TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Well at least this thread is conversing over something instead of staying completely dead for days. Haha like the conversation is great, and interesting. With the construction update, I as well can't wait to see the new look of Jukebox Junction. I hope that when you walk in, 50's/60's music is playing loud in the speakers, the GemTones are twisting and shouting and the area is back to life.

^^ From my many trips to the park since they have had these, they've been horribly inaccurate. I assume there may be some bugs that still need to be worked out, but if they never work better than what i've experienced with them, it was a complete waste of money for the park. Just tonight the one at Blazing Fury said 10min, i peeked my head in and line was near the top of the first down ramp. That would be a 35-40 min wait at least.

Blazing Fury's wait time was also inaccurate when I rode saturday. It said 0 minutes but it was a 10 minute wait. Also does anyone know if Dollywood broke the attendance record saturday? I heard one of the employees mention something about it but I'm not sure it's true. It was so packed saturday, I had a difficult time navigating through all the people. It was shoulder to shoulder.

Yeah, Saturday was a nightmare! Wall to wall people. I'm not generally claustrophobic, but getting around was not fun at all. Thankfully we were there to shop more than anything else. I love those new ride wait signs. They look real nice, and once they get the bugs worked out, I'm sure they will work great for the GP. Fortunately we have Gimpa-O. (That's a combination of Grampa-O and gimp.) Not only is he great for getting on rides, but having a gimp also works great for navigating crowds. Just have him run interference and line up right behind him. Kinda like a halfback or fullback behind a offensive tackle of guard. Just imagine everyone else as the line of scrimmage and you are in constant motion heading to the goal line. Only the goal line is the glass blower or Wild Eagle.

The family and I were contemplating coming down this weekend but I do know Dollywood had a special screening of Coat of Many Colors for certain guests and seems like the impact of the movie caused a lot of people to just visit, along with the strange 73 degree weather. Friends of mine went to the park in short sleeves and shirts, when last year I had to wear gloves and 2 layers because it was a high of 24 degrees.

I did hear a couple of ride-ops say they broke an attendance record Saturday and that was why they extended the hours to 10pm. It was busy for sure.

As for the ride wait time system, I found it to be helpful but not completely accurate. It gave you an idea of which ride to stay away from, i.e FCE with a 45 minute wait....

If I ever saw a person wait 4-5 hours for FCE I would just look at them with a face saying "Why?". Yes don't get me wrong, fun coaster, but not worth the time that could be spent riding Wild Eagle around 20 times.

I rode Firechaser Express a couple times last time I went to Dollywood, but the lines got really long, so me and my cousin (an 8 year old girl who isn't afraid of any coaster) marathoned Wild Eagle for about an hour with no wait.

If I ever saw a person wait 4-5 hours for FCE I would just look at them with a face saying "Why?". Yes don't get me wrong, fun coaster, but not worth the time that could be spent riding Wild Eagle around 20 times.

You read that wrong. He said the wait got to 90 minutes between 4-5 in the afternoon.

45 minutes for Firechaser Express, yikes...

Also known as a "quiet day in Asia"

Most of my students would be really excited for lines like that board. I've seen waits of 30-60 mins for a pretty basic roller-skater here but then again it wasn't really designed with the capacity needed in mind for a park with the kind of attendance here especially since it's the only family roller-coaster outside a standard powered double helix. I think something like Firechaser would go down really well in family friendly Korea but I dread to think how big the lines would get.

Does anyone know if Dollywood has announced their 2016 operating schedule? I looked around online and didnt get an answer, so I am guessing not, but even your opinion as to when the park will open is appreciated. I saw that the park opened on March 21st in 2015, so is it pretty consistent every year? Opening the third Saturday of March?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Dollywood has announced their 2016 operating schedule? I looked around online and didnt get an answer, so I am guessing not, but even your opinion as to when the park will open is appreciated. I saw that the park opened on March 21st in 2015, so is it pretty consistent every year? Opening the third Saturday of March?

Thanks!

Dollywood 2016 operating schedule