Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

Page 19: Zamperla Volare announced for 2013
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

Postby RyanTPM » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:36 am

I visited in october and the quality of their coasters wasn't great. Also the throughput was terrible, Kumali could have been close to doing ten minute dispatches.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Stu K » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 am

Agreed about the load times especially mumbo jumbo. But love Kumarli , Velocity and Mumbo Jumbo. The spining kiddie coaster is insane.
For a family park not a bad line up they dont have the budgets of the merlin parks. Yes they may not be as WOW as some coasters but a pretty Solid line up. Just need that woodie.

Stu K

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Thisisruss » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 am

Stu K wrote:Any idea on manufacturer? Is this for 2015? Was thinking it was just old rumors been recycled .Hope it turns out to be true a big fun would fit corkscrew site and proberbly not need planing as it would be slightly smaller than the ride removed!

Stu k

It's going to be very similar or a clone of Roar-o-saurus at Story land New Hampshire. It will be manufactured by Gravity Group.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am

Stu K wrote:Agreed about the load times especially mumbo jumbo. But love Kumarli , Velocity and Mumbo Jumbo. The spining kiddie coaster is insane.
For a family park not a bad line up they dont have the budgets of the merlin parks. Yes they may not be as WOW as some coasters but a pretty Solid line up. Just need that woodie.

Stu K

They have a good lineup of rides for a park on a small budget yes, but they have no excuse for those dispatch times. Hero is the worst coaster i've been on and velocity was not much better. Honestly, velocity has a good launch but is very, very rough.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:00 pm

I think a small woodie would be perfect for Flamingo Land and hopefully get the UK back into adding wooden coasters!
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Stu K » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks for info hope it happens for 2015!

yes load times bad thought Mumbo jumbo with 2 cars was pain full lol.

Stu K

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 am

Yes please!

Postby Stu K » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:19 am

Thanks for that was just heading to you tub for a look! Slightly smaller than fun spots white lightening somewhere between zipper dipper and roller-coaster at BPB .

YES Please indeed!

Stu K

I Love Donkeys!

Postby David0069151 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:50 pm

will prob not happen but imagen a woodie through and around the zoo, theres some pretty nice formed terrain aswell for some serious airtime, but im not complaining at all if they get a wood coaster, not many other uk parks are getting them and the only other uk park that is getting one looks pretty bad, forceless and a small version of mean streak.

Low to the ground airtime hills and i think alot of people will be happy =)

Postby Stu K » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 am

Not a lot of news from Flamingoland on anything new for 2015. Maybe they will not need planning permission if its a Corkscrew replacement.

Stu K

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!