Mitch Hawker's steel roller coaster poll 2013 !

Page 15 - Results are OUT!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Mitch Hawker's steel roller coaster poll 2013 !

Postby CPSFMMCW » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm

^ yeah, thats what I was referring to. Good job to shabhala, accurate rating. But still, interesting that they're well ranked in the Golden Ticket Awards, but they're not as high in this.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Generational » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:38 pm

For me, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I really think Bizarro at SFNE should be lower on the list. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but it surely doesn't trump Millennium Force or Shambhala. I even get more "giddy school-girl giggles" excitement out of Nitro. Who knows.
All American't

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:41 pm

^Ditto.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:08 pm

simon8899 wrote:Interesting Fav Vekoma Boomerang still scores so low - but many have not yet ridden one with Vekoma's new trains featuring the vest-style OTSR which are a BIG improvement.

IMO a Boomerang is a Boomerang. Sure the new trains help but a "BIG improvement" is taking a nearly unrideable coaster like Texas Giant and transforming it.

New trains oh a Boomerang? Meh... Pretty much the same experience... But slightly more comfortable.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

^Agreed. When you get down to it, it's still just a Boomerang.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Generational wrote:For me, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I really think Bizarro at SFNE should be lower on the list. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but it surely doesn't trump Millennium Force or Shambhala. I even get more "giddy school-girl giggles" excitement out of Nitro. Who knows.

I disagree, Bizarro has the best of both worlds. Crazy airtime and Awesome G force. I think the layout is better than MF. I thought MF was great but lacking in airtime.

This poll is much better than golden ticket IMO.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Generational » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:
Generational wrote:For me, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I really think Bizarro at SFNE should be lower on the list. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but it surely doesn't trump Millennium Force or Shambhala. I even get more "giddy school-girl giggles" excitement out of Nitro. Who knows.

I disagree, Bizarro has the best of both worlds. Crazy airtime and Awesome G force. I think the layout is better than MF. I thought MF was great but lacking in airtime.

This poll is much better than golden ticket IMO.

Fair point. Although the change from S:ROS to Bizarro has never sat right with me. If they were to change it back, then it would fair slightly better with me.
All American't

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Not disappointed with the results, but disappointed that I haven't ridden a lot more of these Top Ten coasters!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

What strikes me about the results is the sheer volume of decent steel coasters around. Even beyond the top 10, the top 100 or so are all really solid rides.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Yay NTAG, Maverick and iRat! A little surprised to see X2 at 21; the bump from last year may be modest, but it's the best ranking it's had in years. I noticed plenty of other changes, mostly in the middle rankings, that looked significant enough to be interesting, but I suppose it could just be the different comparisons or voter opinions from year to year.

I'm relieved that iRat debuted in the top 10. I'd heard descriptions ranging from awesome and in some cases stronger than NTAG, to tamer than expected. I think I like it a bit more than NTAG.

Was I really the only one who voted Rainier Rush?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!