TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst Theme Park in the world?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though I did not enjoy Kennywood, you definitely can't call it the worst park. Same to Cedar Point. Both were enjoyable to some point, but mediocre at best.

I can't really pinpoint the worst park I've been to. When I think of worst I feel it should be horrible, and I have never thought of a park as horrible.

No, are YOU high?

Well, I can't say that theres "worst park in the world". But I'll tell you if there was one it would defiantly not be Kennywood.

Haha! I am so not high! I just hated Kennywood! I went there for one ride and the thing was closed all day, and the coasters pretty much sucked... I was just kind of disappointed in it!! BUT that's just my opinion!

~Matthew

^^^ WOW.

You have much to learn abotu Kennywood, my friend. The place is a family park like Idlewild is, if you went there for Phantom's Revenge or one of the more new rides they put in for 06-07' you have alot to learn about Kennywood.

One possibility, you went there on a day where that ride either had problems or going through repairs. Plus, how many times have you been there? once?

but back on topic!

I'd have to say, Legoland Billund, I mean it was a cool place but something seems wrong about it. I know, it's the original LegoLand, but something felt wrong about it. Dunno what though!

This is such a subjective question.

I think all parks have good and bad points about them. It is always easy to pick on the big guys like CP and SFGADV. CP is my home park since GL closed (conspiracy, CF planned on closing it all along, I will never believe the truth). I visited CP 21 times this last season and overall was impressed with most aspects of the park. Yes $5 french fries SUCK but I had some really great experiences also, like going to the Snoopy on Ice show with my son and really enjoying an entertaining show or when the MF crew opened the connecting gate between the unload and dispatching stations so that we could get off the train and get right back into the queue without having to walk all the way around (last night of the 2008 season). In July I was at SFGADV and was surprised to find such a well kept park with friendly staff.

I am really surprised that Kennywood has been mentioned. KW for me is one of the best parks in the world. It has charm and class and a nostalgic feeling you do not find in many parks. The rides are great and the variety is awesome.

We have to be careful as enthusiasts that we do not become cynical or expect the world. These are businesses that all try to give a good value for the dollar. None of them purposely try to offend its guests.

I don't think this topic is meant to ridicule others' opinions, it is meant to state what you think is the worst park. I don't think anyone has to call each other high: Some people enjoy things that others don't. For example, I find the Lord of the Rings boring while others think it is God's gift to the Earth. It's not my kind of thing, but I can see why others like it.

Now, as for the actual topic, I'd say Walt Disney Studios. HOWEVER, I went before construction had even started on the Tower of Terror, so at least there is now one well-themed attraction theme there.

^I second that, I found La Ronde to be bad in alot of ways. The ops seemed pretty rude and did not look like they enjoyed their jobs at all, I got stuck on the Boomerang for a half hour, it seemed like alot of the rides broke down throughout the day and the place was pretty dirty. I reallly have no desire to go back there.

Yeah that's what I thought too. With the exception of like 3 of the attendants at Holiday World I talked to, they seemed like robots for the most part. Mrs. Koch and Paula were very nice but the general staff just didn't seem to really want to be there. SFKK's employees were genuinely friendly and were going out of their way to make sure we had a good time there. It was the complete opposite of everything I had read about the park before I went. I actually sent them an email after my visit saying how much I liked the park and how well run it was, contrary to the stories I had heard about it. They seemed really happy to hear that in the email I got back from them.

I also thought BeechBend had some of the nicest employees of any park I've been to......Must be a Kentucky thing.

I actually liked SFKK quite a bit. It was one of the cleanest, friendliest parks of the Midwest trip.

Its easy to kiss-@$$ to a group of people on one day, 99.9% of people that go to SFKK do not have that experience.

I suppose, but as I said they seemed genuinely friendly, not 'forced' like Holiday World. I'd like to believe that Jay Thomas (who's now at SFMM and their locals are reporting the same thing) had more to do with it than just the fact that we were there though. I do talk with a couple people in the SFKK area that said the park was vastly improved when he was there. So I don't know, sucking up to us or not, it did seem like a pretty nice, well run park with staff that seemed actually enthusiastic, not forced to be.

My vote goes for LaRonde also. It had such a beautiful location beside the river and the city in the background but our experience was awful do to the slowest moving lines and the most uninterested employees I had ever seen. I would love to see this park operated by someone who cares. Also terrible food, broken rides and the most line jumping I had ever seen didn't help either. Elitch Gardens is a close 2nd.

I actually liked SFKK quite a bit. It was one of the cleanest, friendliest parks of the Midwest trip.

Its easy to kiss-@$$ to a group of people on one day, 99.9% of people that go to SFKK do not have that experience.

Not really, I went in late august when the park wasn't even "truly" open, It was part of the Kentucky state fair and you had to pay tickets to get on each ride. Not only that but there were literally and honestly less than 25 people in the entire park. But I still thought the employees were some of the friendliest park workers I’ve ever met, and this was on a day they probably shouldn’t have cared much about. That really tells me something about their staff, and i have to say SFKK might be the nicest Six Flags park I've been to.