TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I would love to see The Boss get turned into Iron Boss, but I just unfortunately don't see it happening for reasons others have stated. Besides, maybe Screamin' Eagle could potentially get the RMC treatment because I can see plenty of potential for RMC to turn that coaster into an amazing one.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!.... how dare you say that LOL. I'm already horrified and disgusted that SF did that to Colossus. Screamin' eagle is a classis, so they better not ever alter or change it in any way. If they would do that to the Screamin' Eagle, I will be so depressed and possibly even have heart failure.

Screaming Eagle doesn't really need it. The air time is quite good and I don't remember it being rough at all. Is it a modern day air-time machine? No. Nor does it need to be. Boss getting the attention would serve the park better, imo.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy the Screamin' Eagle? It is extremely rickety and hurts my legs, and every time I ride it feels like I am going to fly off the tracks. It's frustrating people everyone loves it and says it is an airtime machine, but I don't ever get that feeling(and I usually go fairly early in the season after maintenance works on it). It should never EVER get the RMC treatment. It is just not an "RMC" layout that works with what they have been doing with their coasters.

Stay safe, and we really appreciate your service. Being at SLU Monday night, I was very thankful for everyone keeping us safe. Even the dozen federal police living in the Federal Courthouse in E.STL where my mom works are much appreciated. Coasters aside, stay warm, and I'm supporting you all.

Thanks, man. Luckily all has been quiet on my side of the river, so far.

Stay safe, and we really appreciate your service. Being at SLU Monday night, I was very thankful for everyone keeping us safe. Even the dozen federal police living in the Federal Courthouse in E.STL where my mom works are much appreciated. Coasters aside, stay warm, and I'm supporting you all.

Thanks, man. Luckily all has been quiet on my side of the river, so far.

https://www.facebook.com/metroeastjic

There was only one incident in ESL, that wasnt much of anything. Everything else was just false rumors.

So it seems SFSTL or Corporate SF is still trying to sell a majority of its excess land to the east of the park. I knew a few years back they tried and were asking a hefty amount, but looks like they dropped their price dramatically. Just shy of $6 million for 180 acres comes out to $32,666 an acre which is beyond dirt cheap considering just at the southern tip of that, there is 4.54 acres for sale for $800,000.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18641544/Six-Flags-Rd-and-I-44-Eureka-MO/

They will never expand that far out, even though they could do SOOO much with it... The cost of putting in utilities, sewers, land grading, pathways, and buildings alone would be in millions, and thats before any rides. If you look though at the land between the park and whats for sale, that still leaves them for SOME expansion both in the main park and the water park if they ever want to. I've always dreamt of one badass terrain coaster starting in the park, going way out in those woods. I also don't see this land selling any time in the near future.

If the park sold off all the land that isn't being occupied they'd still have lots of room for expansion. The park would still own the land where the Fright Fest hayride goes and the area around that. That land could eventually be used IF any large sized coaster came to SFSTL.

^ No, don't say that, its nice not having a coaster just thrown on top of asphalt, even if it does mean getting a new coaster. Plus, there's really not anywhere they could do that, considering the one side is the water park and the other has the catering area.

I'm not sure if the google earth picture of the land the park owns is anywhere on this thread, but if you can find it, it is cut off in most of it by a thin strip that is an industrial area. I wonder if they could extend the utilities from this area for the park use rather than try to connect into the park's current utilities.

I'm not sure if the google earth picture of the land the park owns is anywhere on this thread, but if you can find it, it is cut off in most of it by a thin strip that is an industrial area. I wonder if they could extend the utilities from this area for the park use rather than try to connect into the park's current utilities.

SFSTL property.bmp

SFSTL Property

As you can see, this time around they are not attempting to sell the most valuable unused land, which is the land that is on right on that frontage road (5th street?). Businesses would need to have a full-time parking lot security guard or else their lot would be full of people wanting to park for free. When Busch parks were in their prime while Six Flags was having their money issues, it would have been really cool to see SFSL bought by Busch. They could move the Clydesdales and animals from Grant's Farm out to the SF property with all that extra land, and they could sell a lot of the Grants Farm property, which is very valuable.

My main thing is that if the land sells, it isn't even enough to buy a Premier Superman clone. Also, in case anyone thought I forgot, I am bringing your questions/suggestions to be answered on Monday.

JLBM Update:

The new concrete floor is done. It is nice and smooth for the ride. On January 5th, the work building the walls for the different rooms/areas of the ride will begin. On January 29th, the installation of the ride system and other elements is scheduled to begin, with the walls being almost finished. Luckily, the installation of the track & thematic elements will happen fairly quickly as they are all finished and ready to be installed. Everything looks great!