TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I can bet you whoever manages the website is getting a fine scolding right now, and their job is being questioned.

Anyway Shot Rod is officially confirmed. *puts on 50's black shades* Lets ride! So I'm guessing they're going to announce on the 7th with artwork, etc. then give the animation on the 26th?

Ok, that's exciting we have a bit of confirmation, but it's a bummer that we might have to wait a bit longer Not that big of a deal, though - the hype should definitely build with two announcements!

And with that little leak, I'm pretty sure we have further confirmation of a non racing woodie because if it was racing they would have put the title as "first racing launched wooden coaster"

Also, the topper track is probably what they will use because they cannot market IBox as wooden.

That's inexcusable that HFEC's own web people have leaked their own announcements for two major coasters in a row. I mean, the rumors already had it pretty much figured out, but an official leak is a whole extra deal. They just don't understand how important it is to not update things live with sensitive info like that. When I worked in web dev we always developed on private servers first and pushed things live all at once when they were supposed to be. It's not that difficult of a concept.

Whatever though, at least that answers a lot of questions and now we can focus on getting hyped for the layout.

I don't think it's photoshopped... If you search something in the search box on the Dollywood website, it would direct you to the search results, which the leak, fake or not, looks identical to the search terms (btw, I embedded an image below with results for mystery mine just to see what it looks like). If something was leaked, it would make sense for it to show up the way it did, so as of right now, I think it may be real but that's just my opinion.

As for the typos, those definetely aren't easily maken typos so I don't know if those were intentional and this was fake or if they could have just been by accident and not caught and corrected. They are hard to make out though so maybe they just slipped by the eyes of a proofreader. And it's not like they were going to be looking too hard because this wouldn't be about to release - they would have plenty time later to edit it.

They also had some other things in there that they wouldn't have had if this was ready to go and release (ie. HI RES, LO RES terms), so I don't think it was meant to be released and was not an intentional leak or fake. Would the park or someone else be that evil to photoshop something or fake it?

And also, it wouldn't make sense for the park to release this intentionally or as a fake because they want to keep the hype up for this and not let the details trickle out...

That's just my opinion though.

image.thumb.jpg.cd31aeb36579273e3127815e21a9a3e5.jpg

And with that little leak, I'm pretty sure we have further confirmation of a non racing woodie because if it was racing they would have put the title as "first racing launched wooden coaster"

This doesn't confirm anything, it's a leak or it's probably a "leak" (i.e. bone, for us to chew on) by the PR and Marketing people. Y'all, this is not their first rodeo.

^I really don't think that's how DW's PR team would choose to tease us. It definitely looks like web dev guys are preparing the new pages for the announcement and they messed up by not using dummy text. I've seen it many times before (especially on HFE websites). That said, theoretically you could just edit the site's html in-browser to make it read whatever you want - no need for photoshop. I'm all for casting doubt on the image, let's build back the suspense!

^You know PR Pete reads and sometimes responds to this thread, right? He knows that we're drooling over this, which is a good thing. For them, they're getting our (coaster enthusiasts) attention (at no cost to them!). The GP will likely never see that "leak", and if they did it doesn't reveal any details that are not already public. The teaser construction wall lets the public know something new is coming. It doesn't harm anything...IJS.

You said it yourself: "I've seen it many times before (especially on HFE websites)."

They KNOW better, at this point, how this works and what to do.

It's a really nice job by one of the Photoshopping donkeys on here but, alas, we didn't do it. I look forward to bringing you the real ride announcement sometime very, very soon. I think you will be even more excited then.

Thanks Pete!

A bit concerning that people thought it was real with the amount of misspellings in it!!

It's a really nice job by one of the Photoshopping donkeys on here but, alas, we didn't do it. I look forward to bringing you the real ride announcement sometime very, very soon. I think you will be even more excited then.

So Pete when is the website teaser going to go live?

Glad to see Pete hasn't shot down any of my info! LOL

As for the fake web search...I've never known a marketing team to finish animations, photos, and press releases a full month ahead of schedule. hahaha

As for the photo above, yup, gonna see LOTS of progress between now and the announcement! Buckle up!

I can bet you whoever manages the website is getting a fine scolding right now, and their job is being questioned.

Anyway Shot Rod is officially confirmed. *puts on 50's black shades* Lets ride! So I'm guessing they're going to announce on the 7th with artwork, etc. then give the animation on the 26th?

I'm guessing. They confirmed a while back that an announcement would take place on August 7th, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone here know how long you will be able to purchase the DreamMore Resort Founders Club Premium Memberships? I got an email about them yesterday and seems like a prett nice little incentive that includes a one day park ticket and a voucher for a 2nd free night with the purchase of one night they stay. All the info I can find says the coupon is valid for one year but I can't find any info on how long they will be available for purchase?