Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 15: new ride announcements for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:33 pm

It looks - totally - freekin' - awesome at night!

But I still probably won't ride it, lol. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

Amusement park in Denmark replaces two classic roller coasters

070119odin1.jpg

Two old roller coasters in a Danish amusement park will be replaced this year. Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen will close the powered coaster Odinexpressen and the children's roller coaster Karavanen. Two new roller coasters will replace them.

In 34 years time the three hundred meter long rollercoaster Odinexpressen, built by the German manufacturer Mack Rides, made almost thirty million trips. The top speed was 60 kilometers per hour. The same company supplies the replacement Mælkevejen ('Milky Way'), which becomes higher and quieter. The opening will take place in the Christmas season of 2019. There will also be a new station building.

Roller coaster Caravanen opened in 1999. The modest attraction in oriental style was sixty meters long and just over three meters high. At the start of the summer season in April there is a new, longer children's roller coaster at that place, with the same name.

The park also invests in new, modern bumper cars and a water playground. The existing Fatamorgana attraction - a 45-meter-high tower with rotating gondolas - will be slightly more spectacular thanks to the addition of tilting seats.

Because of the limited space, Tivoli Gardens regularly breaks down attractions. Last year the break dance attraction Snurretoppen had to clear the field.

070119odin2.jpg

070119odin3.jpg

070119odin4.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Odinexpressen was in my very humble opinion, one of The Fastest Powered Coasters
I remember ever riding, in my TPR travels. Ever. It was a real adrenalin ride. :smile:

And Caravanen was sweet, really short (almost Teeny Tiny in Tusenfryd!) but had one corner
on it that really whipped you around, LOL! The artwork for the new one looks great.

Thanks for posting the new news! :airtime:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Odinexpressen was in my very humble opinion, one of The Fastest Powered Coasters
I remember ever riding, in my TPR travels. Ever. It was a real adrenalin ride. :smile:

And Caravanen was sweet, really short (almost Teeny Tiny in Tusenfryd!) but had one corner
on it that really whipped you around, LOL! The artwork for the new one looks great.

Thanks for posting the new news! :airtime:

Odinexpressen was GREAT in 2014! I loved how they waved as you flew by in the station for the 2nd trip. They were also doing that in 2016 when I went back!

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

Tilting seats? How are they going to do that?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 pm

A.J. wrote:Tilting seats? How are they going to do that?

I’d assume the seats on the ’thrill’ side tilt outwards like they do on drop towers?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

My thoughts on that, was that they'd possibly/probably replace the two current circles of seats,
with new circles that have tilting seats. Easy? Don't know. We'll find out, I guess. :smile:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:48 pm

A.J. wrote:Tilting seats? How are they going to do that?

I remember one of these being announced last year or the year before, but I don't remember where.

EDIT: It looks like the proposed changes to Fatamorgana were proposed back in 2015, that's why is seemed so familiar to me. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638531#p1638531
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:29 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 pm

larrygator wrote:I remember one of these being announced last year or the year before, but I don't remember where.

EDIT: It looks like the proposed changes to Fatamorgana were proposed back in 2015, that's why is seemed so familiar to me. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638531#p1638531

Fatamorgana itself is a spin-off of the Condor flat ride, with two arms of outward-facing floorless seats in addition to two arms with the "regular" tubs, and it was built that way new.

I'm curious about the new tilt seats because of the way the outward-facing seats are currently set up. The way they designed the seats / molds / shells in the circle makes it look like they're basically going to have to replace the entire assembly for each arm. Not that they can't do it, mind you (they certainly can), but those sorts of little changes are fascinating to me.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm

OK,I get it now. The artwork from 2015 looked like titling seats to me.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!