Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Kolmården Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:12 am

^ Great news! Thanks for the update

A few weeks ago people would've predicted Colossos to be open and Wildfire closed for 2017, not the other way around! :Pr
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby TrippinBillie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:32 am

And even with the delay and problems, STILL more reliable and "open" than Lightning Rod :lol:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Wildfire will remain closed during the detail planning process, city council decision to be held on June 19th

http://www.ekuriren.se/inrikes/kolmarden-slar-upp-portarna-utan-wildfire/

On Good Friday Kolmarden opens for the season. But Wildfire will be closed, despite earlier indications that the circumscribed roller coaster would open immediately. - We await the detailed planning process, says Helena Axelsson, spokeswoman for the zoo, to the NT.

Wildfire reopened a year ago, was soon shut down for safety reasons, but then open up again when the season began in earnest. The turmoil did not end there. When Kolmarden Zoo closed for years have been serious questions about the giant initiative's future. Land and Environmental Court then demanded a new detailed when the building permit was not enough for such a large building.

After several trips, it was recently announced that Wildfire could be kept open this year, in parallel with the paper process is ongoing.

Now runs the zoo, it appears, in consultation with the municipality of Norrköping. Detailed planning will continue until a decision has been taken in the city council on 19 June. During this process, the zoo decided not to restart Wildfire, type NT.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 am

Kolmården confirms: Wildfire will reopen this summer!

thumb_269c44aad7e46374ee2396cb6b76cba3_660_300_0.jpg

The Swedish animal and theme park Kolmården confirmed today that their wooden roller coaster 'Wildfire' will finally reopen during this summer holiday. When exactly will be communicated later.

Finally, Wildfire will soon open again after almost eight months of closure. The construction license of the RMC coaster was withdrawn in October last year due to possible negative noise disturbance for the environment, with uncertainty about Wilfdire's continued existence.

Early 2017, the Swedish construction and environmental committee decided not to break down the roller coaster, but Kolmården had to make a new detailed destination plan for the zone where Wildfire is located in. That plan has been submitted and is expected to be approved by the authorities next Monday. That means Wildfire will finally be able to reopen this summer holiday. That news has already officially been announced on the park's website: "Wildfire reopens soon! Soon more information about the magical reopening date."

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 am

^

:airtime: :airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

That's GREAT NEWS!!! We have so much video that we shot last year that I've been waiting to release! I figured it's a better idea to post the footage when the ride is actually open!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am

I am so excited, was visiting mainland Europe this year and I had almost lost hope (not that Phantasialand is bad but y'know, Sweden i'd prefer!)
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Postby viking86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am

That is great news! =)

robbalvey wrote:That's GREAT NEWS!!! We have so much video that we shot last year that I've been waiting to release! I figured it's a better idea to post the footage when the ride is actually open!

Awesome! I loved Wildfire, so looking forward to see the footage!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm

This is great news! This looks like one of the best RMCs and I may have a chance to ride it this fall.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Awesome news!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!