TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

my company is having a field trip to SFMM on the 27th for the day....I hope X is back up by then.

I've been hearing at least 6 months. Its really screwed, along with the budget...along with park.

_six

Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest!

TWO questions...

When was the last time X operated? Was it late August or early September? And what's the deal with Spin Out? It was operating earlier this summer, but visits to the park since I have yet to see it open...is it because staff is being allocatted elsewhere? When did it go into SBNO?

TWO questions...

When was the last time X operated? Was it late August or early September? And what's the deal with Spin Out? It was operating earlier this summer, but visits to the park since I have yet to see it open...is it because staff is being allocatted elsewhere? When did it go into SBNO?

IIRC, the last time I saw X operating was the end of July. The first time I remember seeing it busted/down was in the middle of August.

As for Spin Out, I think it's just a staffing issue like the rest of the stuff that was down when I was there Friday (oh yeah, I don't think that was on my list... oops).

Hey folks!

Today, I happened to stop by the park, as I was a stupid moron and picked Magic Mountain over Disney...but I was quite surprised by what I saw!

Orient Express and Circus Wheel were OPEN! AND Colossus was racing.

I dont know why, but I made a stupid video, if anyone is bored...

-Jahan

i cant get the video for some reason and want to check out the coaster backward!!

TWO questions...

If what I rememeber is true, it's been down since August 16th. I was there the 17th, and JUST missed it.....

I'm actually hoping they sell it to Busch. Not so they can get a Dive Machine , but because Busch does seem to know how to balance a park so that both thrillseekers and families are happy, make intelligent financial decisions about running a park, and do those little things that really do make the difference.

Cuz of course Six Flags can just say, "Here Busch take it! That will be 300,000,000 please I don't think Anhieser Busch has even expressed interest in the park. Though CF had announced during the Snyder take over that they were interested in the property if it went up for sale, but after the Paramount take over, they stated that they were no longer interested in the park. Basically what I'm saying is I don't think anyone particularily wants this park right now, and Six Flags can't just give it away to who ever they felt like giving it away to.

Hey, alright so today I met up with Mark and Tommy from the boards along with some of their friends. It was a so-so visit in my opinion. There were a ton of rides closed, but the ones that were open had great dispatches. Plus a few 'good' surprises throughout the day added some points to it. Colossus almost raced, going up the lift the trains were about 20 feet or so apart. So, without further mindless blabbering, onto the pics.

Enjoy.

_Six

Tower.gif.ccfef4e29eb942f000b8d1d3b084aa8c.gif

And I leave you with a somewhat decent shot of the 'sorta' open Freefall. Thanks for reading!

Testing.gif.bd3b59d4f2a6348accb42955d9e90594.gif

We got to see Freefall testing.

JetStream.gif.b3529241fcbf9cfb92b5df9598fbf7f8.gif

Jet Stream was closed....yeah...awesome caption I know.

Spinout.thumb.gif.27419476e2ec315e51ad05e98bed4bff.gif

Spinout is another one of those rides that has been down for a good continous amount of time.

Psyclone.gif.76039a6a0e4ca252c29ccb30a41b1009.gif

I've been hearing that the carpenters have been working off and on lately on Psyclone. It was closed today, with no signs of anyone working on it.

Work.gif.7dae21885179c0a780d2789ecfbc4722.gif

Some random work being done in the park is always a good sign.

Crafts.gif.bf5884643d311894a08478e31450dc27.gif

People keep asking me, "Where's the Craft making area for the kid." I never had any idea, well I found it today. It actually looked pretty cool. Nice 'family' spin on Fright Fest halloween stuff.

TwistClosed.thumb.gif.957b850cff0e7c9291e4a749e3810371.gif

Sierra Twist is another one I haven't seen open in quite a while. All the other rides in Pirate's Cove have been fully open.

Sierra-Falls.gif.48a648b39b75739ca6db89ce7d56c0f8.gif

Not sure what's up with Sierra Falls. Can't remember the last time I saw that open...that's Bunny World North for ya. :)

Canyon.gif.6875a4bd1f6cf9a670fcb2eac19aec56.gif

Canyon Blaster has been down for close to a month now. Its actually going through an actual refurbishment. But for now, its appears to of been turned into a meet and greet area.

Bus.gif.6ae8d950466d4afbf2f291712bd1f07e.gif

Daffy's Tour Bus was also down. They really need to get people over to Bunny World.

Teacups.gif.07b276c36dc56b523bd9066aaa915383.gif

Pepe Le Pew was also down. Too hot to operate...*cough*build a tent*cough*

Balloons.thumb.gif.7cc0c87798b83c31d9d9073658bc3191.gif

The weather balloons are sad because there's no stupid fat guy there to open it....yet.

Scream.gif.d9b31805de54ebc12d1101801d4fa037.gif

Same with Scream. Pretty decent dispatches; still the line is out the door.

Riddler.gif.f337a76ffa48991a285c91ed2bde78c1.gif

My point exactly. Riddler had a two train op, about one train every 3-4 minutes; even so the line was all the way back to Scrambler. Ouch!

Flashpass.gif.7447e8ff59d795067eebce5ecc4bc01c.gif

Yeah, so first thing I see when I enter the park is this huge line for the Flashpasses. But after seeing the line for some rides, its clear that these were the smart people!

Hey, i was there yesterday too, and boy was it busy! Having going to the park for the last 4 years monthly, this was my first saturday and it most likely will be my last. Even the bumpercars had a 20 minut line during the day! And i didnt even get to see freefall testing. O well, it was still much better then going to our homecomming dance .

I know...I know this is my like what 2nd post? and therefore you have no real reson to even read my post but whatever... Here is a list on what was open/closed ("important" rides that is) on 10-21-06:

X-closed

Viper-open-two trains

Revolution-open-one train

Roaring Rapids-open

Deja Vu-open

Psyclone-closed

Jet Stream-closed

Goldrusher/RRV-open-two trains

Tidal Wave-closed

Sandblasters/Atom Smasher/GrinderGearworks- open

Circus Wheel-closed

BTR-open-two trains

Freefall-open for the latter part of the day(3:00 an on)

Scream-open- two trains

Colossus(forwards and backwards)-open-two trains each side and racing periodically

Bucanneer/Swashbuckler-open

Goliath-open

STE-open-left side of track

Tatsu/Ninja-open-two trains

Flashback-OMG!!-open-JK!

When will this ever open? Who cares! I already have my credit...

tear it down!

Thrill Shot never opened as far as I heard. A guy actually fixed it all up, and much earlier this year it was reported that it began testing. Then was dropped from budget. I never heard that it actually reopened to the public.

_six