TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Agree with you guys, but big fails does happen:

- I heard that on the Seven Drawfs Mine Train, WDI didn't take in account the swinging motion from the car and built the scenery inside riders clearance envelope. They asked Vekoma to tighten the cylinder and tame the motion.

- On Ratatouille, Imagineers realized only after the beginning of the construction that the costuming building will be visible from inside the land, while everyone was like "Chill out! How can they make such a mistake? Of course they had a plan!".

- Speed Monster have some footers unused because misaligned.

- Smiler.

I do not say this is the case here, I just wanted to share these little stories (But kee in mind that's only what I heard and cannot guarentee their veracity).

I'm sure the construction crew can fix this issue, but wondering if it'll affect the rides smoothness?

The track was just put into place this week. They probably didn't have time to bolt it in and I am 100% sure they already know about it. The ride is still very much under construction.

^Well, maybe I can try to at least shift the speculation to a different topic.

According to users on CWMania, the supports that showed up for the waterslide may not be waterskide supports at all. Some pics show them arranged in a truss/triangle formation (something not seen on waterslides). There is also a large ammount of dirt being moved around near Minebuster

Like a few of the users on CWMania, I believe this is for something bigger for 2015 or 16, , like some kind of coaster or flat.

Increasing the sense that something's up, I would post pics from CW mania on this thread to show what's going on, but I can't, as the site's been down pretty much since the rumours of a coaster started flying... Strange, my guess, the park did something , due to someone unknowingly leaking their new ride, or more likely, when this started up, the mods knew that Cw would be watching the site closely, as CWmania is planning WMG event, and didn't want the park POed @ them.

Either way, something's up... Not just WMG... LET THE 2015 RMOURS BEGIN!

^That's rediculous. The site is down due to switching servers. It will be back up ASAP.

A pile of dirt has been on the south side of Minebuster for at least a season or two. It does appear as though there has been more dirt moved there recently.

And the blue/orange structure seen being built in the parking lot is not for a 2015 or 2016 attraction.

^^ Very Unlikely.

Those parts are on the main parkinglot where anyone could be making photos of it. I very much doubt Wonderland is in the buisiness of getting sites pulled from the interwebs. If there would be any problems posting those pictures, CWmania could have simply pulled those from the site.

I realy don't see any reason to think that those supports are for a new ride. Parts of slides have been showing up through the winter so most likely it will have something to do with those. But I also could see them building a giant sign with adds, since the park is so close to a highway. From the pictures i have seen of the triangular support structure, this could very well be a option.

And the blue/orange structure seen being built in the parking lot is not for a 2015 or 2016 attraction.

By "attraction" do you mean just "ride" or both "ride" and "water slide"?

And are you suggesting this is for 2017?????

As I was coming home from work this morning, I heard a Wonderland commercial on the radio and they were promoting season passes. They mentioned Guardian but also a triple drop waterslide in Splashworks (our waterpark). Our waterpark currently does not have a triple drop waterslide, so this may be the new slide from nearby Ontario Place that has been seen at the park.

Hmmmmm . . . yeah they do look like dips and it looks like there are four funnels. Have you heard the radio commercial yet? For sure it said a NEW triple drop waterslide at Splashworks. Maybe they are installing something different, that's why it appears like the supports being assembled in the parking lot don't seem to be from Ontario Place. What do you think, Dom? And nice to be talking to you on Theme Park Review while CW Mania is down for maintenance.

Hmmmmm . . . yeah they do look like dips and it looks like there are four funnels. Have you heard the radio commercial yet? For sure it said a NEW triple drop waterslide at Splashworks. Maybe they are installing something different, that's why it appears like the supports being assembled in the parking lot don't seem to be from Ontario Place. What do you think, Dom? And nice to be talking to you on Theme Park Review while CW Mania is down for maintenance.

There are actually 6 funnels. Topsy Turvey is actually 2 slides (3 funnels each). Also, I haven't heard the commercial yet...what cstation was it on? (By now its probably a lost hope...for all we know the park could of pulled the ad but begs the question if they meant do this...). Regarding the supports in the parking lot...the only lead I was able to find was a pic of a slide in Japan using a similar support structure:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-0/q71/s480x480/969185_539732972757628_1211872177_n.jpg

There are actually 6 funnels. Topsy Turvey is actually 2 slides (3 funnels each). Also, I haven't heard the commercial yet...what cstation was it on? (By now its probably a lost hope...for all we know the park could of pulled the ad but begs the question if they meant do this...). Regarding the supports in the parking lot...the only lead I was able to find was a pic of a slide in Japan using a similar support structure:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-0/q71/s480x480/969185_539732972757628_1211872177_n.jpg

Just heard the ad on the radio myself. I don't think they would air it in error as these ads must be approved and signed off on and everything like that.

Just another thing to be excited for in 2014.

This is turning out to be a great year of improvements, some big and some small. I am impressed and glad I got a pass again (after taking last year off). Cedar Fair is really turning a corner and making some smart investments. I think I am in the sweet spot as far as target market goes (two school-aged kids) and the fact that we decided to drop the $600 to get passes this year (including some Platinums) means their strategy has worked on us.