Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

P. 118 - Icon Front Seat POV and Rider Cam!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby Markharper » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 pm

StealthFan wrote:So reading the paper a couple of days ago it seems one fan of the Pleasure Beach decided to convert one of the parks of Log Flume boats in to a car!

DSC00870.JPG

Would you like to drive this crazy log flume car or would you rather someone turned an old coaster train in to a car? Comment below and let us know!

The weight is an important factor when converting.
The log was 500kg before I put anything in it, so a roller coaster would need some serious power to drive it.
I have been after a ghost train car. I have converted 3 dodgems already and would like something different.
DSC00800.JPG

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:41 am

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has now reopened and there is now a huge, gaping space in the middle of the park for their new 2017 ride. The space has been created by removing the Tom Sawyer Bridge which was one of the main routes across the park, and replaced by a new bridge which is closer to the Avalanche (which had supports changed to accommodate this).

It goes to show how parks like Cedar Point are nowhere near running out of space when a park as packed as Blackpool has so much space to develop just by moving a bridge.

Pictures from Theme Park Worldwide :)
bpbbridge.jpg
bpbbridgegone.jpg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:23 am

^That's certainly quite a large space for the 2017 ride, plus, that bridge looks much nicer than the Tom Sawyer one!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:52 am

Yes it looks really nice! I know Amanda Thompson isn't very popular with enthusiasts but I love what she's done with the park and think it's looking really nice nowadays.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:50 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:Yes it looks really nice! I know Amanda Thompson isn't very popular with enthusiasts but I love what she's done with the park and think it's looking really nice nowadays.

I think the reason for that is because most enthusiasts are dumb and terrified of change. I have all the respect in that world for Amanda because she isn't afraid to change things up and do what she believes is best for the park and her family legacy.

The park does have a surprising amount of room left to install new attractions when you think about it. There is this new area, the area behind Infusion, fountain garden by Ice Blast and if they removed Grand Prix there would be a huge amount of space.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Yep, you're right, and as the Big One goes to show, you don't even need huge space for even massive coasters, all it takes is moving a couple of rides and being a bit creative with where the ride goes.

BTW apparently the ride is planned for 2018 now, not 2017 as I said in my post :)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 pm

^I know there was some rumors saying it'd be 2018 now, but there's really nothing that shows it's been delayed with that whole area cleared already and the bridge gone. I'd probably still say 2017 with what was said in the original interview revealing the project.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby thedazza » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:59 am

StealthFan wrote:
KarlaKoaster wrote:Yes it looks really nice! I know Amanda Thompson isn't very popular with enthusiasts but I love what she's done with the park and think it's looking really nice nowadays.

I think the reason for that is because most enthusiasts are dumb and terrified of change. I have all the respect in that world for Amanda because she isn't afraid to change things up and do what she believes is best for the park and her family legacy.

The park does have a surprising amount of room left to install new attractions when you think about it. There is this new area, the area behind Infusion, fountain garden by Ice Blast and if they removed Grand Prix there would be a huge amount of space.

Apparently Grand Prix is being removed to fit the new coaster in. And if the coaster is a Mack launch/multi launch that has been rumoured then that will certainly help her popularity with enthusiasts.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 am

Given the room it takes up and the dreadfully slow ops on Grand Prix I would be delighted to see the back of it.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:29 am

So, I haven't been to the park since 2008, and don't know the layout very well. Where is the new bridge located?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!