TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

still waiting for that "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" . . .

According to the LA Times it is suppose to happen around July 4 (next week)!!

Makes sense. I remember earlier rumors that they would announce Full Throttle around July 4. It would also give them another opportunity to push the new opening date of Lex Luthor.

Last time I checked we're all posting on a website called "ThemeparkREVIEW". If I have a negative opinion on a park or a ride or a parks asinine timeline to open a publicly hyped ride, this would be the place to do it. It is my opinion, along with many other's here, that this park f@%$ed up in this particular instance. Yes, life will go on, and yes in the grand scheme of things this won't matter more than a pimple on my hairy ass, but we post here cause we want to discuss such matters, both good and bad.

That being said the park stood me up on our date and I'm pissed, but I'll probably end up putting out later anyway cause I'm a whore like that.

Its a VERY TALL drop ride.... you go up... you fall down.... the end. And if its any good it will scare the crap out of you!

You mean it doesn't fly off the track, do a loopty loop in the air, then land safely back on the track? WHAT A RIP!

still waiting for that "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" . . .

According to the LA Times it is suppose to happen around July 4 (next week)!!

Oh hey Jp! It's CSM lol.

I wonder if the big announcement will be before or after Lex? I don't think they would announce it 2 days before Lex.... so they may delay the announcement too....

I'm just wondering if some of the comments on SFMM's FB are bogus - I mean really, you booked a hotel room for a drop tower?

Yeah--why would a drop tower even want a hotel room, and how could it possibly fit on even a king-size bed?

Its a VERY TALL drop ride.... you go up... you fall down.... the end. And if its any good it will scare the crap out of you!

You mean it doesn't fly off the track, do a loopty loop in the air, then land safely back on the track? WHAT A RIP!

Yeah I know.....right?

So, Giant Drop in Australia was one of the best theme park experiences I've had. Sure, this ride is in SFMM, not on Australia's Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise, butttt I wouldn't complain about the delays..I'd go crazy if I had that in my area.

This is the first ride in a long time that's actually making me nervous just thinking about going on it. The last time I felt this way was when we visited Blizzard Beach and I knew I was eventually gonna go down Summit Plummet. Just seeing the opening date of DOD on the screen is giving me the heebie jeebies!

I don't mind the delay at all, but shouldn't they pull the commercial spot with the 'Opening June 30th' text off the air? I've seen it a couple of times today.

Oooops!

The same thing happened with BGW's Mach Tower.

I don't mind the delay at all, but shouldn't they pull the commercial spot with the 'Opening June 30th' text off the air? I've seen it a couple of times today.

Oooops!

Also like Mach Tower, I think this will be a real letdown.

^We'll see. Mach Tower was delayed about three months due to a manufacturer's error (and it's been pretty buggy since). Drop of Doom should be debuting on July 7, if all goes well from here on.

Oooops!

Also like Mach Tower, I think this will be a real letdown.

I see what you did there.

^sorry, was trying to hop on the bad pun bandwagon there... guess my wit just didn't work, this time. Hopefully some of the others here can pull me up to their level.

Oh, I got it--I simply chose not to acknowledge it.