Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 am

I have always thought they had one of the best kids areas of any park. I love the little play buildings, and there are a nice selection of rides, a petting zoo, a jungle gym thingy, and the foam ball play structure. Perhaps some rides could be switched out though.

Quality thrill rides are what the park is really starved for. The problematic zamperla power surge didn't really hit the spot, IMO.

I am holding out hope for a drop tower. That would really add something back without breaking the bank too much.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Kemotblue » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:I have always thought they had one of the best kids areas of any park. I love the little play buildings, and there are a nice selection of rides, a petting zoo, a jungle gym thingy, and the foam ball play structure. Perhaps some rides could be switched out though.

Quality thrill rides are what the park is really starved for. The problematic zamperla power surge didn't really hit the spot, IMO.

I am holding out hope for a drop tower. That would really add something back without breaking the bank too much.

Yes I agree it's a pretty good kids area. Some of the play structures are showing their age. The foam balls definitely need to be swapped out for new foam balls they are badly faded and weathered. Stuff on the pay gym needs to be updated so that it works. The rides in the kids area they have are based only for little kids to ride. Parents cannot ride with their child. So if they add a few rides parents can do with their child that would be great right now the only thing a parent can ride with their child is the Wild Kitty coaster. So if they revamp the section and a add few more rides a parent can ride. That would be good. If they can bring in some of the Looney Tunes characters for a meet and great area that would be helpful. My opinion doing this will impress your local General Public. Enthusiast well that won't impress them they will pass on this park But if the park does other things to I can see it working out for them in the long run. Thursday around the corner so we will see what happens at the park. Going to be interesting to see what Six Flags does taking back over the keys too this park. Also curious too what White Water Bay gets they kind of get skipped every other year for a new attraction. I can't wait too see what happens this Thursday.

Postby Kemotblue » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Looking forward to see what Frontier City posts for their new attraction tomorrow. Not expecting much from them since the park was just taken over earlier this summer. Will See I did go to their website and they now added Thanksgiving weekend to their "A Frontier Christmas"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:48 am

Frontier City, Oklahoma’s favorite theme park, will introduce an exciting, interactive new kids’ area that will be home to adorable new characters. The all-new Timber Town will feature four new, innovative attractions designed especially for the young thrill-seekers, plus enchanting new theming and fresh, re-imagined updates of the original children’s rides. Lovable characters like Bucky the Beaver, Hootie the Owl and Bubba the Bear will be on hand for lots of pictures with young guests.
Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 6.48.33 AM.png

Postby Kemotblue » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 am

The kids area needed to be updated badly and I'm glad the park is doing something adding family rides that parents can actually ride with their Children is a nice touch. Right now the only attractions in the kids area that parents can enjoy together. Is Wild Kitty and The Play structure. All the current kid rides in the area are too small for an adult. So good for them it will help build pass and memberships. Which in return Frontier City can have a larger attraction added in 2020.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:13 am

Looks good to me. This is a very appropriate upgrade for this park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 am

Holiday in the Park is the best part of this addition. It's a wonderful event!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

Postby Kemotblue » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Great news! I Found out tonight watching a live stream tonight about Fiesta Texas detailed plans. During the question and answer a guest aske if they can use their current Six Flags Pass/Membership at the new parks like Splashtown Houston and Frontier City in Oklahoma. They said Yes starting today the 2018 Six Flag passes/memberships can be used at the new parks.

Postby Kemotblue » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:38 pm

I also emailed the park about the new rides. My reply was that Wild Kitty is being removed for the new coaster "Frankie's Mini Mine train". Which is one of 3 brand new rides from Zamperla. The coaster being installed in Wild Kitty's area is a Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster model. Holiday in the Park has expanded the season with it now starting Black Friday with weekend only operations. then on the 18th the park is open everyday till january 6th. In that time frame two days the park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So I guess you can see Frontier City received a new roller coaster. LOL I'm glad the are refreshing an area that has not been touched since 1997.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:06 am

robbalvey wrote:...Lovable characters like Bucky the Beaver, Hootie the Owl and Bubba the Bear will be on hand for lots of pictures with young guests.

Are those Frontier City Mascots or new Mascots?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!