TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

^^ I read or saw in a youtube video (can't remember which!) that they are including a huge array of coaster types... the words were something like "if you've seen it in a theme park, it will be in the game". I got pretty excited about that, hard waiting for more info! I guess time will tell...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what I really want to see the most here is the logistics of the game. Is it going to be new-school RCT, or customized like Theme Park Studio. One thing that disappointed me about TPS (rather than the long dev. time and limited ride selection) was the difficult controls. I found it hard to form things and move around the map.

If I had advice for this game, I would keep the interface simple, but allow for a grid-less and custom construction feature. Judging by the models we have seen, I think this game has won me over Parkitect. But we haven't seen all that much yet so anything is possible.

RCTW also looks promising, but I have to see some more there as well. So far in this new era coaster game competition, Nolimits 2 still has my vote (so far).

• 1 month later...
The wait is over! Our first Dev Diary for Planet Coaster is here for your viewing pleasure. The joy of the crowd starts with the joy of an individual, and that's the magic that we wanted to capture. The team talk about the philosophy behind creating a living, vibrant, and personality-driven crowd. It all starts with an individual.

The crowd bring everything you have to life, because they're the reason why you build it in the first place.

This looks amazing. I love how much effort they are putting into people in this game. Let's hope with them being this smart they will line up past the queue when it reaches capacity. I think that's the one thing we have all always wanted to see but it's never been implemented before. Slightly in RCT3, but people shouldn't turn away just because it's outside of queue. Lol. They don't in real life.

Very impressed with this though! Glad we got to see a little more. Makes me really look forward for what's to come

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First ride feature, a Zierer Star Shape! Facebook Post

Thrill-seeking guests at your park are going to love this ride, wouldn't you agree?

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Also, I liked how they responded to this comment:

Show Atari how it's done
We're not interested in showing anyone up. We just want to make a great game because we're fans of park simulators too. We'll just make the best game we can, and do it all for the love of it.

-Dale

I know the focus is on the rides, but, this is actually really neat!

Edit: And just as I posted that, they post another video featuring "Physics Driven Realism":

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Looks like the realism goes beyond physical details, but also into the mechanics of the rides. How you build your rides affects the guests.

• 2 weeks later...

Dev Diary #2 - Rewarding Creativity

"Welcome to Dev Diary #2 - Rewarding Creativity. What you will be able to do with the building tools in Planet Coaster will allow you to create the next level of coaster parks."

Scenery placement, track building, and the very slick terraforming tool highlighted in this video!

This really does look like the Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 we've been waiting for.

Edited by Midgetman82

"This really does look like the Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 we've been waiting for."

Don't know why you made that so small, but I completely agree. This is the game we have all been waiting for. And I am so happy its coming from Frontier! They did the first ones with great success, then know how to do it again with new tech!

I know it's strange but I'm starting to feel sorry for the RCTW team. The whole thing really is a mess yet they seem so positive... where as Coaster Planet has been clear, savvy and focused from the get go, and the more info I get, the more my mind is blown with what a great game this is going to be not only for coaster fans, but all gamers. It really shows that the RCTW team are really just trying to get Atari out of the mire, while Frontier are already flourishing and therefore have the means to create a game that expands what we ever thought was possible in a theme park game.

And in the Coaster Head club's extra artwork, there are blue prints for RMC trains on RMC tracks. Exciting.