TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

What Coasterbill says. The Super 8 in Danville is about the closest. Easy drive to the park from there and the hotel is pretty much ok. When we stayed at the Super 8 there was some kind of monster truck rally or somthinoranother going on in the area and the crowd at the hotel was, um, well, interesting.

What's the closest thing to a real hotel near Knoebels?

There's a Holiday Inn Express not too far away that's pretty decent. It's across the road from a mostly abandoned, decaying, and rather creepy mall, without anything else around, so don't expect local extras...but the hotel is actually pretty nice.

http://hotelguides.com/hotels/pennsylvania/bloomsburg/157591.html

Yeah, it's a shame about the Columbia mall. I personally don't think it's creepy but it's definitely an eyesore. We drive past it on Interstate 80 pretty often on our way to Philadelphia.

Yeah, it's a shame about the Columbia mall. I personally don't think it's creepy but it's definitely an eyesore. We drive past it on Interstate 80 pretty often on our way to Philadelphia.

It's been a few years, so my memories but not be 100% accurate, but I vaguely remember going to check it out to kill time the night I got to the hotel, and having abandoned storefronts all over, half the lights burned out or shut off, big areas of the place dim or flickering like a bad horror movie. It's entirely possible it's not as bad as I remember, though.

Hmm...nope, online reviews on the place suggest that my memories are pretty much correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the closest thing to a real hotel near Knoebels?

Right outside of Elysburg is a place called Knights Inn. It's about 10 minutes from the park depending on traffic. I never stayed there since I live close by, but I have heard good things about it. Also, the location allows you to avoid any traffic coming from I-80. It wasused to be called Glossor Motor Inn until last year, in case you have any trouble finding it on a map.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. It's been a couple of years since I've been to Knoebels, due to my employment situations and all. I'm looking to go back this year in late June, before things back at work begin to get really busy in July.

I haven't been there since they added Impulse, so I'm wondering what kind of impact the ride has had on traffic flow through the park, so to speak. I usually like to hit the Twister first, then move on to Phoenix, and then head to the Haunted Mansion, cosmotron, and bumper cars after grabbing a quick bite. I like to show up early too, to stay ahead of the crowds, when possible.

Where should Impulse fit in with my little routine, if I decide to stick to it?

Oh, and this is some info for the person a few posts back, who asked about hotels in the area. There's a very nice Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg, which is about 20-30 miles Elysburg, which I think is well worth your time and money. There's also a Ruby Tuesday, a Cracker Barrel, and a good-sized convenience store, all within walking distance.

I don't really think Knoebels requires a strategy. Impulse and Flying Turns always seem to have lines. If you happen to get there early I'd hit one of them first (I'd honestly suggest Flying Turns) but I'd just hit Impulse whenever you feel like hitting it. It'll have a line, but whatever. It usually dies down as the day goes on but it's never that awful to begin with, I'd say 30 minutes tops on most days.

Impulse has a single rider line if that impacts your decision. I was able to get on within 10-15 minutes using that.

Did they ever start running more than one train on Impulse by the end of the season? During my only visit they only had one going and I saw on the forum that seemed to happen for others as well.

Did they ever start running more than one train on Impulse by the end of the season? During my only visit they only had one going and I saw on the forum that seemed to happen for others as well.

Every weekend I visited last season they were running at least two cars.

^The single rider line is iffy. On my last visit they weren't using it, when I asked about it the worker had no idea what I was talking about. The line for Impulse was much longer than usual, so my best guess is that's the reason why they didn't use it, but I don't know.

Generally they only use it when the queue starts filling up a bunch of the switchbacks, and you have to go up to the greeter at the entrance and ask for it. Not sure why the greeter in your case didn't know, maybe it was an issue of improper training.

When I was there during the second weekend of September, they were running two car operations, but weren't doing the single rider line.

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious - Has anyone here tried the Nickle Plate Bar and Grille at Knoebels Three Ponds Golf Course?

I'm thinking about trying the place during an upcoming trip, the prices seem reasonable and they serve alcohol.

http://www.knoebels.com/nickle-plate/the-nickle-plate-bar-grill

I've never heard of it but.....They have cheap pints of Yuengling so definitely go, which reminds me, you should make that stop in Pottsville to the brewery. I remember you mentioning it last season.

• 2 weeks later...

So everyone talks about how good the food is at Knoebels, but what specifically should I try when I get there that's good? What is YOUR favorite food at Knoebels? Just looking for recommendations. Dollywood has Cinnamon Bread, what do you gush over at Knoebels?