TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if this theory has been shared yet or not, but here is my opinion on this Superman mega-rehab.

For those who don't know (I'm guessing its relatively few), Bizarro is a bit like an opposite-superman. The logo on his suit is mirrored, and several of his other "powers" are opposite (freeze vision instead of heat, gains energy from Kryptonite, etc). Thus, it would make sense that the ride be rethemed to Bizaro, since he is literally a "backwards Superman"

Since we have two tracks, I think the most likely scenario is that only one of the tracks will be turned backwards, and rethemed to Bizarro. Both tracks will receive the new cars, and possibly the new computer system, except one of them will be facing forwards. I assume this is as simple as mounting the magnets with opposite polarity.

Again, if anyone has shared this theory before, I am not aware of it. What does TPR think?

Actually, this has been mentioned quite a bit, if you go back oh...twenty or so pages and read up to today, it should be in there.

Also, why does it seem like so many people have a variation on my username these days?

I'm not sure if this theory has been shared yet or not, but here is my opinion on this Superman mega-rehab.

For those who don't know (I'm guessing its relatively few), Bizarro is a bit like an opposite-superman. The logo on his suit is mirrored, and several of his other "powers" are opposite (freeze vision instead of heat, gains energy from Kryptonite, etc). Thus, it would make sense that the ride be rethemed to Bizaro, since he is literally a "backwards Superman"

Since we have two tracks, I think the most likely scenario is that only one of the tracks will be turned backwards, and rethemed to Bizarro. Both tracks will receive the new cars, and possibly the new computer system, except one of them will be facing forwards. I assume this is as simple as mounting the magnets with opposite polarity.

Again, if anyone has shared this theory before, I am not aware of it. What does TPR think?

*smacks forehead*

You probably shouldn't come into a forum you obviously haven't read a page about and start making inferences and guesses like everyone else is out of the loop and has no clue what's going on. Because chances are you're going to repeat everything that's already been discussed and look like a fool. In order to be a responsible poster and contributor, it would be wise for you to go back, oh I dunno, as many pages back as we've been discussing the Superman rehab, and READ the information in order to understand what we all know and what we think is going on.

No doubt, everything you mentioned has already been discussed, at great length mind you, and that is "What TPR thinks."

Newsflash: We've ALL pretty much heard of Bizarro. And oh, hey, check it out, there have already been 2 Bizarro rehabs at other parks?!!? NO WAI!!!

http://rcdb.com/628.htm

http://rcdb.com/502.htm

I might be in the minority here but I like the idea of only one track backwards, it would be two completely different rides in one and I like the forces of the forward launch, that awesome feeling of being pressed back into the seat. Themed so the left side is Superman and the right is Bizarro. Then at the top of the tower a statue of both engaged in a fighting sort of a pose and the color scheme for each car and its track matched to that character, as well as the entire que line.

Too much?

Read first, post second. Really, at this point we know that both sides are gonna run backwards and the word is no retheme. I think eventually they may run one side frontwards again, but the cpacity would suck if they only did one side when it reopens. I mean think of the lines when Superman first opened, they were terrible.

I took some Fright Fest prep photo's last weekend and the park also sent us some publicity shots. I haven't been to the park for Fright Fest in a few years, but it looked like they were doing a lot more with the in-park decorations than in years past.

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/in-the-parks/1632-disneyland-knotts-universal-six-flags-halloween-photos-news-more.html

You probably shouldn't come into a forum you obviously haven't read a page about and start making inferences and guesses like everyone else is out of the loop and has no clue what's going on.

First off, if you notice in my post nowhere did I imply that everyone is out of the loop, or has no clue what is going on. In fact if you read my actual post I even admitted that it's likely very few who don't already know who Bizarro is, the reason why I included that is because I DIDN'T KNOW who he was and figured there were other people out there who could use the info. I'm simply sharing my opinion. If you don't like it, I don't give a poo-poo.

Why does it seem like so many people have a variation on my username these days?

Variations of YOUR username? I've been using this username or a variation of it since 2003. Considering that back then you were 9 years old, I'm pretty sure that you are using a variation of my name

I might be in the minority here but I like the idea of only one track backwards, it would be two completely different rides in one and I like the forces of the forward launch, that awesome feeling of being pressed back into the seat. Themed so the left side is Superman and the right is Bizarro. Then at the top of the tower a statue of both engaged in a fighting sort of a pose and the color scheme for each car and its track matched to that character, as well as the entire que line.

