TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

IN terms of Dollywood crowds during Rod Run. I actually find it lower than normal. Most of the people there are wives and kids wanting to get away from the cars.

Traffic is HORRENDOUS in Pigeon Forge. Last year it took us almost an hour to get to our hotel which was mainly backroads. My advice is to stay in Sevierville and take the backroads in to the park.

Yeah I find them very accurate. Not as accurate as Disney but Disney actually uses real wait times that they determine by giving random guest little cards to hold while they are in line.

I find Dollywood much more accurate than six flags

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem it took them long to get it back up and going though.. from your post it seems like it was down less than an hour? Not bad! Hopefully it doesn't start rumors that it's unsafe. It's normal for launch coasters to have the occasional rollback

In regard to the rollback, does anyone know how far the train got up the lift hill (in this instance or others)?

In this instance, it stopped about halfway on the hill while the train was still over the LSM's. It was my first time ever seeing a rollback on the coaster.

I saw a rollback on Top Thrill Dragster, which was also kind of cool. I mean the train was empty, and they probably purposely did a rollback, but I still got to see a rollback

In regard to the rollback, does anyone know how far the train got up the lift hill (in this instance or others)?

In this instance, it stopped about halfway on the hill while the train was still over the LSM's. It was my first time ever seeing a rollback on the coaster.

I saw a rollback on Top Thrill Dragster, which was also kind of cool. I mean the train was empty, and they probably purposely did a rollback, but I still got to see a rollback

I saw rollback testing on Lightning Rod when I was there earlier this year but I've never seen it roll back not on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem it took them long to get it back up and going though.. from your post it seems like it was down less than an hour? Not bad! Hopefully it doesn't start rumors that it's unsafe. It's normal for launch coasters to have the occasional rollback

It took a little less than 30 minutes before it reopened. All I know is that riders were evacuated after the rollback. I then saw maintenance head towards the train and worked on it. The train remained motionless on the track section right in front of the lift hill. And that is true.

CONGRATULATIONS to the award-winning team @ Dollywood for bringing home 4 Golden Ticket Awards in 2016!!!

1. Best New Ride of the year: LIGHTNING ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Friendliest Park!

3. Best Shows!

4. Best Christmas Event, Smoky Mountain Christmas!!!

Our home park consistently delivers on outstanding guest experiences & sets the industry standards for innovations & high quality rides and attractions!

http://www.coaster101.com/…/golden-ticket-awards-2016-winn…/

#LightningRod #Goldenticketawards #Smokymountainchristmas

So essentially Dollywood just took the technical rehearsal sign down at the front gatr and took it off their site but sounds like it is still in tech rehearsal.. I can see this really upsetting people if it ends up being closed a lot for entire days!

Edited by dstephe9

Anybody at the park today? Was wondering how the crowds were with the Rod Run folks in town.

On the app the wait times looked EXTREMELY low but Lightning Rod was closed all day.

It was open in the beginning at least according to the app it had a 5 min wait first thing, then when I checked at lunch, it was closed for the day.

Anybody at the park today? Was wondering how the crowds were with the Rod Run folks in town.

On the app the wait times looked EXTREMELY low but Lightning Rod was closed all day.

I hope everyone knows that the park IS closed today, Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout September and just closed Tuesdays throughout October...

The guy that asked the question about anybody being at the park was posted yesterday, and our response while posted today, were about yesterday. I think everyone is aware for the simple fact that everyone scratches their heads when looking at Dollywoods operating schedule.

So anyone heard why Dollywood Express has been closed? We are going on three weeks almost 4 that it has been down I believe? Just curious if anyone has heard and rumors? Someone told me he thought it was due to us not having much rain recently and how it started a small fire a few years ago but I don't know how much truth there is to that

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything? It's listed as closed today as well

How I would like to be there right now. 5pm on Wednesday and not a 1 minute wait. WOW!!!!

Yup, it was the same last Wednesday.. essentially a walk on.. I'd walk up the ramp, they would tell me what row I was assigned to and just wait for the train to complete the circuit. I really enjoyed it, got several rides in!

I was just looking at this and thinking about it. I'm going next weekend and sure hope the wait times are around this. I don't want the park to feel apocalyptic but you know.

It actually wasn't very apocalyptic lol mostly old people shopping and all the shows where filled to the max last Wednesday. Just no lines for rides.

So at times the park felt crowded and congested but mainly around the front