TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

About 20 minutes, they're taking the people off the train in the tunnel now and they had to bring someone's sandals to them.

image.thumb.jpg.81b35e05130c6e3a316bf65e06214427.jpg

Maintence returning from the tunnel.

Edited by kylexy2298

I'm guessing so. It's pretty typical of LSM/LIM rides to have the motors over heat. They probably haven't gotten around to installing a cooling system yet (either extra AC or water like CA Screamin) since the opening was obviously rushed!

I just noticed on Fox News (yeah, I know) that there was an article titled "411 on World's Fastest Coaster," and in wonderful Fox News and SFMM fashion it was about Full Throttle!

It was 110+ on Saturday, 107 was the highest I noticed today.

Getting trapped in the Tunnel Station may have stuck them in the shade, but unless they added some new ventilation systems in there, I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in there for any length of time!

Last page of this thread =

Went to the park for a bit yesterday (got there around 4:00ish). Full Throttle had about a 15 minute wait. Park overall seemed pretty dead. Got my first Full Throttle Front Row Ride. So much better in the back and much more forceful back there as well (that's what she said).

Last page of this thread =

Went to the park for a bit yesterday (got there around 4:00ish). YOLOcoaster had about a 15 minute wait. Park overall seemed pretty dead. Got my first YOLOcoaster Front Row Ride. So much better in the back and much more forceful back there as well (that's what she said).

Were you able to choose your seat? When I was there last Thursday, they were not allowing requests for seats.

^ Yes, they are letting people choose their seat. But they are still only allowing 1 full train to enter the station at a time. All rows were a 1 train wait, Front was about 3-4. I'm sure when it's busier they won't allow you to choose your row. There isn't a whole lot of space to have a front row waiting line.

Had a good day at the park today! I rode YOLOcoaster a total of three times. Unfortunately, there was no choosing seats today. The loop is absolutely amazing in any seat. However, the rest of the ride is better experienced toward the back of the train. I first rode in row 3, and I was unimpressed by the ride, with the exception of the loop. However, riding in row 7 completely changed my view of the ride. It is one of the vest coasters in California, and gives Xcelerator a run for its money (although it is not as good as Xcelerator in my opinion)

Operations were OK today, dispatch wise, but there were several other negative aspects, such as Tatsu not opening until 12:00, S:EFK running one side until early afternoon, and few drink stands open until 11:30 (even though today had projected highs near the triple digits)

Yet, the absolute greatest thing I heard all day was in the line for X2 there were two Hispanic guys behind me, and one was talking to the other about the unusual multitude of Caucasians in the park today. The actual words were "Bro, there are so many white ass bitches here today" Only at SFMM!