TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 3rd Annual Coaster Video Contest!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I submit my video on a Mini DV Tape?

I'm not sure I understand this question. You put the DV tape in an envelope and put the envelope in the mail.

BTW, your video on DV tape is the "preferred method" of submitted a video.

--Robb

Well I have kind of a dumb question, but I dont know much about this type of stuff. I have a digital camera that takes videos, and I would love to enter this contest. Does anyone know if it would work in this contest? It takes .mov videos.

If it doesnt work I will just wait untill next year when I have a nice camcorder.

thanks anyones help!

Just a reminder - Videos need to be postmarked by April 1st! That in just over two weeks!

We've already gotten quite a few entries and thanks to everyone who has submitted a video so far!

--Robb

ps. If you are a member of any other newsgroups or forums and would like to help us spread the word about the contest, please feel free to post about it. The more people that enter, the better the contest will be!

^ It just keeps everything somewhat current that way.

--Robb

I understand it is your contest and your rules...... but I do not see when the video was taken is relevant to the quality and entertainment value of the video. Most of my footage is from 1997-2002, Then I had a lot of personal things happen that prevented me from going to many parks and taking videos.

I am making a video now from my IOA trip from 2000 with my best buds and I have alot of good stuff in it and think it might be able contend but because it was filmed in 2000 it would be disqualified. It just does not make sense to me if it is a quality video that entertained you. But like I said it is your contest and your rules. It just seems like an unneccessary rule to me.

Maybe this rule can be changed for next year's contest.

posted with no disrespect to your great contest,

JEFF

Quick question for you Robb: I was going to burn my uncompressed DV .avi file to a DVD and mail it to you as I have in the past. But, what if I had somewhere that I could upload the entire file on the net and then just email you a link to it (since you're going to have to copy the .avi file from the DVD to your computer anyway)?

Quick question for you Robb: I was going to burn my uncompressed DV .avi file to a DVD and mail it to you as I have in the past. But, what if I had somewhere that I could upload the entire file on the net and then just email you a link to it (since you're going to have to copy the .avi file from the DVD to your computer anyway)?

That would actually work just fine if you wanted to do it that way too.

--Robb

I was planning to get some decent footage last weekend when Robb and Elissa were down in Florida. Unfortunately, my camcorder stopped working at the gate of AK (the first park we hit). In the end, I had to record to memory cards, but I was able to capture some decent footage (including POV's of Everest, Jurassic Park, and Primeval Whirl) and tons of good still footage. With Windows Movie Maker crashing every five minutes and a limited amount of video footage, I was able to crank out something interesting.

My video has something for everyone at TPR, including fire, food, and Vekoma rides