TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I have a trip planned on Monday, July 18th to SFMM. I am from Michigan - I don't get to make many trips out here. What is the best way for me to ride the most coasters on that Monday? Will it be packed/not packed? Any help? Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey anyone know how busy the park should be this Friday?

Is it worth getting the platinum or gold flash pass?

Thanks!!

I would definitely get a Flash Pass for this Friday since it is the start of the July 4th weekend. I think Gold is your best bet unless you really want to spend the money on Platinum. Twisted Colossus and FT are both on the gold pass now (one time reservation, same as Platinum), so the only rides you miss out on are New Revolution and Superman. You can buy a single reservation for X2 on Gold or Platinum, I think it's like a $15 additional fee. My advice would be to head straight to New Revolution at opening and then get the Gold pass with the X2 reservation. The Superman line really dies out at night, so just do that ride last and you won't have to wait too long. With Gold, you should be able to ride all the rides available on the Flash Pass plus get a few re-rides. With Platinum, you should be able to ride everything twice or more, except for the single reservation rides.

I would do revolution first then head up the mountain and marathon superman til the crowds make it up there. I can usually get in about 20 rides. Then go back and grab your pass . Get there WAY early to get in quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do revolution first then head up the mountain and marathon superman til the crowds make it up there. I can usually get in about 20 rides. Then go back and grab your pass . Get there WAY early to get in quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, but I do Full Throttle first as a gold passholder can usually get in 2 or 3 rides before having to get off. I have done revolution with VR already. If VR is of interest, yes do that either first, or after Full Throttle. If VR is of no interest, you can get on Revolution pretty much anytime in the single rider line as a walk on or one train wait...Then continue onto Superman. While I have never hit 20, I usually average anywhere from 6-8, and had as many as 12 superman rides before deciding if I wanted to get back in line for it again, or continue on my way.

I would do revolution first then head up the mountain and marathon superman til the crowds make it up there. I can usually get in about 20 rides. Then go back and grab your pass . Get there WAY early to get in quick.

This is a good strategy as well, the only issue is that sometimes Superman doesn't open with the park. But the ride is so loud that you should be able to tell if it's open or not before heading up the hill. And make sure you take the Helpful Honda Express up the hill, it's the fastest way to get to Superman.

x2 was down today - anyone has inside knowledge whether it'll be running tomorrow?

my last day here tomorrow.

Website isnt updated to show closure, so it's probably not a planned or long term closure; will just have to wait and see.

assuming it's running today, what's the best way to beat the crowd? I don't want to stand in 2 hour queue if I can help it...

x2 was down today - anyone has inside knowledge whether it'll be running tomorrow?

my last day here tomorrow.

Website isnt updated to show closure, so it's probably not a planned or long term closure; will just have to wait and see.

assuming it's running today, what's the best way to beat the crowd? I don't want to stand in 2 hour queue if I can help it...

If you have a Gold Pass, there is an early entry gate on the far right, so just head to X2 as soon as they let you in (usually 15 min early). Discover Card holders also get in early and there is a separate Discover entrance on the far left. If you don't have a Gold Pass or a Discover card, I would get to the park at 9:30 and you should be in the very front of the regular entrance line.

x2 still down - next time whenever that may be...

Thinking about heading to the mountain today. If you are there right now, how are the crowds?

it's on par with yesterday, which wasn't too bad.

X2 and FT were down so I did 4 runs of TC before rechecking X2 & FT. I left around 1230.

I honestly couldn't enjoy myself with 100F dry heat so next time I'll visit when it's cooler. It was cooler but humid this morning before clouds burnt off around midday.

It was a good day today nonetheless as TC is my fav here (obviously can't comment on X2)

x2 still down - next time whenever that may be...

Thinking about heading to the mountain today. If you are there right now, how are the crowds?

it's on par with yesterday, which wasn't too bad.

X2 and FT were down so I did 4 runs of TC before rechecking X2 & FT. I left around 1230.

I honestly couldn't enjoy myself with 100F dry heat so next time I'll visit when it's cooler. It was cooler but humid this morning before clouds burnt off around midday.

It was a good day today nonetheless as TC is my fav here (obviously can't comment on X2)

Sucks about X2. It's a real gem. At least you got TC in though.

I hear ya about that heat though. It's around that time of year where if I do go, I go in the lightest gym uniform I can get away with and take advantage of those water fountains that surprisingly shoot up a lot of water.. The heat really sucks but if it's too hot it scares away the lines or keeps the crowd in HH. This isn't foolproof though. I finally went today around 7:00pm to 9:00pm and only got in a ride on FT, TC, and a closing two ride back to back marathon on Batman plus Lex Luthor for the single rider line, which was still about a 15min wait. Last week I lapped through the park twice in 4 hours with repeats on all the rides that were open with a ~5min to walk on wait plus single rider walk ons. I guess today wasn't my lucky day. However, there have certainty been worse crowds to be dealt with and I would overall say today was moderate considering the short amount of time I had there too.

Who's down for a cool little meet up sometime in the Summer after July 4th on the weekdays when the crowds aren't so bad and when X2 and TC are back in full swing? Been dying to meet fellow so-cal enthusiasts at the mountain and geek out

I'm down! We went today but the lines were awful as expected.

Also, this may not be news to anyone here, but we found out something interesting today. Even if you have the basic Dining Pass which cuts off at 3pm for lunch, if you are already in the line and get up to the counter at say... 3:09p they will still honor it. I thought we were screwed after a 25 minute wait in line at Wascal's; I can't even explain how slow the staff and line were moving, and I was about to raise hell if denied but he simply scanned it and off we went. There must be some kind of a grace period.... anyone else had this experience?

Who's down for a cool little meet up sometime in the Summer after July 4th on the weekdays when the crowds aren't so bad and when X2 and TC are back in full swing? Been dying to meet fellow so-cal enthusiasts at the mountain and geek out

Also, this may not be news to anyone here, but we found out something interesting today. Even if you have the basic Dining Pass which cuts off at 3pm for lunch, if you are already in the line and get up to the counter at say... 3:09p they will still honor it. I thought we were screwed after a 25 minute wait in line at Wascal's; I can't even explain how slow the staff and line were moving, and I was about to raise hell if denied but he simply scanned it and off we went. There must be some kind of a grace period.... anyone else had this experience?

The opposite happened to me at Six Flags New England. I was less than 5 minutes late for dinner (it was about 7:34pm) and they denied me.

As of today, X2 is back open and TC has returned to 3 train operations as the purple train has come out of maintenance.

They opened up Superman for both sides around 1pm. Plus the air conditioning was cranking hard in the queue. #winning

I hear that a bunch of people will be down to meet up at the mountain on 9/10. You should look into it.

Seriously, it's West Coast Bash. No better way to geek out with a couple hundred other coaster enthusiasts and get the mountain all to yourselves.

The opposite happened to me at Six Flags New England. I was less than 5 minutes late for dinner (it was about 7:34pm) and they denied me.

i wonder if dinner is a different story. i know i've been late for lunch waiting in line once and it wasn't even an issue.

I'm down for that. Let's do it.

As of today, X2 is back open and TC has returned to 3 train operations as the purple train has come out of maintenance.

i had no chance on x2 then as it was down for pretty much the whole week...

as for TC, how much quicker do they run with three trains - it seemed like forever with only two trains running. and how does it affect "racing" aspect of it?

and is it me or the lap bar a bit peculiar?