NEWS: £2 billion theme park "The London Resort" announced!

P. 3: Paramount partnership reignited, park to open in 2024!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: London Paramount Resort to feature BBC IP

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:59 am

Sorry for the double post, and hope it's OK to use this thread as a general Paramount London news thread, but they have just released a new video which has a lot of artists impressions from the park and resort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqGaf3-nIo&feature=youtu.be

15 million visitors seems quite optimistic if they're talking about park attendance, but as a resort I guess that will be easily achievable if they're also factoring in the City Walk style entertainment area etc etc.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:33 am

^Makes sense that Star Trek would have a big presence there, and I'm glad they're doing something with Rango (I presume it's a 4D movie).

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:02 am

I see they've started using Paramount Murcia artwork.

In that park, Rango is/was going to have a full land with lots of buildings, including a 4D theater, as well as a mine train coaster and river rapids.

As for the Star Trek coaster, in Spain that was originally going to be a clone of Warner Bros. Australia's Superman (Intamin hydraulic), but when Parques Reunidos was selected to manage the project, the Star Trek coaster changed to a clone of Kennywood's Sky Rocket (Premier LSM).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jazzimm » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:22 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:Sorry for the double post, and hope it's OK to use this thread as a general Paramount London news thread, but they have just released a new video which has a lot of artists impressions from the park and resort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqGaf3-nIo&feature=youtu.be

15 million visitors seems quite optimistic if they're talking about park attendance, but as a resort I guess that will be easily achievable if they're also factoring in the City Walk style entertainment area etc etc.

Interesting video.... I'd love to know what triggered Paramount to make the decision to go back into the Amusement Park part of the entertainment industry. The video sort of touted this as 'new' venture for them as if it's part of the industry that they've never explored before, but we all know they recently sold their chain of Paramount Parks after years of being in the industry. So why dive back in now? And why London?

Also, why Rango? Did that movie really do so well in theatres that it deserves an entire "world" in the theme park? Star Wars and Harry Potter "lands" I can understand because those are iconic stories that multiple generations know and generations to come will probably also know them for quite a while. But Rango? I would have expected Star Trek or something. Though I'm sure that's just one of many themed areas. It does look really cool, I'm just not sure people will still get the reference in 5-10 years... Must be planning a sequel lol

This is a pretty massive undertaking. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.
Meow!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:31 am

I've been waiting for another Star Trek ride for way to long. Can't wait for these to actually get built.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:57 am

A "Rango Land" could be cool--a nice spin on the "traditional" Old West theming found in many European theme parks. The movie had a look that was familiar (a western-movie town), yet distinctive (everyday objects as buildings, such as the Pepto Bismol bottle "outhouse").

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby lewis97 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but it's been suggested that the video is fake and uses concept images from Paramount Murcia. The youtube channel links to a Facebook page which isn't the official one as well. Admittedly it's certainly an impressive effort if it is indeed fake.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Oh if that's the case then I'm sorry - BDG mentioned that some of the artwork was from the Spanish project (which I don't know much about) so you're probably right as I'm pretty sure the two projects are completely independent of each other. I think Paramount are only really putting their name to the project and letting investors use their IP

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 am

Around 50 companies in the Swanscombe area have received letters asking for details on their stake in the land local to where the park is planned to be built (tenancy durations etc) which a lot of people are considering could be the first stage of compulsory purchases requiring them to relocate. The park have said that these letters don't necessarily mean that they will be bulldozing those businesses, but that it's part of the development process.

Often this will mean court cases as businesses try and protect themselves and fight for the best compensation, but it is positive in that the project still seems to be advancing. Tarmac have already said they will be selling their land on the peninsula to Paramount.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-32253887

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 am

New artwork...

Port Paramount :

Land of Legends:

Adventure Isle:

Not sure what to think of it.

On the one hand, it looks great... but on the other hand, everything looks like a Disney rip-off.
Nothing screams Paramount or even BBC.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!