TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I wish Lagoon would take a lesson from Hansa Park and build the ride to be operational ASAP, work on the themeing after the fact. It took Karnan, what, three years to be fully themed?

There are different theme park expectations between Europe and the United States.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We decided to take a quick drive (6 hours) from Vegas up to Lagoon, just north of Salt Lake City this past weekend. We had to get a haunt in this year.    Even though the park was busy and mask

I just visited yesterday (10/11). The crowds were very manageable. I didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything, although it did get more crowded in the evening with Frightmares. However, my friend

If it's anything like it was 2 years ago you can straight-up wheel in a cooler full of beer. I think they've also since built a beer garden. Maybe a local knows more about the specific rules... P

Posted Images

Despite living about an hour away, I went to the park for the first time this season today. It was a fun day! I love this little park. Some thoughts on the rides:

Cannibal: Great as ever. Still a top 10 for me, and possibly my favorite first drop on any roller coaster. The amount of insane ejector air on that drop is ridiculously satisfying. The Lagoon roll ain't half bad, either!

Jet Star 2: "mini colossus" in my opinion. It's quite forceful and much more thrilling than it looks.

Colossus: I can't help but love this ride. It's a people eater, meaning it never has a line. Rode in the front, back, and middle, and I like the back the best (although they don't always let you choose your row). The ride is really forceful and gets so close to the ground at the end that the advice "keep your hands in the car" becomes very, very important. Man, what a ride!

Spider: Fun as always. Didn't spin too much this time around. I liked Sierra Sidewinder better.

Roller Coaster: Honestly, not as good as I remembered. My GP friends were not fans, but I enjoyed the ride. You can get some mini-pops of air in the front and the back, but nothing too crazy. It's a little shaky, but what else can you expect from a 1920 roller coaster? It has a really nice classic feel.

Bombora: Fun with good capacity; a great fit for the park. Surprisingly forceful on the helix.

Puff: I caved and got the credit. My friends were super embarrassed; I made them ride with me

Terror Ride: Surprisingly well done. A little morbid for my taste, but fun nonetheless.

Wicked: Eh. The tower and the well-designed zero-g roll were the only redeeming qualities. I'm sorry, but this ride has not aged well. The bottom of the drop hurt my back a bit, and all the turns and curves were all too rough to enjoy. I'm praying that Cannibal does not end up like this in a few years!

The park has an amazing collection of flats. A lot of flats make me sick, so I normally skip them. If you're into flat rides, though, you'll enjoy Lagoon.

Took a look over toward Primordial as I rode Rocket, though. I didn't get a picture from up there for obvious reasons, but it looks pretty interesting. There's what looks to be the start of an irregular-shaped building. I wish I could tell you more, but despite living close I rarely find the time to actually visit the park.

• 3 weeks later...

So, my time off has been approved and I am planning my West Coast trip.

Lagoon is not really near CA, but its not near anything really and since I apparently get out west every 6 years, I figure might as well make my layover Salt Lake City and check it out? Cannibal and the Schwarzkopf's alone seem worth it!

What crowds can be expected on a Sept weekend (like the Sat the 7th or Sun the 8th)? Earlier I was not sure on dates but now Im 99% certain it'll be one of those days. In general, how much time is needed to do the park and in general what can be expected?

I recall earlier some were saying there is reliable, easy public transport to get from the airport to lagoon without any need for rental car/uber/etc?

I used a car during my one trip there simply because I needed to store my luggage somewhere. It is probably 20 minutes from the airport if I remember correctly, so an Uber wouldn't be too costly.

Wicked and Cannibal both have single rider lines that can save you a lot of time.

I think the biggest thing with Lagoon is whether or not you only care about the coasters. I thought I would have enough time to leave in the middle of the day to ride the nearby mountain coasters, but I absolutely needed a whole day there to do all the non-coasters and get rerides on everything.

I also recommend a full day at Lagoon. There are several great (classic) flat rides, Pioneer Village, a couple water rides such as Log Flume and Rattlesnake Rapids, and more in addition to the coasters.

Remember that Lagoon has a couple single rider policies (I don't know if you'll be alone or not). You cannot ride in the front or back row of any of the coasters, outside of Cannibal and Wicked since they seat 4 across. You also cannot ride Jet Star 2 without a partner. Sometimes you can pair up with another single in line or an employee may ride with you, but just keep that in mind.

It's a wonderful park with lots of charm that separates it from corporate parks. If you end up visiting on Sunday the 8th I may drive down and meet up if you're willing. I have a couple friends that will likely want to go as well.

Depends on the quality of the flats. If a park has the type of flats I've seen before/nothing real stand out I won't lie I tend to skip em all. If they're good/unique I will deff wanna hit them up, and I always go for re-rides.

I will indeed be alone, I did know about the single rider policy and figured I will just not take the very back row, and would have to hope someone or some group would let me tag on for Jet Star 2.

That said, I will soon put out a concrete date and if anyone wants to meet up, naturally the more the merrier.

This thread is making me sad. I was in SLC for a ski trip in March. Drove up to Jackson Hole for the weekend and on the way back into SLC on a Sunday Night I drove right by Lagoon and was surprised to see it already open. If I has known it opened in March I wouldve planned a day there. I always thought it was a tiny park but now after reading reading this thread I missed a good one.

