Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Coastinmiller wrote:At the park today, just got to say, what has happened to this place? Trash all about, the smell of puke in more than one area, rides breaking down left and right, the once awesome shows....??? List goes on and on. This used to be one of the best six flags.

That's a complete contrast to my visit on Saturday. The park was very clean outside of the parking lot, but that's because people don't ever care to use trash buckets in an amusement park parking lot.

I didn't have an issue with rides being down either. I think Superman and Bugs had quick breakdowns based on my Flash Pass alerts, but other than that everything was open.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

TPR's table shuffleboard pro

Postby Coastinmiller » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Coastinmiller wrote:At the park today, just got to say, what has happened to this place? Trash all about, the smell of puke in more than one area, rides breaking down left and right, the once awesome shows....??? List goes on and on. This used to be one of the best six flags.

That's a complete contrast to my visit on Saturday. The park was very clean outside of the parking lot, but that's because people don't ever care to use trash buckets in an amusement park parking lot.

I didn't have an issue with rides being down either. I think Superman and Bugs had quick breakdowns based on my Flash Pass alerts, but other than that everything was open.

Hope I just had an "off" day for the employees at park. I always really enjoy Fiesta, but when the smell of puke is prevalent at a little after opening....and in more than a few areas had me concerned. Plus entry plaza was a disgrace.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:18 am

USA TODAY may have released their article a little early but looks like Fiesta Texas is receiving the world's first RMC Raptor Coaster! :br
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab)

Toro Riders:
2016: 1,258,387
2017: 1,301,841

Credit Count: 279

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnnyknottsville » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 am

Have no idea how the ball was dropped on this but someone's getting fired lol j/k Somehow SFFT announcement was leaked early and USA Today posted...

"Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall",

There you have it folks SFFT will be getting the first RMC Raptor http://amp.usatoday.com/story/534583001/

Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 am.
I'm back
OoooWe I didn't come here to play with you woes... hahaha. I came here to Slay Biotch!!!...Um hmm I like cornbread and collard greens biotch...yous better believe it!!!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 am

johnnyknottsville wrote:Have no idea how the ball was dropped on this but someone's getting fired lol j/k Somehow SFFT announce was leaked early and USA Today posted

"Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall",

There have it SFFT will be getting the first RMC Raptor http://amp.usatoday.com/story/534583001/

The first of most likely many clones. lol

It looks like RMC built their prototype Raptor into the layout.
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab)

Toro Riders:
2016: 1,258,387
2017: 1,301,841

Credit Count: 279

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am

Here's the full article, for anyone to lazy to open the link ;)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster for 2018, the first RMC Raptor track coaster

636372915181723286-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster4.jpg

Six Flags announced today that Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster will open next spring at its Fiesta Texas location in San Antonio. The park says the new attraction won't look or behave like any thrill machine that preceded it. That's because instead of riding a set of two rails like traditional coasters, its narrow trains would soar along one 15.5-inch-wide steel track. It will be the world's first single-rail coaster.

"I expect it to be crazy smooth," says Larry Chickola, Six Flags VP and chief corporate engineer. "And crazy fun. There will be extremely quick twists and turns – quicker and smoother than regular coasters."

Before settling on "single-rail" to describe the new genre of ride, the engineer referred to it as a "monorail" coaster. But Chickola said the designation might conjure thoughts of the slow and poky vehicles used to transport passengers at airports and elsewhere. Wonder Woman, he insists, will be the opposite of poky: a "high-thrill and edgy experience." Above all, however, he emphasizes that it should be velvety smooth.

Why is Chickola forecasting a super-smooth ride? Traditional wooden coasters are known for knocking passengers around. Their rickety, rough-and-tumble ride experience is part of their charm. Steel-tracked coasters can mitigate some of the roughness, but even they have an inherent problem: Because they ride on two rails, the slightest misalignment between the left and right sides can result in moments of roughness. With Wonder Woman's single rail, nothing could get out of sync.

The coaster will be "visually stunning," says Jeffrey Siebert, president of Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It will be set against the multi-hued quarry wall that surrounds the park. Visitors may be surprised when they first encounter the ride. "It's just going to look wrong, but in a nice way," Siebert adds. Instead of a wooden coaster's lattice-like timber structure, Wonder Woman will have steel supports. But its ultra-thin track won't require as many supports as a typical steel coaster. Chickola says it will look like a thin ribbon of track suspended in the sky.

The eight passengers aboard the coaster's trains will have unique views as well. Each car will have a single seat. There won't be anybody sitting to the left or right. And when they look to either side, riders won't see any track either. The single rail, a scant few inches wider than a foot-long sub, will be underneath the train. If passengers lean over the cars, they'll see straight down to the ground. "You're going to feel like your gliding through the air," says Chickola.

Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall," in which the train will roll halfway over and suspend riders for a few agonizing moments before it unrolls and returns them right-side-up.

Siebert says that it is going to be "odd to go upside down on such a tiny track. It will feel like you're riding Wonder Woman's whip." The ride's queue will include a crashed airplane, Greco-Greek architecture, and other references to the comic book world of the female superhero, whose popularity surged after the huge success of the recent Wonder Woman movie.

The stall inversion is a signature element of the coaster's designer and manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC). The innovative ride company has developed its own take on coaster rails, which it calls "IBox" track. Instead of the tubular steel track that is used on traditional steel coasters, IBox track is flat on top and configured like the letter "I." The trains' side friction wheels, which help tether the cars to the rails, fit into the track's I-shaped channels. The unique track may account for the especially smooth rides that RMC coasters deliver.

The New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas was the first coaster to feature IBox track. The park chain followed that with Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas. Both of the rides were traditional wooden coasters that had not aged well and were notoriously rough. RMC left the wooden structures intact, but removed the original tracks and replaced them with IBox tracks. Known as hybrid wooden-steel coasters, the two repurposed Six Flags rides are now gloriously smooth.

RMC's designers took the basic concepts of their IBox track and developed the single-rail system, which the ride company refers to as "raptor track." Using the next evolution of the breakthrough IBox track, Wonder Woman may whip its park mate, Iron Rattler, for slithery smoothness.

636372912918148776-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster1.jpg

636372913059329681-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster2.jpg

636372912772755844-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-first-drop-90-degrees.jpg

636372912985541208-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster3.jpg

636372912777747876-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-inversion-2.jpg

636372912870100468-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-invdersion.jpg

Source
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:50 am.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stealth2k » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:32 am

It's happening!!!
Top 10: 1) Maverick 2) Storm Chaser 3) Millennium Force 4) Diamond Back 5) Lightning Run 6) Banshee 7) The Voyage 8) Mystic Timbers 9) Raging Bull 10) Goliath (SGam)

Top 5 Parks: 1) Cedar Point 2) Kentucky Kingdom 3) Holiday World 4) Kings Island 5) Six Flags Great America

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:43 am

It's a good layout that packs a punch and the first drop at the back row would be legendary. But two 8 persons train??
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 am.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:43 am

I have a strong feeling this won't be the only one being built in the Six Flags chain this year.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 am

Perhaps they announced it this early so they can say they were the first.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!