Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Genx24 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:29 am

I wonder if other guests had confrontations similar to the one I had with the groupers on Wicked Cyclone, and people complained.
Total Coasters: 140

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Sluggo77 wrote:Good news. The park is now allowing choice of seats on Wicked Cyclone and on Superman during the non VR hours.

Is it fill in any available row or do they let you wait multiple trains for a specific seat?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventuredome & Big Apple Coaster (aka Manhattan Express)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ark18 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 am

Any of you TPR folks heading to SFNE this Friday August 26th and fancy a meet up? Heading to Boston and thinking about making an impulsive trip down there to finally ride Superman (before 1pm...) as I've been wanting to ride that thing for years. Does it run just as well as when it first opened years ago besides the new themes or not so much...

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:06 am

ark18 wrote:Does it run just as well as when it first opened years ago besides the new themes or not so much...

No, but it's still a great ride. It's not rough or anything it's just a bit sluggish and has stupid restraints. If you can, ride it in row 1. It used to be a back seat ride but now it's a front seat ride.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:14 am

Sluggo77 wrote:Good news. The park is now allowing choice of seats on Wicked Cyclone and on Superman during the non VR hours.

Now for the million dollar question...

Is it because it is near the end of the season and the park is understaffed? Or is this permanent now?
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 am

coasterkid124 wrote:Is it because it is near the end of the season and the park is understaffed? Or is this permanent now?

On Wicked Cyclone the Flash Pass person also serves as the grouper so I'm sure they're still there since they're essential to being able to sell Flash Passes. It's not a position you can cut. I'm cautiously optimistic on this one.

Postby Genx24 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 am

Superman sluggish? I was there two weeks ago and the thing was flying. Granted I didn't ride it before 2014, but this year were probably the best rides I had on it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:

Is it fill in any available row or do they let you wait multiple trains for a specific seat?

They are filling the station and you can wait and pick.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Genx24 wrote:Superman sluggish? I was there two weeks ago and the thing was flying. Granted I didn't ride it before 2014, but this year were probably the best rides I had on it.

It's sluggish and yes the restraints stink compared to the original trains before the Bizzaro switch over. It's still an awesome ride though.

Postby Genx24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 am

I wouldn't call any ride I've ever had on Superman sluggish, but like I said, I never rode it in it's heyday. Agree that the restraints are awful.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!