A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Or "I think I'm turning Japanese; I really think so."
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: A TPR Japan 2013 Trip Report

Postby Geauga Dog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Thank you for the great TR so far and for showing other aspects of Japan than just the parks. I can never get enough of Mega-Lite photos so thank you for all the aerials from the Ferris Wheel. Those look like amazing little rides.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GigaG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm

The more I see this, the more I wish there was a Mega-Lite in the States so I could compare it to Maveshark and I305 (once I someday get the untrimmed 305 credit.) Could one of these successfully open in America with no trimming/neutering or OTSRs?
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Great to see what you guys did before we met up, Robert.

Fixed - and :oops: - silly me.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 pm

SharkTums wrote:^You say to give up on the Zoo, but that's where they're making the bulk of their money and getting their guests through the doors. Would you believe that park saw 30k visitors in ONE day about a month before our visit? All due to those adorable tiger cubs we saw in the zoo. The zoo also was a LOT nicer than it used to be. Didn't seem nearly as terrible tiny typical Asian Zoo. The petting areas were nicely done and you could even go in the cage with lemurs! I'll gladly take the zoo if it means they'll put in a kickass ride like Kawasemi every 10 years!

Seriously. If any and every zoo could just put a clone of this ride in, I'd be eternally grateful.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Uberbluedragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 am

The closest chance we have of getting a megalite is when BGT removes Gwazi they could put a megalite in its place which could happen.(perfect spot, wanting a replacement coaster, and recent success with Intamin)

Postby rctneil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 am

I still think if Drayton Manor invest heavily, a Mega-Lite would be a fantastic addition and would really draw in the crowds. The issue seems to be that parks want rides they can easily market along worlds first and unique things but Mega-Lite do not really provide that. But what Mega-Lites provide in bucket loads, parks do not really seem to understand.

Any, that was a bit off topic. Really looking forward to the next part of the report when we take the bullet train down south.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby spongey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 am

Loving the TR mate, keep em coming!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 am

rctneil wrote:I still think if Drayton Manor invest heavily, a Mega-Lite would be a fantastic addition and would really draw in the crowds. The issue seems to be that parks want rides they can easily market along worlds first and unique things but Mega-Lite do not really provide that. But what Mega-Lites provide in bucket loads, parks do not really seem to understand.

Any, that was a bit off topic. Really looking forward to the next part of the report when we take the bullet train down south.

I agree that a Mega Lite would be perfect for Drayton; then again, I think a Mega Lite would be perfect for just about any park anywhere. ;)

Looking forward to your take on Hirakata, Robert--now that was a wacky place.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:Great to see what you guys did before we met up, Robert.

Fixed - and :oops: - silly me.

No worries at all, my friend! Neil and I have talked about swapping identities for awhile now. ;)

cfc wrote:I think a Mega Lite would be perfect for just about any park anywhere. ;)

QFT. They are like chocolate and bacon funnel cakes; EVERY park should have them.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Postby GigaG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:11 pm

By the way, are the MLs (Mega-Lites) more intense than Maverick? That is the closest analogue I'm familiar with - I've been on trimmed I305, but that was a few years ago. I'm mainly focusing on the airtime - is the "first" airtime hill (not the twisty one) similar to Maverick's first (awesome) hill, and are the final hops similar to Maverick's final hop?
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!