but what are ya gonna do?

SFMM likes to staff rides with the bare minimum amount of staff, what better way to accomplish that than with a couple of flats that only require one person to operate each!