Too much?

That idea may actually be better than you think. Not that I'm opposed to a Bizarro theme (or really care much one way or the other), but the fighting statues wouldn't be able to be seen very well from the backward facing car, which means.... To get a good view of the statues up close you would be "forced" to also ride the forward facing car. That could possibly help to ensure a somewhat more even ridership between the sides. That would, of course, be assuming that only one side was in fact going to be launched backwards. It seems most of the speculation so far has been that both sides would be launched backward, but who knows?

You probably shouldn't come into a forum you obviously haven't read a page about and start making inferences and guesses like everyone else is out of the loop and has no clue what's going on.

First off, if you notice in my post nowhere did I imply that everyone is out of the loop, or has no clue what is going on. In fact if you read my actual post I even admitted that it's likely very few who don't already know who Bizarro is, the reason why I included that is because I DIDN'T KNOW who he was and figured there were other people out there who could use the info. I'm simply sharing my opinion. If you don't like it, I don't give a poo-poo.

Why does it seem like so many people have a variation on my username these days?

Variations of YOUR username? I've been using this username or a variation of it since 2003. Considering that back then you were 9 years old, I'm pretty sure that you are using a variation of my name

Okay, first things first you seriously need to calm the frig down, there's no need for you to start railing against people over something as simple as a roller coaster.

Second, you're right, you did never imply that no one knew what was going on. However, you basically repeated, in full, what people have been speculating for months, so it's old news, if you had read the thread up to this point (or any bits of it from the past month or two, I wouldn't expect anyone to have read the entire thread), you would know that. All you're doing is re-hashing something that's already been beaten to death, and that's why others are getting a bit uptight about it. Also, "people that could use the info"? What info. Hell, you say in the very next sentence that it's just an opinion, the perfect antonym to the idea of information. And the last sentence there? Immature, at best.

Last, I was just commenting that I see a lot of variations on "Ace of Spades" around, not implying any ownership. Yet you seem to be taking it as a personal insult. Hell, I know I'm not the only one, I got the inspiration from an old member here, "AceO'Spades". Like I was supposed to know that your highness had been using it since before I knew what the internet was. I mean really, come on.

Yeesh, this a board about theme parks for cripes sake, how can people possibly get into flame wars about this stuff?

Ace "Calm Down People" of Spades

At least no one else here has anything close to "EBL."

Has anyone else wondered if it's possible for even more for 2011? We already know about Superman, and we know that the roller skater will be open. For some reason, it seems to me that an additional attraction of some sort could make its way to SFMM to go along with what we already know. Anything along those lines, of course, is pure speculation, but perhaps worthy of discussion.

Eric

Yeesh, this a board about theme parks for cripes sake, how can people possibly get into flame wars about this stuff?

Ace "Calm Down People" of Spades

You're right, you should ask the guy who attacked my post to begin with. Apparently it's not allowed to share an opinion without first sorting through 20 pages of discussion.

Peace out.

^ Thanks, Joey. That's why I was trying to steer away from that with the "possible other 2011 attraction" discussion.

Of course, I still think that it's possible for SFMM to have something more up their sleeve.

Eric

God, I hope so. I'm just not a big fan of "Save the Superman" effort with reversing the cars, pretty much solidifying it staying. (I was really hoping to see Kingda Ka cloned out here some day) But if there is anything planned for 2012, I'm fine with what the park is getting in 2011. The rollerskater helps round out the coaster collection which of right now is tilted towards the extreme side, the Superman revamp helps bring life to an old and lackluster ride, and there are still some parks that haven't announced receiving anything for next year. I hope this works out well for the park. Although I personally hope that something big comes in 2012. There's going to be ALOT of competition in '12.

^ After some thought, I think you're right. If Backwards Superman and the Roller Skater Formerly Known as Mr. Six's DanceCoaster is it for 2011, then 2012 is going to hit us BIG. I can't help but to wonder about the so-called "Project 18" if that's even going to happen. If Tidal Wave is on its way out (and I believe it is), its spot and the old Freefall spot make for a sizable chunk of real estate.

Yeah, that's all been rehashed over and over, but by 2012, we'll be ready for something big---and I think SFMM will deliver.

Eric

^Eric I think that's the big thing that's gonna happen. Because with how Magic Mountain has been in the past they would have to market a big ride after the public somewhat found out about X2's re-marketing tactic. I think Magic Mountain will go all out in 2012.