Next time I guess.

Lagoon is awesome. They have a ton of great, unique rides. You need a full day. Going to Lagoon and only doing coasters would be a travesty.

Awesome. I mean yeah Im all for that, its just rare parks seem to have much these days. I mean I will always do a giant frisbee, or I finally got to try an infamous Larson super loop (I got to do both at SFoG!) but yeah parks just lack unique rides. Its a shame. If Lagoon has got it, awesome.

There's the Green Line light rail that connects the airport to the commuter train that has a stop across Interstate 15 from Lagoon. There's a free shuttle that connects that train station to the park.

I would say we have a lot a flat rides. Some of the more unique or classic ones are; Samurai (Mondial Top Scan)

Rock-O-Plane (Eyerly Aircraft Rock-O-Plane)

Flying Aces (Bisch Rocco Flying Skooters 10; and they allow you to snap the cables!)

And if you're into dark rides, Lagoon has 2 Bill Tracy rides; Dracula's Castle and Terroride. Terroride was just refurbed a couple season's back and is phenominal, but Dracula's Castle has aged. Its slated to get a refurb for the next season, but it's rumor only.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Honestly the one reason I started planning this was the fact there is public transport getting you from the airport to park. I miss public transport!

That sounds great, especially some cable snapping! I am sure I will spend the whole day. Seems like a wonderful park, and having never been to SLC I cant wait to see the city too

I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.

Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know

• 3 weeks later...
I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.

Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend checking out the Olympic Park in Park City. During the summer, they have zip lines, extreme tubing, ropes courses, free falls, airbag jump, etc. You can buy a one day pass and it includes all of these activities. We did a combined Lagoon and Olympic Park trip two years ago and had a blast.

https://utaholympiclegacy.org/location/utah-olympic-park/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_HztPeq5AIVBNVkCh27HwuIEAAYAiAAEgKwU_D_BwE

I will be up at Roller Coaster the Evening of September 7th. I can probably come up that morning to meet you.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If you'll have a car, take a morning or afternoon to drive the Bonneville Salt Flats to the west of the city. Truly one of the most otherworldly things I've ever done. Nearly two hours of driving in a perfectly straight line, nothing but white to the left and right, pure blue sky, and the black outline of the mountains in Nevada in front. Make sure you turn off to the raceway on the western end. If the weather's been dry you can drive your car onto the salt and have a little fun.

Yup, no pressure or obligation, I am always prepared to park it up forever alone, but if anyone will/wants to be at Lagoon Sat Sept 7, I shall be there.

Ooohh....Im a bit of a car guy, the Salt Flats sounds like a damn tempting idea. I never would've thought of that. Since it seems SLC has great public transport, which also can get you from the airport to Lagoon I wasn't planning on having a car, but I may see, since I want to try and get some hiking/seeing in.

I’ve never been to a coaster meetup before, but if I didn’t already have tickets to ComicCon for the 7th I would definitely have considered coming. Hope you have fun; Lagoon is an amazing place! I was there for a few hours today and the crowds weren’t bad at all.

Most of Lagoon’s coasters are fine to do as a single rider. You just can’t sit in the very front or very back of Colossus or Roller Coaster. Cannibal as a single rider is heavenly.

Jet Star 2 doesn’t allow single riders, and neither does the log flume or the rapids ride, so you’ll have to hop on board with a family. The wild mouse doesn’t require anyone to sit next to you, but there has to be someone else in the car. That’s all I can think of right now, but overall Lagoon is pretty easy to do solo if that does end up being your day. It doesn’t cover a large geographical area either so you can crisscross without too much difficulty.

Really wish I could join you on the 7th as well, but I'm the one that chose to do marching band and our first football game performance is on Saturday. I was at Lagoon today though and like ^ said, there were very mild crowds. I guess people in Utah prefer other activities besides theme parks on Labor Day weekend.

Have fun. It's a nice park. I marathoned Colossus the last hour of operation and it was worth every second.

Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!

It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!

Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!

It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!

In case you weren't aware, Costco has the best price on All Day Passports.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well full review to come, but it was certainly a nice park and Cannibal was interesting. Good ride, just oh if it wasn't for those trims and if it was a little longer what a knock out it could've been!

^I agree the trims can sometimes hit a little hard, but I have never had an issue with Cannibal's length personally.

Glad to hear you liked the park. I honestly like some of their flat rides more than many of the coasters. Rock-O-Plane, Centennial Screamer, Samurai, and Air Race are all tons of fun.

Yes, nice park. Great "feel" lots of greenery, it was a nice place but unlike many "smaller" parks this has quite a large selection of rides. Not just coasters but yeah many great flats.

Oh the length of Cannibal was no issue just wish it was a bit longer, my only real knock though is just the trims. Deff did hit hard, just a shame it cause ya can notice and oh the epicness of flying around that element at such speed.

That said I was unsure how I'd feel about the ride and was deff fun. Would prob stop again at least for a few hours next time Im out there, either with someone or make sure I plan with enough time for a meet up so I can get Jet StarII

• 2 weeks later...