TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ I'm going to say The crowds will be mild but not dead.

I have a question about hurricane harbor. How does the locker system work I've never been to a park since I was very young. And if the locker has a key where exactly do I keep a locker key where it won't get lost in the water and how much is a locker. Also any suggestions on anything that's a "must bring" item to a water park.

Edit: I forgot what happens when you type "lock--er"

^^ I'm going to say The crowds will be mild but not dead.

I have a question about hurricane harbor. How does the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo system work I've never been to a park since I was very young. And if the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo has a key where exactly do I keep a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo key where it won't get lost in the water and how much is a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Also any suggestions on anything that's a "must bring" item to a water park.

Edit: I forgot what happens when you type "lock--er"

https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharborla/plan-your-visit/park-services

You can rent Lock ers for the day in which to store your personal belongings. Lock ers are located in Buccaneer Village.

Family Size: $20.00

Large Lock er : $17.00

Small Lock er: $14.00

and they'll probably use keypads that you enter a 4 digit pin of your choosing to acess your day locker.

Also online it says you can either rent a tube or you can use ones provided at the attraction. So why would i rent a tube at all?

Mainly for the lazy river and wave pool. They do not provide tubes for those attractions.

Also, there tend to be really long lines at attractions just waiting for tubes. Rental is the way to go.

Rode TC twice today, about 20-25 minute wait. raced the 2nd go around on the 1st ride, no where no racing the 2nd time. X's line was only to the 2nd row of the switchbacks and moved fast until the ride broken down as I was on the stairway by the lockers for like 15 minutes. Almost saw a fight on Tatsu at 7:55 pm or so. I was about 2 trains away from riding in the front row then a guy and his son sitting on the left 2 seats when a party of 3 were really pissed off that the guy wasn't sitting in the right seat. Fingers were pointed, words said, they were yelling at the operators. The guy and the kid didn't get up for like 2 minutes until finally went back in the front of the gate to get the next train. Since there was a seat open and I was alone I went to ride on that train. Also sorta noticed a small vibration sitting in the 8th row of revolution. Noticed alot of people getting re-rides because the VR wasn't working.

Does Magic Mountain offer any early entry for season pass holders? Also, do any rides have single rider lines?

Unless there is a special event no, uhm I know that riddler, lex luthor and green lantern have one (which can be very useful on busy days). Don't think any other rides have one...

Does Magic Mountain offer any early entry for season pass holders? Also, do any rides have single rider lines?

Yes they do offer Early entry for Gold Season Pass Holders. The line is all the way to the right of the front gates.

Yes they do offer Early entry for Gold Season Pass Holders. The line is all the way to the right of the front gates.

Perfect! Thanks!

Revolution also has single rider. No VR allowed if you choose single rider. The plus is you usually will get front row, because VR does not work in the front row. It in not uncommon to get to stay on for re-rides as well if you wish.

In addition to Revolution, Viper, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and Riddler's Revenge have single rider lines. Viper's is usually useless, but Green Lantern's will usually save you a ton of time and Ridders' is always a virtually guaranteed walk on.

I was at the park yesterday and the dirt lot now has mounds of dirt in it. Exciting!

I also noticed while riding Apocalypse that a siding had been built along the access road along the west side of the park. And it seems like the Deja Vu Nursery seems to have been cleared out.

I'm becoming more and more convinced we're either about to get a new coaster or Justice League and maybe a flat ride where Deja Vu once was--which'd make sense since that half of the park is pretty dead right now if you aren't into upcharge attractions... I dunno, it's weird they're doing any work at this time of the year.

When do you think they'll make some sort of announcement?

I was at the park yesterday and the dirt lot now has mounds of dirt in it. Exciting!

I also noticed while riding Apocalypse that a siding had been built along the access road along the west side of the park. And it seems like the Deja Vu Nursery seems to have been cleared out.

I'm becoming more and more convinced we're either about to get a new coaster or Justice League and maybe a flat ride where Deja Vu once was--which'd make sense since that half of the park is pretty dead right now if you aren't into upcharge attractions... I dunno, it's weird they're doing any work at this time of the year.

When do you think they'll make some sort of announcement?

Deja Vu's pad isn't being used for a ride so don't get your hopes up. But yeah it's usually late August/early September when they make the chain wide announcements. Until then, I'll keep dreaming that we're getting a RMC T-Rex giga.

Sadly, I've never been to SFMM, but I just got out my Samsung Gear VR (which I haven't played with in a while) and I found that Six Flags had uploaded a VR 360 degree POV of Tatsu, and TC!!

1.) Holy Crap . . . I had no idea how huge Tatsu's pretzel loop really is!

2.) TC is much faster than I thought it was.

I really hope that SFMM post more 360 POV's, and hopefully they can catch on at other parks too!!

1.) Holy Crap . . . I had no idea how huge Tatsu's pretzel loop really is!

2.) TC is much faster than I thought it was.

Yeah, that pretzel loop is huge. It's also placed well so you can stand close to it and watch the trains dive. It's pretty rattly at the bottom of that loop and super forceful going up the other side of it, but it's the ride's big show piece. My favorite part though is the lift hill which catches first time rides off guard. Because the mountain is dropping beneath you while the ride's elevating, by the time you get to the top of of the lift, you really get a sense of how high up you are — which is unnerving in those restraints. That's the best part for me.

TC doesn't feel particularly fast to me, but I don't think it really should. It takes the elements faster than it feels like it should, but I never really get the feeling that I'm really hauling on it. It's more intense than the other RMC I've been on (NTAG), but that felt like a faster ride in general. X2 is one ride that feels considerably faster than it looks — especially when it's climbing and dropping out of that first loop.

EDIT: That is weird. I just watched what I presume to the be the TC video you're referring to (albeit without the headset) and it does look like it's flying through the track there. For some reason it doesn't quite feel that relentless to me.

If the Deja Vu site has been cleared then you never know, also there was a facebook post going around stating September 1 st would be SF announcement day. I don't know how official it was but that seems to be around the time they have been announcing. Trust I'm not only praying for that T-rex giga I'm making voodoo dolls of random people hoping that helps I don't know how it will help but I willing to try anything to send the great giga spirit SFMMs way lol

If the Deja Vu site has been cleared then you never know, also there was a facebook post going around stating September 1 st would be SF announcement day. I don't know how official it was but that seems to be around the time they have been announcing. Trust I'm not only praying for that T-rex giga I'm making voodoo dolls of random people hoping that helps I don't know how it will help but I willing to try anything to send the great giga spirit SFMMs way lol

I'm praying for an RMC giga too, but I have that sinking feeling we're going to end up with a JL clone. Which isnt a bad thing, but the maintenence will become a problem in a few years I believe. I can already see MM giving up on the fog, smoke, and fire effects. Only having like 3 of the ride vehicle operable. Only half of the lights working, etc;