The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll

Submit your ballot TODAY!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll is now OPEN!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Turned my rankings in. Thanks to everyone who is making this poll possible. Can’t wait to see the results and see how far off my top 10 is from everyone. :b

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Here's a lengthy bug report for you guys, in decreasing order of frustration. (Operating System: Android. Browser: Google Chrome)

Error 1: If I either refresh the tab the ranking page is open in, or leave the ranking page in the same tab and go back to it, most of the bottom 20% move to random positions elsewhere in the list, and a large number of the coasters overall will have their number randomized; I even got a -2 rank displayed for Pepsi Orange Streak last time. This has happened many times and is especially frustrating because I have gone on something like 260 rankable coasters and it's taken me a week to think through each ride and reorganize everything.

Error 2: If I continuously scroll for more than roughly 50 positions in the ranking section in either direction (up or down), it will not stop scrolling in that direction until it reaches the top or bottom of the page. If I am currently dragging a coaster to a new position in the rankings, it will place the coaster at whatever position in the ranking it was when the "scroll loop" began. If this happens, then the only recourse to stop the scroll loop is to do a browser refresh, which then triggers Error 1.

Error 3: Sometimes when I touch the right side of the screen to scroll, it instead drags the coaster I tapped on; this usually happens somewhere in the right third of the entry.

Error 4: A couple times after the site autosaved my changes, the numbers (but not the positions) for a significant portion of the entries randomized.

Error 5: Somehow two Freedom Flyer (Fun Spot Orlando) entries made it into my list. I could independently position them and give them individual numbers. I had to remove both and do a screen refresh which (you guessed it!) triggered Error 1 in order to solve this. It hasn't happened a second time, however.

Error (?) 6: There seems to be a delay of 3 - 5 seconds between placing an entry in a new position and being able to select another one. Now that I think about more, perhaps that's actually a deliberately placed timed "selection pause"?

Error 7: The page appeared to scroll to different position when I switch to another tab and then returned to the ranking page a couple of times.

Error 8: A couple of times I tried to drag an entry to a new position, but the entry failed to move.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Wow. That's a lot that you're the only person to say anything about. Not that I don't believe you, just seems like there's more going on there.

You may want to try the spreadsheet view instead. It won't try to change numbers based on dragging, since that seems to be where most of your frustration comes from.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Thank you guys so much for saving our results from last year! Made this year's poll a breeze.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 am

^Yep--I second Ryan's thanks. I've been gradually updating mine from last year.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 am

I just did the poll. I am missing some coasters, mostly in Germany (Tripsdrill, the new kiddie in Holiday Park, some coasters in Europa Park, ...). Is this planned?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:25 am

Pedrinho wrote:I just did the poll. I am missing some coasters, mostly in Germany (Tripsdrill, the new kiddie in Holiday Park, some coasters in Europa Park, ...). Is this planned?

Rasender Tausendfüßler, Tabalugas Achterbahn, and Ba-a-a-Express don't meet our "minimum size" guideline to be included on the poll.

Eurosat was under renovation and didn't reopen until very late in 2018, it will be present on the 2019 poll. Arthur and Alpenexpress are powered coasters and therefore they don't qualify.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:14 pm

A.J. wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:I just did the poll. I am missing some coasters, mostly in Germany (Tripsdrill, the new kiddie in Holiday Park, some coasters in Europa Park, ...). Is this planned?

Rasender Tausendfüßler, Tabalugas Achterbahn, and Ba-a-a-Express don't meet our "minimum size" guideline to be included on the poll.

Eurosat was under renovation and didn't reopen until very late in 2018, it will be present on the 2019 poll. Arthur and Alpenexpress are powered coasters and therefore they don't qualify.

Oooh.. I'm sorry. I'm the idiot here. Sorry, it was my first time doing the poll. I also found Tripsdrill, it's listed under "Erlebnispark Tripsdrill", which is nothing but right.
Thanks for your explanations. I make sure to read better next time.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:15 pm

What time zone does the voting close at?

I finished ranking, but plan to ride two coasters today that should place pretty highly for me.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 am

Go ahead and "lock" your rankings before you go. Then, when you get home, unlock them and add your new coasters, then lock them again. No worries.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!