Phobias and Fear

What are you afraid of?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Can take balls to the face

Postby paintballer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:09 pm

Your Face.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Terror-Penguin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:45 pm

I have a big fear of falling off things. :|

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:18 pm

^ Agreed but im not scared of heights. I cant do the ropes course at my church camp during the summer and I enjoy the giant swing at the camp but hate the ladder when getting off.

SPIDERS & CLOWNS

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby cprocks22 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:41 am

I have a few so I'm just going to list them:
Bugs - Just thinking about them now makes my skin crawl. Strange thing is its just bugs, spiders don't bother me really.

Falling - Not roller coasters (I guess cause of the harness) but tall buildings and cliffs scare me.

Puking - Not so much myself puking but other people puking around me.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby krouvi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:37 am

I recently discover that if you really can't stand a certain food or item even if it's more as a disgust factor - it is still considered as a ppppphobia.
My most phobias are with bad smells : Ever since I remember myslef I can't stand the smell of matches and I would be happy not even see a box of matches near me. If somone light a match near me I am going away, it is even hard for me to write about it.
Food is nopt easy too - I can't stand Leek or broad bean - It started because of its smell when it's been coocked and now I can't stand it near me.
I once was in a market and it was a lovely day till we passed near a food stall with the horrible smell of broad bean cooked. I nearly puked and was in kind of a panic. Oh just thinking about it right now makes me uncomfortable. Bahhhhhhhhh

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bogeybo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm Catoptrophobic

(afraid of mirrors)

I roomed with Tony and lived to tell about it!

Postby philthephorce » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 pm

I guess it's not a full-on phobia, but I do have a problem I'd describe as some sort of social anxiety. If you're around me and you're relying on me to break the ice, be prepared for plenty of awkward silences... :?r

I'd kill to bang an Ewok

Postby Coasterlvr_nc » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 am

I know its rediculous, but when I am operating any of our rides at Carowinds, I cant stand the microphone. I just hate the idea of everyone hearing my voice, especially if I mess up, And thinking about it usually makes me screw up, or studder.

Same goes for Cameras and video cameras. I blame it on my shy personality.
Intamin is my way of life!
Get High on Roller Coasters, not Drugs!
Furry is Life
Nighthawk, -10 Crew

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vid_w » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 pm

I absolutely hate beeing anywhere high and non restrained...
Hell, even with restraints I don't feel really comfortable on some rides, like turbo booster... The thing is, I hate when I'm pulled out of the seat, not like airtime, but, when the seat is tilted 90 degrees forward, and you hang by your restraint... I've mostly come over this fear, but I still probably wouldn't ride Deja Vu...

Otherwise, I'm also a little claustrophobic... For instance, in the Emperor Tomb (Kaisergruft) In Vienna, I almost passed out....

And sometimes I totally panick in complete darkness, especially if there's weird noises...
It even gets so far, that if I'm home alone, I won't be able to fall asleep for several hours, becouse I'll be thinking about stuff that could happen, even tho it makes absolutely no sense...

Oh, and I fear things I cannot explain. A couple of years ago, I read a book called Encyclopedia of Secrets, and there was a lot of mysterious stuff in it, and after that I couldn't sleep for 5 days/nights...

Addicted to Chocolate Porsches

Postby gerd.muller » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:58 pm

first of all, flies! working as a chef, i can´t stand flies! whenever a fly is sitting on some food or fruits or anything, everybody in the kitchen knows to throw that stuff in the dustbin! you never know, where this fly was hanging round first (like on a dog-pooh or something comparable) before it sits on your food!

then, i can´t stand latex-gloves. even thinking of wearing them makes me shiver. it´s such a bad feeling when you have to wear them and the skin at your hands begins to get wet.... baaah!!!!!!

and then, i think the worst thing for me is when, for example in the line at the supermarket somebody stands very close behind me! i´m a man who needs some privacy (about 2-3 feet) around me!

oh, and not to forget: sweat! do you know that: saturday morning, you go to the bakery to get the family breakfast and in front of you, there is someone who:
-hasn´t taken a shower!
-thinks, that it´s not necessary to brush the teeth in the morning!
-smells like cigarettes and the cheap club he was last night!
-has greasy, stinky hair!
that´sa the worst way for me to start the day!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random