TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

This summer went by way too fast.

I think the problem is HVAC. My grade school did not have air conditioning and havering class in August would have been a nightmare.

You make a great point. I remember sweating my a$$ off in class at the beginning and end of the school year. It really interfered with my sleeping! Only one of our three buildings in my high school had AC and it kept the building at a nice cool 80 degrees, which was a luxury at that time. AC was unheard of in K-12.

With Fright Fest about 8 weeks away, advertisements are going up around the park for the attractions, most would appear to be the same as last year. Voided Vision is something new

Saw the advertisement for this in the park today. I wasn't thrilled with the name "Total Darkness," and to me, this is another step backwards.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407375046.789317.jpg[/attachment]

Havent been to Fright Fest in over 20 years, but from what people have said, you have to pay to get into every "haunted house", which seem to be toned down. Not a good sign, when you have The Darkness, Creepyworld, and the new one 20 minutes away.

I actually liked the haunted houses at SFSTL, except for Total Darkness. Would love to try out The Darkness and Creepyworld someday, though.

I'm hoping Voided Vision might be a better version of Total Darkness that uses visual effects to make your eyesight go wonky and stuff, such as strobe lights.

What does Fright Fest offer that is not an upcharge?

The train ride, scare zones, and last year they had two small houses open for free (one themed to cannibals, one themed to clowns). There are also a few shows. All the rides are open as well.

The all night admission to the houses is like $15, I believe. It isn't a bad deal at all, I liked three of the four houses a lot.

We took the boys last year during the day and other than a few hay bales laying around it didn't seem any different than June. I understand daytime is more tame but a few hay bales scattered around concerns me about evening. If I take my oldest (12) at night I should expect to pay the $15 to see something more?

This was in the park email I just received. Looks fun, but not without my boys. Must be 18. All 9 coasters in 6 hours. 8pm-2am.

http://content.sixflags.com/news/entersweepstakes.aspx?c=sixhourcoaster&utm_source=park-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SFSL&utm_content=2014-08-06

My friend and I were one of the "chosen few" that got picked for the marathon last year, although that one lasted 9 hours (45 mins per coaster, with 15 mins in between to rest/pee/get to the next coaster). I'll see how quickly I can sum up that experience.

The teams were all given a starting coaster, and would basically rotate around the park clockwise. Our group- Team Rust, or Team "Patina" as we decided to call ourselves- started out on the mine train. Great fun, as it gave us time to get to know each other, have chats on the lift hills, do each other's nails, etc. We noticed about 20 mins in that someone had already puked on the Ninja and they had pulled everyone off to clean up. They then decided in fairness to pull all the teams off all the coasters while they cleaned it up, so that ultimately everyone would be riding for the same amount of time. This quickly became the theme of the evening. I mean... the puking just became rampant. So many people, so unprepared for this type of event. In the 45 mins we were at Batman, I think we rode it maybe 4 times, as we spent the majority of the time on the platform waiting as they cleaned up puke as far as the eye could see. It was ridiculous.

At the end of the event, our team tied with another for having the most members standing (13 out of 16, I believe). They gave all of us passes for this year. They then did the grand prize drawing for the trip to DC, and my friend won- and ended up taking me with her! *high five*

It was the hardest I'd ever worked to compete in anything. You don't realize just how bad it's really gonna be. Our team was in it to win it, and we didn't have anyone bow out until we hit the Boss (we did have a few people puking between rides on Mr. Freeze and every ride thereafter, but they all jumped right back on). It was surreal, and I'm not 100% sure I'd do it again, but it was a story to tell the grandkids for sure.

This was in the park email I just received. Looks fun, but not without my boys. Must be 18. All 9 coasters in 6 hours. 8pm-2am.

http://content.sixflags.com/news/entersweepstakes.aspx?c=sixhourcoaster&utm_source=park-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SFSL&utm_content=2014-08-06

My friend and I were one of the "chosen few" that got picked for the marathon last year, although that one lasted 9 hours (45 mins per coaster, with 15 mins in between to rest/pee/get to the next coaster). I'll see how quickly I can sum up that experience.

The teams were all given a starting coaster, and would basically rotate around the park clockwise. Our group- Team Rust, or Team "Patina" as we decided to call ourselves- started out on the mine train. Great fun, as it gave us time to get to know each other, have chats on the lift hills, do each other's nails, etc. We noticed about 20 mins in that someone had already puked on the Ninja and they had pulled everyone off to clean up. They then decided in fairness to pull all the teams off all the coasters while they cleaned it up, so that ultimately everyone would be riding for the same amount of time. This quickly became the theme of the evening. I mean... the puking just became rampant. So many people, so unprepared for this type of event. In the 45 mins we were at Batman, I think we rode it maybe 4 times, as we spent the majority of the time on the platform waiting as they cleaned up puke as far as the eye could see. It was ridiculous.

At the end of the event, our team tied with another for having the most members standing (13 out of 16, I believe). They gave all of us passes for this year. They then did the grand prize drawing for the trip to DC, and my friend won- and ended up taking me with her! *high five*

It was the hardest I'd ever worked to compete in anything. You don't realize just how bad it's really gonna be. Our team was in it to win it, and we didn't have anyone bow out until we hit the Boss (we did have a few people puking between rides on Mr. Freeze and every ride thereafter, but they all jumped right back on). It was surreal, and I'm not 100% sure I'd do it again, but it was a story to tell the grandkids for sure.

Wow that sounds pretty intense. And I'm not sure why Six Flags thinks it is a good marketing stunt to have people ride their coasters till they barf their brains out.

The Darkness is way way over-hyped.

Its definitely one of those things, like seeing a horror movie in a theater, where you want to go there when it's not busy, since if there's a lot of people, you have to go through it kind of fast. I went to Creepyworld a few years ago and I think that was overhyped. They say theyre 10 in 1 or whatever, but half the stuff really wasnt very big.

The thing I hate about Scarefest is, like Six Flags, is they give you online discount codes, but the online fees make them pointless(and the speed pass is unnecessary).

Ive been to Darkness like 5 times and only had to wait a long times twice. The last two, we went straight in.

The Darkness is way way over-hyped.

Its definitely one of those things, like seeing a horror movie in a theater, where you want to go there when it's not busy, since if there's a lot of people, you have to go through it kind of fast. I went to Creepyworld a few years ago and I think that was overhyped. They say theyre 10 in 1 or whatever, but half the stuff really wasnt very big.

The thing I hate about Scarefest is, like Six Flags, is they give you online discount codes, but the online fees make them pointless(and the speed pass is unnecessary).

Ive been to Darkness like 5 times and only had to wait a long times twice. The last two, we went straight in.

I have been to the Darkness twice. What made me laugh afterwards is realizing it is not very Dark at all, and unfortunately not frightening either. Now a positive note though it is a long haunt.

Could Six Flags St Louis get a Goliath B&M hyper coaster? Like a Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America? They could put one behind screamin eagle or behind The Boss?

Both of those areas are quite hilly and underdeveloped. It's possible, but I don't think that it would be an easy task (especially behind Boss).

Could Six Flags St Louis get a Goliath B&M hyper coaster? Like a Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America? They could put one behind screamin eagle or behind The Boss?

Both of those areas are quite hilly and underdeveloped. It's possible, but I don't think that it would be an easy task (especially behind Boss).

I think if the park were to ever to get to that point they would have to expand the park to the West.

I don't know if this is 100% true, but apparently SFOG's Goliath was planned for SFSTL but got moved at the last minute. It would've gone where the picnic grove is.

Wonder why?

Because it's Six Flags.

Why do you think they would expand west when they own a ton of land already to the east?